-
Posts
3,240 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by mthomas08
-
Think it just goes to show how much of a Gossip country we have become, who is bothered about Ryna Dunn having a few drinks or appearing on a Jackass Scene drunk when Winehouse appears on Stage performing live out of her head.
-
Love the Jackass films and Ryan was my second favourite of the crew, I do have sympathy though even if he was drunk because at least he was earning a living and not just living on benefits which most of our country is doing.
-
I did watch it, even watched the whole thing again on IPlayer, but then I am a big F1 fan and since the start of 2007 F1 has been much better. With the BBC coverage it has been as good since I can remember, after watching the Senna movie I am thinking that maybe it has not been good since the Senna years. Full of the good, the bad and the ugly with a side order of courts, politics and stewards. Sitting on air for a good few hours is no easy task and Martin and David did a brilliant job, EJ adds some spice because he is never afraid to ask that uncomfortable question and Jake balances it out spot on. One thing I hate is "Fake" and I want to see personality and MB and DC showed that when on air while it is down pouring, even got good ratings in the papers for their talk of "Birds". No easy task to keep talking when nothing is going on, they could have switched over to some thing else but my opinion is who cares about the antiques road show, it is a very low budget program which surely only old people watch? Then again, thats all my opinion, the fact the news pays attention to F1 more in the last 3 years then what they had done for about 10 years put together to me says some thing. Canada was probably the best race of the season, it had everything. F1 and Football are the only things I put the TV on for, if F1 goes then I will consider not caring about a TV License.
-
With the ratings of F1 going through the roof at the moment, I can not see why they would even consider it but according to Whitmarsh he believes it is just rumour. The BBC had released ratings of Canada and apparently they were better ratings then all the other channels put together. F1 has really become some thing exciting and even I find my self watching every grand prix and any information about it instead of skipping races because they are boring.
-
It has been online for about 5 weeks maybe even 6, was working fine till the last day of half term and had a few weird issues - like a loopback on our network. I found a few DNS errors after some dcdiag /test:dns
-
If MS did do the above then we would be on the list to buy it, everytime we purchase a new piece of kit we always think "Will MS stuff work on it". We have a sony IPad here some where I believe, we tried putting windows XP on it ages ago.
-
I must say I would agree, it has occured here where a resource has not been used but because it was made to look much more fancier it then magically got used. IPads are the a great gismo and also can look like a fancy toy, it is really that combo that has made them work so well.
-
Well after more work I believe I have a DNS issue some where.. Nslookup is coming up as "Can't find server name"... Even though I can \\servername\ On the server it self NSlookup shows "Uknown" then "IP Address"..
-
Right after some work, the only IP address that it is listening to is the correct IPV4 address. Also did some DNS/DHCP/ADDS checking, found some issues and fixed them. Still got a few weird issues popping up: In AD/DS "The Domain Name System (DNS) host resource records for this domain controller's fully qualified domain name currently map to the IP addresses that do not belong to this domain controller. The invalid IP addresses are ::1." Also in DNS "The network adapter Local Area Connection 2 does not list the loopback IP address as a DNS server, or it is configured as the first entry." Now I really think there is some thing with IPV6 causing me a few problems, but not having luck in finding any settings that are pointing to IPV6 Loopback address let alone Ipv6. Any ideas? This seems to be causing issues for a few Win7 clients that recently got an IP Address.
-
Thanks for that, is there any where else that loopback address is sitting? When I check the Name Server in DNS and resolve I get the IP address and the ::1 on OK, does that make a difference (I have only added the IP and not the ::1).
-
Hi everyone, have tried googling this but no luck. Currently switched from an old 2003 GC to a new 2008 R2 GC, all went well and all transferred. Have made so many changes etc I have lost track and I must of made a mistake some where. When I do an NS lookup on this new server I am getting two entries one with the correct address and another with an incorrect part then correct part. 1st Entry "Name: (FQDN) Address: (IP) 2nd Entry "Name (FQDN) Adresses ::1 (then Correct IP address) The entry ::1 is appearing every time I resolve the name on the "Name Servers" it does have a correct address but then it has this extra ::1 Picks up both as "Ok". Strange I have just resolved an issue that IPv6 had an address even though it is unticked and the other NIC ports are disabled. I am even getting the new Win7 clients I am building showing an IPv6 address ( I believe I have fixed this ). As you can guess I used all sorts of technet guides to transfer the GC/DHCP/DNS roles from one server 2003 to another 2008 r2, had everything working perfectly then out of no where I had little issues like the above. Hope I have provided enough information, we are using IPv4 for our setup. Any help is great thank you.
-
Sorry was actually about to DELETE my post when you replied.....
-
Can I ask why you want such old OS's ?
-
To be fair to the Stewards, they were the ones down there on the track. The drivers also are the ones down there and standing water has always been an issue and for F1 cars they just simply can't handle it. It's like asking a fighter pilot to fly very slow through a storm.
-
Gathering info for a poll on school websites
mthomas08 replied to speckytecky's topic in General Chat
We have some one here who uses Word Press but this is not for school sites though, we have frog. -
I will admit, each time JB gained a place in that to 10 I was shouting, it became louder and louder once he had Webber and Schumacher... when Vettel went off... think I almost lost my voice.
-
Watched it and loved it, had every emotion, foul language, cheering, going mental..... I felt drained like a World Cup final (well qualifying matches for England).
-
I dont do sympathy for A2Z, we stopped buying from them in 2009 in fact our last purchase was 2008, they sold us about 100 PCs and they were pathetic to say at the least. Even their salesman told us they did sell us a bad deal, terrible cases, bad spec but then the head of ICT did the purchase. Since then we never looked at them again, same went for NS before A2Z, Forefront we had NS - never again. You shouldnt be purchasing PCs and have them turn up on your door step in a disgusting state where you end up sending 5 back instantly and find about 8 more faulty within 4 weeks. Bit of a rant but these companies do not shock me when they go bust.
-
We have scrapped ALL our Laptop trollies for students over the years. They all got wrecked, all wireless and just gave the students, staff and us grief. Now our staff are more understanding about laptops + Students this is some thing that shouldnt ever come back in my time. We do not have the best behaved students so it was never a bright idea. As a result both of those areas now have desktops and have far less issues.
-
I am guessing you decided to go cheap and not let frog do it? We have just gone frog and compared the sites of those who didnt pay for Frog to design it and at those where Frog did.... big difference. Having our 1st design meeting come tomorrow. @reg Not a bad site but I do see your point
-
Thanks for that Arthur, I have had a look at those and will pass the links around.
-
Just had the best day of my life - so far!
mthomas08 replied to synaesthesia's topic in General Chat
I totally am the same, I would love to of met them. Walker and Hill are total Legends I could talk about F1 all day with them. Although I would be tempted to ask Murray if he can shout out GO GO GO AND THEIR OFF!!! just once -
i missed it..
-
I still want to ask the actual real important question, how are Jedward still appearing on TV?????? how are they still earning a living??????
-
Osama Bin Laden's hideout to feature in video game (CS:S)
mthomas08 replied to Rawns's topic in General Chat
Its a game So frankly who cares.
