Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Primus

Members
  • Posts

    2,232
  • Joined

Everything posted by Primus

  1. It's straightforward but if they're virtualised you could always snapshot before to allow you roll back if something goes wrong.
  2. Yup - and these are not exactly power users, it's really quite amazing! And yes that change to move to local storage for screenshots etc is barking mad, Google have completely lost the plot with that one.
  3. Google are on something of a roll at the moment with missteps relating to education. The criticism is fair, Google, at the moment, are messing up regularly with their education products.
  4. I've news on that front - we're seeing user-assigned devices with the issue too! We also don't use the Play Store or any apps and only a very small number of extensions.
  5. Server 2022 is available but changes how things like LAG LACP connections work so it's not as simple as moving to 2019 if you're using that.
  6. Careful - we have hundreds of Chromebooks and our task queue in the admin console got full and stayed full for months.
  7. The criticism is because once again they've made changes without thinking of the consequences. Stuff is just not joined up right now with Google.
  8. No you can black out sections entirely from recording and viewing - eg. you could black out your neighbour's garden but have the camera record your own.
  9. You used to be able to, Google in their infinite wisdom removed this ability.
  10. Yup if a DC goes wrong then you'll not want to restore it. I'd be getting rid of that Exchange server all together.
  11. We've inplace upgraded with SQL, absolutely fine no issues at all. Inplace upgrade is far better now than it used to be!
  12. Inplace upgrade them. If they're VMs then snapshot them first - anything bad happens and you can easily roll back.
  13. Sounds like a great opportunity - "Sorry HT I can't get through to them at all, but these providers all have a modern cloud-based MIS and we could switch to them and save money..."
  14. Aspire are excellent, we've used them for years. They're local to us too.
  15. I'm in the middle of migrating the MIS for all of the schools in our MAT. I wouldn't describe the process as painful.
  16. It seems fine to me, but then they've all been fine for us, we've never had the issues others have - I wonder if it is because we also use UniFi switching at the edge.
  17. They're still working on it - have you logged a ticket with them? If so PM me the number and I'll pass it on to the team investigating.
  18. One aspect Google were looking at was whether NetSupport was filling profiles with lots of screenshots due to Google also changing the redirection of screenshots.
  19. I've found having lots forced install slows log in down. I don't suppose you're pushing the NetSupport School extension are you? Could you PM me your case ref number and I'll forward it to someone at Google who's looking into this.
  20. Please log it with Google support - numerous schools seeing the same issue but they're having difficulty tracking down the issue. What extensions are you pushing out?
  21. Depending on the devices you're using you can use Group Policy and the Google Admin console (assuming the Chromebooks are managed). I know this wouldn't work on BYOD etc but it might do what you want quicker and easier?
  22. We've had it too - it was sent to our enquiries email twice, the first got through to the inbox, the second was caught by Google's spam filter.
  23. SIMS is awful, time to bite the bullet.
×
×
  • Create New...