Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

mthomas08

Members
  • Posts

    3,240
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by mthomas08

  1. Just done some googling for it and I have found it, excellent thank you. SalamanderSoft Limited - Salamander Active Directory
  2. Hi all. We are being asked to create email groups to match our teaching/classes. So I am wondering is there an easier way to pull a list Firstname/Surname/teaching Group (I can add user name easily enough). And import that in to Active Directory as email group? I guess I am after a nice simple way of doing it without endless amount of work of adding each group manually. Is this possible or am I dreaming?
  3. Will still get it, so many rages occured when Lucas did all the changes for DVD but still sold a shed load of em. Fact is in the end if you want Fancy High Quality star wars you will buy it at worst wait till it drops in price I am seeing how much dosh I have left over.
  4. BBC News - London rioters: 'Showing the rich we do what we want' Not at all mindless yobs.... "Its all good fun", "Rich people have business's" Drinking all night... governments fault yeah errrr conservatives.... Not at all mindless yobs.. in fact thats insulting mindless yobs because its brain dead teens of our ruined generation.
  5. The riots in other countries about being free? wanting to be no longer under a dictator? protesting against the government? Last I checked this was an organised Yob Launch to Loot and nothing more, to keep the Cops so busy that they can do what they want and how they want. Big difference really, the yobs are starting this war not people who are protesting. In other countries people are being forced to silence their anger when they simple want to protest, where as here they are physically threatening people, breaking in to shops, threatening peoples lives and lively hood and not actually protesting anything. One video on the mail had a girl say "We getting our taxes back init"....... yeah very big difference from some one who probably never worked. Big difference from some one sticking "No Cuts" on their shirt to some one wearing a hoody threatening a kid for his IPhone.
  6. Surely the army are trained to deal with civil unrest? I see the adverts enough and its not just about guns blazing but also "Peace Keeping", sorting out evacuating Civi's and tons more - seen the adverts over the years? I could write a long list of what they deal with. They deal with possible hostile situations all the time? which pretty much is what's happening over here. We need to stop pampering the thugs and deal with them in a way they actually understand - A club over the head or a gun in their face. Sorry to sound a bit OTT but when criminals (Yes they are Criminals for what they are doing) cause things like this then we should be showing them the full force of the police/army if we have to and stop sugar coating the yobs. Kind of moments like this I have zero sympathy for gang members who do get shot. Reading the sun there is a video of a woman shouting saying she is disgusted at them and ashamed to be from Hackney and what not. More and more people will end up dead and not the yobs but the innocent people who decide to defend their business's and homes/belongings and the yobs deserve NO human rights. Moments like this I think the cops should be armed with guns just like the yanks.
  7. Just wont be like that though will it, we will get people who barely know what they are talking about. On PF1 a link was posted with a Tony Jardine? interview and he made two big mistakes in talking about F1. One was Fernandez is in the fight this year and the other was Lewis won the championship in 2007 on the last corner. Which was in fact Fernando and 2008. If that's what we got to come then frankly it will be disgusting. BBC has been the best broadcaster and when it returned from ITV to BBC it has been even better, if Sky some how magically does a better job then I wil go buy a hat and eat it. I have zero confidence in Sky's ability to broadcast F1 - this is not Football which revolves around only the players this is F1 which is a team sport of those on the circuit and behind the scenes. Always has been a "Technical" sport, which Sky lacks the know how.
  8. Didnt think Scumbags had any human rights ? oh wait this is england, scumbags have more rights then us working class.
  9. Send in the Army, real men will deal with this. Some real hard drill sarg's are in order.
  10. Can't answer this one. KFC Pepsi wins but not the drink I would have to really cool off plus it seems to be a hyper drink to me Coke from the Pubs if I am really hot and just want a drink.
  11. I thought sky has it till 2018? which means they are in for the long run?
  12. Not surprised Now where are those who said IE users ARE Thickos! Let me at em! Let me at em!
  13. Yep! Not only that we use SIMs and a lot of software here and the companies don't always support new OS's for at least 6-9 months some even a year. So for us the smartest thing to do is stick to Windows 7. You also have to remember the mistake OS's like Vista/98 which were short lived. We are so glad we did not go down the those routes.
  14. News stuff, page3, more news stuff, I am a very nosey bugger.
  15. Yep this. I currently have 1 Dedicated GC which does nothing else its a new fancy little box - nothing mental but has enough cover/redundancy. I also have two other servers as GCs and I plan on scrapping one of them for a SAN box - then rebuild it as another GC with shared storage.
  16. I actually enjoy using the sun, to be honest though hackers are just ripping in to anything. Even Button who is such a good guy got his site hacked and they said he had been seriously injured on his own site. Personally, string up the hackers.
  17. It is what we are currently doing, we have almost upgraded our whole system to W7/2008R2 and so far we have had little issues, our big test in september is when the kids come back but so far seems all good. W8 will be a year out before we consider using it on laptops for staff who are always our testers.
  18. Tough one this, like many things a bad driver behind the wheel of a car can cause some serious problems. A person who has had a real bad day can decide to go 100MPH down the motorway and really not care. When it comes to games, I have played my fair share of them - including blood, gore, explosions, call of duty (Including the scene where you gun down innocent civi's). Yet am I a psycho or do I have anger issues - Nope. My other half does not play games (Or enjoy Die hard films) but wind her up and she can seriously pick up some anger (worse then I have seen in most women). My nephew can play some violent games and he is 12, but he is very responsible and only jokes about gunning down with a machine gun. He is a Soft heart as well, he could be a real bully because he is so tall compared to his year but because he has a loving family he has not got any anger issues. My boss not long ago said that Anger, Hate, Death and Murder has been around since the dawn of time and we as a people will always be violent. It will not take over night to remove it, so when some kid copies a game then he mentally would probably copy a film or a tv program just as much.
  19. Just been keeping an eye out on PF1, plus they did mention at the weekend that BBC was going to lose F1 for good, at least this way we still get 10 races a year but as long as Brundle/Coultard and Co are still about because I think they have been fantastic. It does really look like it came down to money, BBC lost it to ITV as a result of Money and Bernie is pure business man (Couldnt care less about anything else) and again BBC lose out because of money. The fact you got Jake who is a very hard worker and a very good presenter (Plus his personality shows) and you have Eddie and David - Ex Team Boss and Ex Driver who may not always agree but again their personality shows and of course Brundle and Coultard again Two Ex Drivers who have a lot of experience in F1 and are fantastic together. It shows on screen and to me gives us a much more Fun feel to F1, they clash at times but its so much fun. You got their opinions showing as well, remember last season when Petrov kept Alonso at bay - Alonso reacted with a hand in the air - Brundle said "Get real son". In the end the fans are going to suffer.
  20. I was thinking that, how many people buy a PC and leave IE on it just because "They have no clue how to change it" or are happy "If its not broke, don't fix it". We force people here to use IE, Why? Because frankly we have had too many issues with Firefox/Opera and Chrome. For some reason when installed it seems to cause all sorts of "Random" issues. No joke on the Random either, one laptop even had graphics driver issues as a result of Chrome installed.... once removed - worked fine with a projector. That survey would be like saying "Only Haters don't use IE" because so many people just hate Microsoft. My home PC has both Firefox and IE, my work PC though I stick to IE over Firefox.
  21. I am sure we can watch antique roadshow every day instead, not forgetting eastenders. F1 was pretty much all I watch on the TV, BBC Iplayer/ITV Player I used often. I guess when it comes to a TV license when I move out - I wont be getting it.
  22. I must agree... it to me has been the best thing with F1 - Ratings and popularity for F1 has gone through the roof which is why Sky have got their dirty paws involved. BBC have done a fantastic job with F1 and I will miss it. Will I get sky? not sure, I planned on getting Sky when I had moved out but I dont like the idea of paying for it. Will it lose ratings as a result of Sky getting involved - Most likely. Will sky though get some more customers - Most likely... Sky will most likely get some pretty boys and a few blondes (sorry to say it) who hate sports, hate F1 and lack personality to commentate.....
  23. One things for sure, we will still be complaining
  24. Happy Birthday! As a present, here is everyones CV to evaluate
×
×
  • Create New...