-
Posts
5,005 -
Joined
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by Hightower
-
Highway code isn't law. I do a speed I'm comfortable with doing on motorways. I don't do it because it's cool, or because I may want to flaunt the law. If they increase the speed limit I will still do the speed I am comfortable with.
-
It's strange how you have a preference. We got some new toolkits last year, but I still prefer the old philips I've always used, and will pick that up before the one in the toolkit. I'll even hunt around for it if I can't find it, rather than just using the one in the toolkit. Strange
-
GMails new feaure - self cleaning mailboxes
Hightower replied to SYNACK's topic in Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall
So is it 500,000 or 150,000? -
According to whattowcar.com, it should do just fine with a small 2 berth caravan. The car is a 1.7CDTi. I bought it off my brother who used to tow a small 2 berth van too - so it has caravan experience under the hood
-
Apparently, my car has a kerb weight of 1360kgs. The caravan I've been looking at says it weighs 850kgs. 85% of 1360 is 1156, so does this mean I should be okay pulling a 850kgs caravan? It's less than the 3500kgs limit for my licence right?
-
Well, from what I can gather online: it has a kerbweight of 1205kgs and a towing capacity of 1150kgs And I think the average weight of a small caravan is between 800 and 1000 kgs
-
That just sounds like you copied and pasted from the DirectGov site. I have my licence after 1997 (as my OP stated), and the towing vehicle will be an Astra. The carvan will be around 900kg (I believe, a little 2 berth van). Can I tow it on my licence or do I need to take a test?
-
The DirectGov site is just plain confusing, so can anybody clarify (fact, not guessing) whether I can tow a caravan? I passed my test in 2002 (so obviously after 1997 hehe), and I only have B, B1, f, k, p on my licence. Can I tow a caravan upto a certain weight already? Do I have to take a test? If I need to take a test, how much do they cost and what is required?
-
Pearson Active Maths , VLE downloads!
Hightower replied to anne1's topic in Virtual Learning Platforms
They come with install media, but simply tells you to log on and download the VLE packs - think they do this so they can update them if needs to. -
CC3 - Printing to wrong printers.
Hightower replied to profit10's topic in Network and Classroom Management
Sounds like possibly an IP address problem of some sort? Can you print to the printer when logged on to the server hosting the printer in question? -
Pearson Active Maths , VLE downloads!
Hightower replied to anne1's topic in Virtual Learning Platforms
I used DownloadThemAll add-on for Firefox, and then bulk uploaded them to the Moodle server. Took a little while adding each to a location within the course, but a lot quicker than downloading/sending to Moodle one by one. -
Won a place in a cup final yesterday, so today I'm a little rough - put in a days holiday so I will PM you both tomorrow instead now
-
I didn't want to post the phrase up - I wanted to see who could actually do the job first @tech_guy: I'll PM you but the phrase is at work so it'll be next week now. @Andrew_C: I can wait a week and I will PM you too next week.
-
Google translate is pretty close to what I have, which means mine is either correct or not too far wrong. Thing is, when I'm inking myself up with it it really needs to be right so would be chuffed if someone could help me.
-
See, the reason I posted up is because I know no latin, yet you are replying in latin! Anyhow, according to Google Translate it says that X-13 may help me - can you read/write latin then or was that a translate?
-
Can anybody here read Latin pretty fluently? Just want an acurate translation, not s Google/BabbleFish translation. Thanks,
-
Ah, it says it fails when non-admin tries it. I need it to do this for non-admin users.
-
Does that work for domain passwords? i.e. net user DOMAIN\User password
-
You mean the zune theme?
-
Anyone know how to load the change password screen from a run command? Instead of pressing control-alt-delete and clicking change password I was hoping there would be some kind of command like password.cpl that allows the user to change their password? Any ideas?
-
We have a couple of old Elonex's (the one's famous for turning into a flaming fireball) kicking about still. Other then that, our old machine would probably be server 2, which is about 7 years old now.
-
Wow, just wow! User Config -> Admin Templates -> Desktop -> Remove Recycle Bin icon from desktop that's the one that was causing the issue! Crazy!
-
I've started a new GPO for the students, with only the desktop wallpaper setting configured and it now works. Time to do one folder at a time I think and see what was causing it.
