-
Posts
1,402 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by ADMaster
-
@marsdenprimary Do you use item level targeting and filter by security groups. I’ll need to start my own thread, but I thought I check before I did. My GPP printers with ITL to an OU work fine, the ones with an ITL to a security group don’t show up at all. Windows 7 works fine 8 does not. Thanks,
- 61 replies
-
- connection
- mapped drives
-
(and 3 more)
Tagged with:
-
If you end up recreating the shares, set them up under a domain level DFS. This will make them easier to move in the future, and not effect offline files.
-
There was a thread a few days ago... use PDQ Deploy.
- 13 replies
-
Hello, I know this does not answer the question... I use standard windows file sharing at home and just make sure I have an account with the same username and password on each PC. There is also a reg tweak to enable the admin $ shares as well. I have never used home groups either. Is there a reason standard shares won't work for your case, or did you just want to give home groups a go. Cheers
-
I'm late here but when our arts department had issues with movie maker, it was an offline files issue. I had offline files disabled by GPO for the entire school. Movie maker wanted offline files to be enabled. I don't recall now if this was WMM2011 or '12. This was back in Feb 2012 and they don't use it any more. Cheers
-
The ldap property in question from the user perspective is memberof from the group perspective it is members Turn on advanced view in ADUC and go to the attribute editor tab of an account. You can find the full DN there for easy copy and paste. I've never used the solar winds tool either, I use powershell. I've not seen your other thread yet, but; create a new security group create a fine grained password policy add the accounts to that group and they get the new password policy. I create a user group for each year. I then add the lower year groups to the password policy group. Keeps it neater that way, when the move up I just remove the year group and add the new Y0 group. Hope this helps
-
I had similar problems a few years ago. I’d log in to fix a computer, and then get another call that the user couldn’t log in. They did not know their own user name. I set the policy mentioned above. To solve the problem of using the account in another lab; Set the lab user account in AD to only log on to the workstations in that lab. I’ve done this for all of my generic accounts.
-
If you copy them to another drive will they work. Copying files to a non dedupe drive will remove the de dupe. If that works then when you put them back they will be excluded from de dupeing again
- 1 reply
-
- 1
-
-
New server infrastructure - not reporting to WSUS
ADMaster replied to RabbieBurns's topic in Windows Server 2012
Have you tried a gpupdate and gpresult to ensure the settings applied? -
I have ruckus talking to nps on 2012 r2 dc vm on a 2 node hyperv cluster. Check your certs and what does the event log say.
-
I know the recent changes Google made with ssl broke the youtube integration with my vle too.
-
Problems moving DHCP from 2008r2 to 2012r2
ADMaster replied to edutech4schools's topic in Windows Server 2012
Also don't forget to update the ip helper info on your router and wireless etc. -
Youtube for schools seams to be going down hill. I have the teachers create a playlist and direct the students to that.
-
Problems moving DHCP from 2008r2 to 2012r2
ADMaster replied to edutech4schools's topic in Windows Server 2012
You can just edit the properties of the scope via the dhcp MMC. If you have alot to change I use excel to concatenate the appropriate netsh commands, then copy and paste to elevated command prompt. -
I have an Epson rep coming soon to demo the new brightlink.
-
Disabling spelling, punctuation and grammar in Word etc.
ADMaster replied to Renfield-64's topic in Office Software
Do you have the office 2013 admx templates in your policy store? There should be options in there to control spell check. -
Hi all, Thanks for all the replies. I found a good deal on an Ibuypower gaming PC. it has 8GB ram and 2GB nvidia graphics. I tested the mod pack and it seemed to do fine. I just unboxed it today, still running updates, and installing software.
-
Something else to consider, will this site be connected to your main site over a wan link? If so look into read only domain controllers, branch cache, and you could presage your image content on bookable flash drive. Then you can manage everything from the main site.
-
Im not sure you want ad and sccm on the same box. I dont have links handy atm I'm on mobile. Your key services will be ad dns and dhcp. Have you considered virtual servers, hyperv?
-
Naming Policy for Security Groups & Distribution Groups
ADMaster replied to Qas's topic in Windows Server 2012
I have all the groups in an OU called groups. I give them all a concise meaningful name based on there function / who is in them. staff this is all staff elementary all staff at the elementary. students2015 this is all of the current seniors MS math this is the math team at the middle school. each building and each student year group has their own list. Then most departments and grade levels have their own group. -
Hi, Yes SRP will block directories, you can set a white list of windows, program files etc. These are usually default. Then if you have an odd program installed somewhere else you can add that directory to the list as well. Then you can whitelist on publisher, so some of those apps that update frequently that run from appdata will work. I call out gotomeeting and webex here. Then you need to add in the locations that you run scripts from like sysvol and netlogon. Apply the policy to a test account to get everything tweaked. If you have the enterprise version configure applocker, much more flexible then srp, but similar policies apply. You will need to define exe, and script rules separately though. Now if the user was not an admin you have stopped them from installing anything, however because they can write to program files, they can just run the installer from there. You will stop most users, but not the determined ones. Another idea is to run a chrome uninstall script at login, it won’t stop them from installing it, but they might get the hint. Get yourself a copy of pdq inventory, so you know what is out there on your network. Cheers,
-
I would format c: just like a work pc. That is sad they are my favorite brand.
-
Yes I forgot to mention the pack we like right now is the dns tech pack. I just checked on my system and I can increase the memory but I get a warning that it is not recommended. I set it to 8GB and java is only using 2.5GB. That is playing on a server, so single player might require more if I run a lot of machines. I'll setup some machines and give it a test. I can add a low end graphics card and 4GB for $100 to either of these, so that may be the way to go.
-
Thanks for the feedback so far. I was thinking 8GB minimum when I first started looking. However while searching for specs I come across many posts where people get better performance by not throwing all of the memory at Minecraft. I use the at launcher and don’t think it will let me give it more than 4GB, I’ll check tonight. But the OS needs memory to run too. I’ve not priced graphic cards yet. I’ll look for them and RAM upgrades this evening as well. Thanks,
-
Hello all, I’m looking to get a computer that will handle the minecraft mod packs for my son. I’m a bit unsure about some of the integrated graphics, but I don’t want to spend a ton either. Here are two of the machines I’m looking at what do you think? http://www.amazon.com/CybertronPC-DT2294A-Lazer-Desktop/dp/B00KMXUIHA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1425337190&sr=8-1&keywords=CybertronPC+Lazer+DT2294A+Desktop Lenovo H50-00 (90C1000AUS) Desktop PC Pentium J2900 (2.41GHz) 4GB DDR3 1TB HDD Windows 8.1 64-Bit - Newegg.com Thanks,
