Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

bknaggs

Members
  • Posts

    465
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by bknaggs

  1. The Adobe way is to slipstream the updates into the base package. I keep an admin install of the initial release and then when there is an msp released make a copy and then slipstream the update into it. This leaves you with an msi that can be deployed.
  2. Try looking at Settings | Phone | Calls on Other Devices and switch it off.
  3. Is it happening at the same time as a backup routine is running? Depending on the backup software in use brief network dropouts can occur at the same time as the snapshot is being removed.
  4. If you're registered for the Education Store you can download an offline installer and deploy without having to use the store app.
  5. I spoke to our reseller about some of our iPad Mini 2s that did the same thing and got nowhere. I'm not sure if that is because we haven't bought anything from them since this purchase and moved our business elsewhere or not.
  6. @Katy Sodexo? That setup sounds very similar to what we’ve got here.
  7. bknaggs

    PDQDeploy

    If it can be scripted it can be done. The paid version can have multiple steps for a single job but if each step can run from a batch file the free version works just as well.
  8. bknaggs

    PDQDeploy

    I use the free version and have done for a few years. This means I don’t have access to the package library so have to work out silent installs for each package I deploy. If you’re already using MDT you’ll already be familiar with working out silent installation commands. Adobe stuff I have found easier to uninstall first and then install a later version. Silent uninstalls are possible too.
  9. Our Librarian had this in Firefox but not in Chrome earlier in the week. I found that using the URL that Chrome redirected to in Firefox worked fine so I set that as a bookmark for them and advised if the link from with Reading Cloud doesn't work just click the bookmark. I've set Firefox up for the library so it doesn't cache anything so I know it definitely doesn't need the cache clearing.
  10. The Moodle docs page is what I followed. SSO for me only works if I go to https://our_moodle/auth/ldap/ntlmsso_attempt.php and I'm using a PC in the network range I've specified for SSO.
  11. I’ve done this recently on IIS. I’ll try and remember to have a look at the config in the morning.
  12. Subnet mask correct on the file server? I had a similar problem with one server being inaccessible to certain machines and it was that.
  13. Do you see anything if you hover over the taskbar icon?
  14. I found blocking imap access helped as well when we had a similar problem
  15. Do you have any deployment tools? Scheduled tasks can be installed using a batch file so could be deployed that way or set to run as a startup script.
  16. Have they typed out their password in TextEdit or something similar (not so anyone else can see) to make sure any special characters are displaying correctly. Mac keyboards are laid out slightly differently to how they are under Windows so they might be expecting a particular character to appear and something else is instead.
  17. We also found it’s putting PowerPoint into slideshow mode before switching on any screen connected with DisplayPort or HDMI that causes the connection to the screen to be lost when the slide show is closed. Duplicate display brings the picture back but if sound is sent over the same DisplayPort or HDMI cable it’s either unplug/replug or restart the PC to get sound back.
  18. I had a similar problem and had to disable IPv6 in the printer settings.
  19. The second paragraph under Cause makes it clear that the permissions don't update if a file/folder is moved.
  20. I'm pretty certain what you're seeing is by design NTFS behaviour.
  21. @petben I download the MSI when there is an update and deploy using GPO so it is installed on PC startup. There's a GPO setting Managed Bookmarks that allows you to push bookmarks out. What else would you want to manage regarding bookmarks?
  22. Ah right. Sorry can’t help as our Macs aren’t setup to share to each other.
  23. It sounds like it’s being processed as an NTFS move rather than an NTFS copy when it is going from the Mac to the server. If I’ve got time I’ll have a look at one of our Macs tomorrow and see what happens when copying from the Mac to a Windows file server.
  24. What happens if the files are opened directly from the server rather than being copied to the Mac first?
×
×
  • Create New...