-
Posts
5,005 -
Joined
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by Hightower
-
EDIT: Okay, I get what you were saying. But loving thy God, thy children or a job well done is not a sin. Loving thyself in an arrogant manor is a sin. Is All Pride a Mortal Sin? What if you are proud to be an American, a Canadian, or an Australian? What about parents and teachers who always tell children to take pride in their achievements? And employers who want workers to take pride in their work? Are they all wrong? What’s wrong with pride? Well, in the context above, nothing. Being proud of your country, your race, or your association with a group isn’t a sin, neither is being proud of a job well done or of reaching a goal. This kind of pride is experiencing joy in achievement or having gratitude for a sense of belonging. That’s okay; it’s not a sin. What Kind of Pride is Sinful? Sinful pride is an inordinate love of the self: super-confidence and distorted self-esteem that ignores one's shortcomings. Pride is a sin when it becomes arrogance, conceit and vanity. Sinful pride exaggerates one’s abilities and accomplishments and ignores one’s imperfections and failings.
-
Willing to take a secret offer for this?
-
And I'm catholic and proud
-
£20 for delivery! I was going to bid......
-
Yep, can agree with that
-
And a replacement remote costs ~£30 each (for the models we have here). That means a classroom has to lose a remote 4 times just for it to break even.
-
Go for it, just buy some decent sticks as already posted. Should only read from them on boot anyway, so not like they are gonna be hammered (unless you reboot 300 times a day!)
-
Apart from Rupert Murdoch's take-over of ALL things in the sky?
-
You could go 64-bit though for future-proofing I suppose. i.e. if you have 2GB RAM but may increase it in the future, or just simply to be ready for when everything is 64-bit and 32-bit has gone the way of the master system
-
Just out of interest, how much do these roughly cost per unit - there's no price guideline on their site
-
That's the only use I could possibly think for one. Definately don't see them being a benefit in a classroom.
-
The most users ever do with the projector is on/off/change source, so not exactly massive training required for those actions. It's usually self explanatory with buttons labelled 'source' and 'on/off' on the remote. Teachers here keep projectors locked in their drawer. They know that if they get lost/stolen the replacement will come out of their budget. Auto-off on modern projectors works fine. It's hygenic, until the teacher has to log onto the computer - the only way to do this is with a 'dirty' keyboard. I just think it's a problem that doesn't exist (at least here it doesn't), and when staff are taking pay-cuts/getting laid off/budgets are tight I personally think there's better things to spend money on. Install one of these in each classroom - Hygenic Projector Device - fraction of the cost, all the functionality
-
I've not had any dealings with the units, but just spent 5 minutes looking at their site and it has left me with one question...... "what's the point" To me, this is a solution for a problem that simply doesn't exist.
-
Many congratulations! Might have taken 5 years, but I bet you had fun trying right
-
Yup, Press F12 on Dell's to get Boot Priority. The USB keys flash, and so does the disc drive light when attempting to boot from that. I'm fed up, just gonna whip the HDD and put it in another machine.
-
I've already tried that. I could have sworn I put everything I tried into the original post, which included your suggestion....... oh wait, I did
-
These are detailed in the OP. Dell Diag shows everything working fine. Think I'm not even gonna bother with it any more - just gonna pull the HDD and put it in another laptop to run the rescue CD. Cheers
-
Got a Dell with some AV problems, so thought I'd run Kaspersky Rescue CD through it. When trying to boot from the CD however, it has a dashed line that flashes for a minute or two then continues to boot windows. Can't see any special options in the BIOS. Tried burning the rescue disc to CD, DVD, USB Pen, and all of which don't work. Tried discs/USB on another machine and boots straight up. Also tried external USB CD ROM and it doesnt boot either. Any ideas anyone?
-
But then the car isn't going 70mph is it? It's going 69, or 68, or 67, which is a different argument.
-
How to determine physical server age in the datacenter ?
Hightower replied to albertwt's topic in How do you do....it?
Could you not just cut the HDD in half and count the rings on the platter? -
I have to admit, I don't normally go with the flow on 'celebrities I fancy', but Ms Cole is certainly one that I would go with the flow with
-
Hands up if you wouldn't though
-
Not condoning it at all, but how is doing 80mph now any different to doing 80mph when the law may allow it in the future - apart from breaking the law etc, how is it any more disrespectful to other road users?
-
Brand new PSU fails PAT test worse than old PSU
Hightower replied to Darryl_Wilcox's topic in Hardware
EDIT: Just re-read post -
I mean that I do a speed that I'm comfortable with. Whether the speed limit increases, or doesn't increase, I've always done a speed I'm comfortable with and an increase in the speed limit isn't going to make me put another 10mph on top of my comfortable speed. I'm not going to tell you what my comfortable speed is though, which I know is what your digging for
