-
Posts
2,232 -
Joined
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by Primus
-
Staff accessing pupil home folders - cloud migration
Primus replied to HereIGoAgain2601's topic in How do you do....it?
Are there any instructions for it? -
Our email made it clear only Windows laptops were available and we didn't get the emails until late yesterday, we must be down the pecking order!
-
Booooo we got an email but ours said only Windows laptops (booooooo) and only Dells with eMMC storage I know beggers can't be choosers!
-
That's absolute nonsense.
-
Those of you using a proper cert do you still find iOS devices prompt you to trust the certificate on the very first connection?
-
This Reddit thread which links to others: https://old.reddit.com/r/networking/comments/lbdafp/8021x_ise_android_11_problem/ I've tried deploying the cert from our Smoothwall which is handling the auth and although it seems to be the same as the one presented when a device tries to authenticate it doesn't like it.
-
Yeah I think that's for now - if it's part of WPA3 it's coming to everything I'd say, eventually.
-
I'm doing some testing now with the cert.
-
Hi all, I've seen a fair bit of chat online about the changes Google has pushed out to some handsets already with Android 11 that impacts on RADIUS. It disables the ability to select "Do not validate", preventing users from joining RADIUS authenticated networks using private PKIs. The changes relate to WPA3 so I think this will eventually impact all devices and I'm looking to get ahead of the game. Has anyone implemented a solution for this? From what I can see there are 2 real options: 1. Purchase a proper certificate - I've seen many people online say this is a bad idea since it's misusing the certs and they could be revoked without notice and it also introduces a small chance of a MITM attack. 2. Host the certificate generated by our PKI somewhere publically available and have users download it and trust it prior to trying to connect to the WiFi Any thoughts or solutions gratefully received!
-
I'm not trying to be unkind but I don't think you understand how SPF, DKIM, DMARC etc works. At least they've replied now.
-
They're settings that govern whether others can receive your emails rather than you receiving emails from them. If they're misconfigured or not configured at all this may have led to Arbor not receiving your emails as they use Google Workspace and the spam filtering is very effective! Office 365 doesn't automatically set these up for you, you have to do them yourself in DNS. They're easily checked and if you wanted to PM you could email me as I use Google Workspace and I could tell you if I receive your emails/help you check your email records.
-
Are you sure they've got your emails - have you got SPF, DKIM, DMARC etc setup correctly? It does sound very odd, our experience with Arbor is very much the opposite.
-
Is that WD Blue 5400rpm SAS? Just a quick google points to IBM 9RZ268-039 1TB being SAS but all the WD Blues I've seen have been SATA. If it is SAS I'd really not want to put a drive in now and swap it again, the rebuilding of the array is very intensive on the disks, you want to rebuild arrays as few times as possible otherwise other drives might die.
-
Single Sign On for Chrome and Google Workspace apps is the major advantage here.
-
The CMA isn't part of the DfE, it's a non-ministerial government department.
-
Could you share that script please?
-
DfE Connecting the Classroom project funding
Primus replied to password1234's topic in Wireless Networks
If you're paying for it yourself you will likely find the DfE specs expensive and restrictive. In all honesty you'd be better posting on here with a new thread, giving details of exactly what you need and I'm sure members will make suggestions on brand and suppliers. -
That link is regarding the free version of Windows Server called Windows Hyper-V Server - the last release of it was 2019.
-
Across our MAT we've used both, Salamander were much better in our experience - nothing is too much trouble.
-
Salamander is ace, best thing we've ever bought!
-
Coronavirus: General discussion (see opening post for rules)
Primus replied to Dos_Box's topic in General Chat
Mike that's awful, I hope things are much better now. -
We're all done, as a MAT we're all migrated to Arbor, we kicked off the process before the SIMS renewal information hit and we're relatively small (3 secondary, 2 primary) but it was quite straightforward, even with migrating schools from 3 different existing MIS.
-
It would be interesting to know more about what went into this decision, my initial reaction was the same as Paul's and my more measured response is to wonder if falling in line with other schools is the right thing to prioritise when selecting an online learning platform. As I've previously mentioned, across our trust we use both O365 and Google, at some point we will need to standardise I'm sure but I can say that from looking at both, Google is easier for end users, easier for administration and it feels like a product properly aimed at both business and education. Whereas Microsoft seem to be trying to take solutions which might be good for business and crowbar them into education - I really feel sorry for primary schools trying to use Teams, IMHO it's just way too complicated - to be perfectly honest I don't think many secondary teachers or students fully understand Teams. I'd like to think through using and administrating both I can be reasonably fair when judging both products, I'm definitely not a Google fanboy as my many, many Apple products will prove Finally, you could simply continue using your Chromebooks with O365 - we use Chromebooks at one of our secondaries that use O365 and it works fine, students log in with O365 creds and use the online apps. I think any comparable Windows offering will be either poorer performing or more expensive than a Chromebook and have more things that can go wrong with it - if we needed to manage the same number of Windows devices as we do Chrome devices we'd probably need an awful lot more staff!
-
Filtering at home on managed Chromebooks
Primus replied to tmoon-mint's topic in Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall
It's included in the price of your Smoothwall subscription and uses the same filtering rules as on prem or you can customise them for offsite.
