Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

sigma

Members
  • Posts

    1,681
  • Joined

Everything posted by sigma

  1. I've been using Phoenix for years, and have always found them helpful. https://www.phoenixs.co.uk/
  2. For performance, I always add all the various vendor recommended scanning exclusions. At minimum I set up various reports and ensure defaults are changed to quarantine and not delete and that users can’t tamper.
  3. Yes, we use it. I don't think its harder per se, just different. I also look after the Trend Micro equivilant at a different school, and that is different again. They all have their pro's and cons.
  4. Many thanks, but it was the Microsoft issue that affected us. What was the cause of that?
  5. Did anyone get a proper explanation of what the problem was?
  6. OSmaps.com is loading again.
  7. Its an portal to primary school online curriculum activities. Versions used to be locally installed from CD's years ago.
  8. explore.osmaps.com loads at home but not school. Needed for DofE planning.. I've spent hours thinking it was a filtering problem....
  9. The text for buttons has been iffy for ages especially for the Excel Upload button. I'd been ignoring it.
  10. Yes. I grumbled to my manager about it this morning. I'm a homeworker on a slow line and if its fine for me directly from home, but not when I'm VPN'd to school and working from there, then I know there's a problem. I've been having problems getting cloud Excel to load on and off since yesterday.
  11. Quite. You might find this a useful checklist for SSL inspection exclusions (ignore that VMware have compiled it). : https://docs.vmware.com/en/VMware-Cloud-Web-Security/5.0/VMware-Cloud-Web-Security-Configuration-Guide/GUID-23A23EE9-40E0-4F24-99AC-9D59A4E1C0F5.html#domains-and-cidrs-where-an-ssl-inspection-bypass-rule-is-recommended-0
  12. We’re nearly set to go full inspection, just with one year group to start with. Very interested in your experience. Are you using SBB’s shared lists or have you written your own?
  13. Yes, from about 13:00 also. Its been glitchy. We tried to contact SBB by phone but only get an engaged tone.
  14. If you have Stocks and Shares in an ISA the dividends are tax free and there is no Capital Gains Tax to play when you sell them.
  15. In the unlikely event the student does turn their camera on, make sure that they know how to select backgrounds to prevent uninvited others from peering into their home. Maybe offer a headset with microphone so that their leaning at home has some privacy from their family much as it would at school? (They might have to participate from a shared family space or shared bedroom).
  16. We've been OK today. I note there's nothing to indicate any problems in the Status Portal...
  17. How many pupils have the critical thinking skills for this?
  18. We don't have a 6th form, so blocked.
  19. I presume you and Smoothwall have checked that you have QUIC protocol disabled? https://kb.smoothwall.com/hc/en-us/articles/360002136884-Setting-up-QUIC-to-Ensure-That-Web-Traffic-Is-Filtered
  20. sigma

    KB5034441

    A longer more detailed post: https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/microsoft/windows-10-kb5034441-security-update-fails-with-0x80070643-errors/
  21. sigma

    KB5034441

    Microsoft offer a script to resize the RE partition: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/kb5025175-updating-the-winre-partition-on-deployed-devices-to-address-security-vulnerabilities-in-cve-2022-41099-ba6621fa-5a9f-48f1-9ca3-e13eb56fb589 Since KB5034441 isn't even offered in WSUS, it could be presumed safe to ignore?
  22. Other providers have issues too. I have reported “hundreds” of web proxies to Net******* and I don’t understand why they are not categorised correctly when the there are only about 10 different versions of identical content between them.
  23. Assuming you mean: https://poki.com/en/g/bumper-cars-soccer Blocking poki.io seems to stop the game from loading. I would block poki-gdn.com as well. These would stop the poki games from loading where they are front ended on other sites too. Scan result : https://urlscan.io/result/96d21310-d1aa-4593-b09f-d5373994015f/
  24. Is that the right url as both me and urlscan.io get an ERROR Sorry, the page you requested does not exist on this site. Play a surprise game
  25. I’m having problems running Smoothwall reports via a Portal on an LEA multi-tennant device, but I had kind of assumed it was the LEA that had caused a problem since they: Responded to somebody else on MY support ticket without cc’ing me. Reset the password without telling me. (Compete security fail as they only issue one account per school). Send out “safeguarding alerts” with no details whatsoever because you are supposed go to the Portal to run reports that in our case don’t work and never return anything. Rant over.
×
×
  • Create New...