-
Posts
1,225 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by bobsmith
-
[sims] Version Timeline + Permissions Spreadsheet
bobsmith replied to Gongalong's topic in MIS Systems
Why don't you have a login to myaccount on capita's website? -
it's got a tiny bit of auditing, it's a value that is definitely greater than zero..... I can see who changed an attendance mark and when they did it...... I can also see when you last logged into it and from what pc. On the original topic - SIMS can record the employee payscales - spinal points and banking details. Isn't it just FMS you need to round off the payroll aspect?
-
Depends on the school - we pay our LA to do our HR so they collaborate on the COLLECT website with us, but some schools will be doing it in house - particularly academies. Depending on the school the data manager may need to have access to system manager so they can sort issues out, what this means in practice is that they can grant themselves access to whatever they want anyway. So it becomes a bit of a moot issue whether or not they are granted personnel access explicitly.
-
Getting away from the internal politics for just a moment, you've got redundant groups in those permissions. School Administrator trumps admin assistant. Profiles co-ordinator trumps Profiles operator If they are actually your data manager and are responsible for the use of SIMS within the school then they need to access ALL of the data stored within SIMS surely. It's like asking that a network manager doesn't have domain admin rights - if you don't trust them then you have to sack them.
-
what status is your plan in? Design, Active, Review ??
-
it works great on windows 10 Now we just have to find a reasonably priced windows 10 tablet.....
-
Not since Phil Neal was active on here. Those were the days!
-
I'd temper that "No" with a "maybe". I'm running 64bit excel and word and haven't yet run into any issues with SIMS not playing nice. Maybe I've not done anything super clever or unusual yet....
-
I used to do this all the time, SQL Express and restore the Databases following the standard "how to install CMIS" guide off of advanced learning. Just do the sensible thing and follow the security advice of robk
-
it's mostly microsoft word that you need to get familiar with to resolve these issues, it's not using much from SIMS to control this. Within Word there's an option to stop rows splitting across pages, but if you want more control than that you're gonna be looking at section breaks to control the layout.
-
I've had a hunt through the forums but couldn't find anything specific enough to my area. Our renewal of our Capita Enhanced Support Contract is up for discussion and I'm looking for something better. Response times have become a joke and all we're really getting for our money is a call logging service. Any one based in the south east know of any companies relatively local, or local schools that can recommend a provider. We're based in East London, so anyone from Essex, Kent or London would be great.
-
FFT does use the national dataset already, SISRA doesn't actually have any data, it just analyses what you put into it, so not really a job for the DfE.
-
Isn't Capita just a tax payer funded private corporation anyway? Nationalise them!
-
Student Focus report - add all the basic info you want, then add sub-report item "attendance marks" - you can filter within the sub report for whichever codes/dates you want to display.
-
the other part of this, if they never set foot in the school and the details have been based to your LA team to inform them of their whereabouts (or lack thereof) you can delete them out of SIMS.
-
I've never had to do anymore than import CTF, check the data shows in the aspects and walk away from it. The CAS calculation sheets always struck me as overkill for what should be a straightfoward job.
-
try the nca tools website - I've got something buzzing round my head about some cohorts being on one website and the rest being on the other. As for SIMS, it stores the results as part of the CTF import, you can see which aspects it uses by looking at the results history for any student in that cohort.
-
Could you not set your script up to run your login transfer THEN call the LA's backup script to run? Automates the whole caboodle nicely?
-
in windows explorer make sure to enable viewing the file extensions. then you can remove the .txt bit off the end which will fix it.
-
since the summer update it's been really flakey if you're doing lots of updates to anything at all. We've spent ages investigating infrastructure issues here but I'm leaning towards something at the code end of the issue.
-
Try this Classes with ALL teachers who teach them.RptDef.txt it's based off the suggestion I above but i've put a load of sub report filtering in to actually get accurate numbers of staff showing. just rename it to remove the .txt and it should import fine.
-
I'm just having a play after seeing this. This is what I've got so far. Build a report focussed on the data area: Subject then use the sub report "classes for subject" and within that pull the "supervisors" sub report. It's giving me the teachers that teach each class (including the split classes) but it's duplicating some teachers for no good reason. Possibly a good starting point?
-
I didn't want to respond because I haven't done it. Nor would I given the choice. It's not the concept that I don't like it's just all the bad reports I've heard about the speed when it's being hosted. It's after-all not actually a true cloud hosted solution, just in effect using Remote Desktop to deliver it to clients.
-
http://www.edugeek.net/forums/mis-systems/200954-sims-backup.html
