-
Posts
5,005 -
Joined
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by Hightower
-
I voted 1v1 cos I wanted to vote for Black Ops, but I wouldn't actually play 1v1 - I think it would be boring. I'd only play Black Ops if it was a team game, or a free for all with plenty of people in. It's easy enough to set up a private match too.
-
Just as a heads up, I've nearly finished my video documentation for creating a single image. Just got to blotch out the VLK I entered so no-one can pinch it. Will post up the link when it's on, but should hopefully be today.
-
I think Black Ops would be cool, but not 1v1 - a team game would be awesome. Also, how about Home Front when that comes out on the 18th
-
I wish that's what it meant really! It's a nickname that my uncle gave me. My first car was a little red metro and he used to joke that I'd need to take the front seat out and sit in the back like Hightower off police academy. It stuck from there.
-
Watch out for the red tape! Congrats though, well done!
-
FYI: High = situated or passing above the normal level, surface, base of measurement, or elevation tower = A computer system whose components are arranged in a vertical stack and housed in a tall, narrow cabinet. In other words my computer is above all your lowely piles of junk, a very technical username!
-
None taken I know, I wish I beat you to the tech-savvy front that is 'aerospacemango'. Instead I'm stuck with a name like Hightower thus giving the illusion I'm big, bald, and black.
-
Perhaps you didn't die in your dream, but just got hurt badly in a similar fashion to what happens when you get shot on Call of Duty?
-
Or watching it Planning on doing video documentation as I find it easier to follow (and to document for that matter!)
-
It was horrible when the missus game upstairs on Saturday and said Sky News is reporting 10,000 from a village to be unaccounted for. Words just can't say it. I felt physically sick. Thing is, if these nuclear plants don't hold out it could affect more than the area of Japan - in worst cases it could be detrimental to a lot of the world!
-
Most nights I wake up thinking there's a demon stood over me. Always turns out to be the missus though, waking me up to tell me to stop snoring!
-
Managing a pc without disrupting user log in
Hightower replied to the_one_that_cant's topic in How do you do....it?
I was under the impression that remote desktop connection on anything other than a server OS (so Win7 or XP etc) would log the current user off (or take over the session) when connected to remotely. I thought client OS's could only ever have one session. -
I'm currently working on an XP image that does all hardware - I'm getting close to the final product, just having to tweak sysprep.inf files etc till it's right. Once it is right and works on all our hardware (it's going to take a few days to test the various computers) I will be documenting how I created the image. I will post this documentation up once done.
-
WDS should do the trick too, although you will need a server licence for it - maybe have it running as a VM on your laptop. You can then create a single use image (i.e. it has all the drivers and generic software on it for all hardware types you encounter), and you can simply update the domain joining part of the sysprep file prior to imaging. You can also create a folder on the server for additional drivers, so if you get new hardware you simply drop the drivers into here which saves having to update your image.
-
After mini-setup of a sysprepped XP image it is told (via sysprep.inf) to logon once. This logon sorts the drivers out etc etc, but the 'Add New Hardware Wizard' is coming up. The drivers install fine afterwards (even if left unclicked) so does anyone know how to suppress the 'Add New Hardware Wizard' from the sysprep file? Also, can anyone tell me how to reboot the computer after a minute or so of being logged on for the first time, without using a batch file. I thought just putting this in the sysprep.inf should work, but it doesn't seem to: [GuiRunOnce] "shutdown -r -t 00"
-
I think that sounds like the closest solution to what I was looking for. Thanks for this! Gonna have a play and see if I can extract them from our current AD structure and import the accounts ready for our new AD structure.
-
That does it for all generally. But I'm talking more of a how do I put ICT1 PC's into ICT1 OU etc etc
-
I've got a new Sysprepped image of XP that does all the business (single image for all hardware etc), fully automated up until logon etc etc. But at the moment, it gets to log on and I have two 'problems'. I say 'problems' because it's not major, but would be nice to be completely automated so hence it's a 'problem'. 1) Is there a way to do the renaming of machines automatically. At the moment my sysprep.inf has a '*' in it meaning it's given a random name. Is there any way to either: a) Have it login, and provide a renaming script so ICT1-001 or whatever can be quickly entered? b) Pick up on a MAC address or something and automatically 'know' what each computer needs to be called? 2) Is there a way to automatically transfer the computers into the right OU in AD so they pick up the appropriate GPO's? I know this is a simple case of dragging/dropping/restarting but automation is gooooooood!
-
Maybe not what you want to watch on BBC, also not what I want to watch, but you have to think that there's more than me and you that pay TV licencing. Maybe somebody is say lonely in their home today with no one to talk to, and for the first time today something 'decent' (in their eyes) has actually come on the box.
-
It would be legal to fill your walls with some kind of material that stops the signal getting through though
-
That's got to be the worst 'pretend to type for the cameras' I have ever EVER seen
-
Anybody dealt with these sorts of companies before? National Homebuyers | The stress free way to sell your home Apart from giving me below the market value for my house, is there anything else to watch out for?
-
Yup, but the context in which I used pride is not a sin.
-
I know
