-
Posts
1,225 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by bobsmith
-
[sims] Assessment - Attach a result to seveal Result Sets at the same time?
bobsmith replied to iceman's topic in MIS Systems
I put yearly targets against a generic resultset for that year e.g. Y08, then my assessment points are stored against Y08_01, Y08_02 etc. I can't think of any benefit of having the targets stored against the termly resultsets as you're describing.- 5 replies
-
- assessment manager
- results sets
-
(and 1 more)
Tagged with:
-
[sims] Adding a page break to an Individual Report
bobsmith replied to ieuan99's topic in MIS Systems
I just tested this on one of my templates having read your post. Just adding a standard word page break added it in exactly where i wanted it. Where in the context of the report are you trying to add a page break? -
Hi T! I've not found a way of doing alerts for daily absence, though I have written some easy reports where you can easily check attendance on the day for a selection of students. If it was one person it would be far faster just to type their name in the quick search box and then mouse over them to see the daily marks entered. As for discover - open the discover admin tool and you can change the thresholds in there.
-
Is this one master mark sheet they are after? We collect this data up to 6 times a year but the marksheets the classroom teacher use only have Grade / Behaviour / Effort - 3 columns. All I have to do is replace the result set every half term (laborious but achievable in an hour or so). If the Head of Year wants an overview I simply make a behaviour/effort marksheet for them with all the subjects available to that year group - it's never more than 40 columns. Tracking effort/behaviour over 5 years (on one marksheet) seems like data for data's sake, they aren't going to do anything with it. Behaviour and effort needs to be dealt with at the time, it's not particularly useful to make a graph for a year 11 pupil listing their behaviour/effort over 15 or more time periods! Unless you want to show them why they are failing now....
-
Why are you trying to delete the summer 2016 series anyway?
-
When you have a student who is also a parent (not really but SIMS has been made to think this is the case) you need to break the sibling link as you did, but either your support team or Capita have a patch that you can run which removes them from the contact list. This isn't corruption, it's human error. If only we could eliminate the human element from data entry! The nice thing is it's pretty easy to resolve these issues. And with training you can reduce the slip ups that cause this. Not had a duplicate created in a few months now!
-
SISRA, 4Matrix, there may be other systems as capable... These products pay for themselves in time saved (by you) in very short order. What helped me in my latest post (my 2nd stint as a data manager) was actually becoming a data manager more than a data entry/retrieval person. I've been allowed to define the role of the data manager here and it's more like an associate SLT than some glorified member of the admin team. SISRA (my current product of choice) means that instead of having fun playing with Excel all day I can actually work with the stakeholders in ensuring the quality of the data they submit and increasing awareness of what data CAN and CANNOT do. As far as SIMS is concerned, I spent the first month here getting to grips with what they already had, then redesigning and rebuilding the gradesets/aspects/templates so they actually did what I needed them to do, so that I could do what the school needed ME to do do. Read only templates/marksheets are a life saver, and since SIMS reporting is actually far more limited than what I am used to using, I rely heavily on my ability to take data straight from a purpose built marksheet and dump it into SISRA or occasionally EXCEL (mostly to make pretty graphs). The other trick is to spend some of those spare hours reading up on SIMS usage and the current DfE thinking on measures.
-
[sims] Bulk creating Aspects in SIMS - Lots and Lots of Aspects to create.
bobsmith replied to jonwilf's topic in MIS Systems
365 aspects?? All I can say is best of luck, is this being rolled out to other subjects?- 8 replies
-
- aspects
- help me please
-
(and 1 more)
Tagged with:
-
when I started here I found that I had been assigned EVERY group there was!! And I wasn't the only one..... Needless to say a lot of tidy up was needed.
-
Hi @PhilNeal, where is that screen? My contacts button has surname, forenames, postcode as search items. My communicatee log (through the communication log link on student records) has contact/bill payer/enquirer
-
you can't automate it. someone has to tick all the registers that appear (you can select all) and press send each time.
- 2 replies
-
- 1
-
-
- notifications
- registers
-
(and 1 more)
Tagged with:
-
it's not compulsory. An explanation of it is here: https://davidpott.com/
-
Ah ha, that makes sense, except I would have expected SIMS to automatically have all staff available in that list without having to add an extra role to them!
-
I liked KKS and I like connectEd, it seems like early days for the product, and I've been helping my admin team this morning with setting up some more features in it and come across annoying omissions, but no show stoppers. There are other products that I would explore - schoolcomms looks nice. It's a matter really of what your brief is. For us it was replacing a really ropey communications system.
-
It is a rebranded version of keep kids safe. At my last school I bought into KKS, when I came here they suggested we shift to RSConnectEd as this is the evolution of the product. You're right that the connection between the two is as clear as mud on both their websites!!! However 30 seconds playing with RSConnectEd and you can see the KKS development hiding under the hood, the interface is almost unchanged. - - - Updated - - - oh and the big difference is that you can effectively eliminate your actual messaging costs if your parents all have smartphones.
-
looks like SIMS if it's is referencing CESthirdpartyfields....
-
I've just had a play with this - never used it that way before. Can you give a worked example of a situation where this would happen?
-
If you want to use one then I'd propose that outlook would be the answer - doesn't salamandersoft allow the export of sims calendar to outlook - or was it the other way around?
-
School Administrator is a pretty high level account, so I'd kinda expect that level of access, however if you're not seeing their address directly on their record then it shouldn't really show up in a quick search should it?
-
easy peasy Add a course link on the template setup page, then the class will populate that column.
-
All working fine here, have you tried uninstalling and redownloading it?
-
Are you primary or secondary? Are you recording the KS2 results taken at your school, or importing them from key to success in the first place? As far as I know these results in both cases would be stored in AM7, NOT exams organiser.
-
does Double First have CTF import?
