-
Posts
4,417 -
Joined
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by Haptic
-
I turn 30 at t'end of the month. I wasn't feeling old until I realised that: my main alcohol intake is now wine not lager. The festivals and gigs have been replaced with DIY and Kiddicare. I'm actually envious of teenagers to the point I wish they'd choke on their damn Dubstep. I'm meeting people in a professional capacity that were born in the early 90's (and think Thundercats is a new cartoon) I'm already rehearsing my tired old monologue about how TV's used to be black and white and how we used things called rotary telephones, and music was music with real instruments and junk. Oh and crow's feet, marvellous...where did they spring from? OK that's enough, im off for a can of Tab Clear and a packet of Sausage and Onion Walkers (in a see through bag) Joe
-
I turned 30 in March last year also - it wasn't as bad as first thought. It's just that now I have no excuse to act like a 20 something or at least that is what my other half keeps telling me! Chris
-
Had the pleasure of Lee Oakley @ Neos' company on more than one occasion. I can’t recommend him highly enough, top bloke backed by a great organisation Joe
-
RAM man, not only a newly acquired nickname (its rugby related!) but also highly relevant as I have the below going for a song: 6 x HP 2GB (1x2GB) Dual Rank x8 PC3-10600 (DDR3-1333) Unbuffered CAS-9 Memory Kit(500670-B21) (open box) 1 x HP 2GB (1x2GB) Dual Rank x8 PC3-10600 (DDR3-1333) Unbuffered CAS-9 Memory Kit(500670-B21) (sealed unit) PM or email me sensible offers- RRP £35 per stick Mark [email protected]
-
Don't be fooled, they're cleverly disguised Shurikens. We very nearly lopped a cleaning lady's ear smooth off with one. Joe
-
Nevermind, it's what you do with it that counts. Joe
-
Hi Quackers, With the private link it would depend on latency across the network- basically if you have a latency of higher than 100milliseconds between AP's and controller (regardless of physical location) you will have issues. As for data backhaul, it is a setting you can apply (if you also lick windows) but something I never really recommend, so no you won't have data being hauled back across the 100 meg connection to the ZD. I'll give you a call to discuss further. Thanks, Mark
-
If you go down the Dell route and opt for the high capacity batteries with the laptops, just ensure you get the revised dimensions. They tend to strut out slightly with the larger battery, which can then lead to problems with them fiitting into trolleys in that a trolley for 30 laptops as standard may only then fit 25 in. Hope it helps. Chris
-
Has anybody had any dealing with a company called Tandem?
Haptic replied to rush_tech's topic in Recommended Suppliers
No-one jumping on the back of this one? -
Patience dear boy, we know you're keen to get your freebie. There's still a few to go out, yours amongst them.
-
Pah, likewise...we didn't receive an app from you!
-
Several managed WiFi solutions offer this as part of the management console- Ruckus and Aerohive to name but a few, these also give the option for date/ day scheduling and for different SSID's to be on different timing schedules. Drop me a PM if you fancy finding out some more details. Thanks, Mark
-
Hi Sls, just dropped you a PM- always good to get out down the A6! Thanks
-
Go on then, because I feel your pain. Joe
-
Agreed. I'd also steer clear of the generic brand Mini GBIC modules for HP Switches as they have a nasty knack of popping. Joe
-
Have PM'd speckytecky Chris
-
Personally I would call/email very.co.uk and tell them that when it is delviered, yours is the only signature that means the good can be left due to teh mail being opened. I have heard too many horror stories of other people sigining for deliveries and then the goods disppearing. It is such a lengthy process to go through. I wouldn't be as worried about the the payment plan details being read as there won't be much anhyone could do with that without a definite trail being left. Hope it helps...............hope this wasn't an elabotate ploy to mention the "new macbook pro" either! Ha ha ha...a very jealous Chris
-
Good afternoon, The remaining prizes should all be with you this week.......please contain your excitement! @nephilim and @mac_shinobi could you PM your FULL postal address as we were sadly lacking this first time around. @teejay - Yours will be with you by Friday this week. Many Thanks. Chris
-
Myself, Joe and Mark are...... Chris
-
Have PM'd - hope it helps. Chris
-
Loving picture 34, any COD sniper supremos will remember Pripyat Joe
-
I've been studying Spanish for some time now, the Michel Thomas method is superb. I haven't tried la Francais, hopefully the male learner doesn't sound like CJ from Eggheads (as with the Spanish) The thought of his face makes me violent. Joe
-
....try the fish!
-
We are in until Friday..............exciting times! Guaranteed next day delivery on all of those last minute electronic items for all of your family & friends as well as any last minute school supplies. Ok, pitching over, and relax.......and roses out! Chris
