-
Posts
5,017 -
Joined
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by powdarrmonkey
-
It contributes to your reputation, shown on the left, to make it easy to identify members that have made the most useful posts in the past. The definition of 'thanks' is loose though, it also gets used for funny, witty, complimentary etc. posts.
-
Nah, I still say old dog. Actually your profile says 14. But, y'know.
-
All three.
-
What's the gender ratio in your department?
powdarrmonkey replied to powdarrmonkey's topic in General Chat
No idea, but it would be me if teaching staff were included.. technical only, we're 2:1 in male favour. -
umm... http://www.edugeek.net/forums/general-chat/48767-anonymously-what-gender-you.html ? (this is why I asked for a sticky... )
-
Nope. Not letting you sit on the fence again
-
What's the gender ratio in your department?
powdarrmonkey replied to powdarrmonkey's topic in General Chat
Oh, I meant to say: closest approximation applies edit: ohhh, why did I even think this was going to be simple? -
Can a mod sticky this please? or it will be much (read: even) less representational (hence the time limit) Ty.
-
What's the ratio of men:women in your department? Mainly of interest are technical departments, i.e. network management as oppose to teaching.
-
I'm solely interested in the proportion of men and women here (provoked by another thread). 30-day limit. And yes, the poll is in alphabetical order, for the avoidance of bias.
-
I will. Being a social pariah is no worry for a monkey.
-
that is awesome... my Dad is now lost in retro minesweeper
-
and your problem with that is...? Oh, wait, jealousy.
-
I also recommend Draytek equipment: it's a little more expensive in my experience, but it's certainly worth it.
-
[pics] Mitch Haile has more monitors and a cooler office than you
powdarrmonkey replied to pete's topic in Jokes/Interweb Things
*drool* I asked my boss if I could have a desk like that. He said rude words resembling 'no'. -
[closed] misc: Visitor Message Spam
powdarrmonkey replied to RabbieBurns's topic in EduGeek.net Site Problems
I did. Just report it. -
You could simplify the test a bit: #!/bin/bash # Script to check if the VM is up and if not, start it. # Check for 2008R2 Virtual Machine ping -c 1 192.168.2.30 > /dev/null || (echo "Virtual Machine is down, starting VM"; VBoxHeadless -startvm 2008R2 & ) edit:I stole your signature test for my own, nice idea!
-
New Edugeek Users - Introduce yourself here :)
powdarrmonkey replied to tarquel's topic in General Chat
.- 4,290 replies
-
- assistance
- background
-
(and 2 more)
Tagged with:
-
New Edugeek Users - Introduce yourself here :)
powdarrmonkey replied to tarquel's topic in General Chat
It's ok. Everyone ignores the monkey.- 4,290 replies
-
- assistance
- background
-
(and 2 more)
Tagged with:
-
New Edugeek Users - Introduce yourself here :)
powdarrmonkey replied to tarquel's topic in General Chat
They're too wrapped up in each other to notice little old me The EduGeek match-making service... has a nice ring to it...- 4,290 replies
-
- assistance
- background
-
(and 2 more)
Tagged with:
-
New Edugeek Users - Introduce yourself here :)
powdarrmonkey replied to tarquel's topic in General Chat
Told- 4,290 replies
-
- 1
-
-
- assistance
- background
-
(and 2 more)
Tagged with:
-
New Edugeek Users - Introduce yourself here :)
powdarrmonkey replied to tarquel's topic in General Chat
Sells stuff and chats up anyone with a profile photo Although I notice you've never tried to pull my monkey drawing... how rude. I'll go somewhere else now- 4,290 replies
-
- assistance
- background
-
(and 2 more)
Tagged with:
-
New Edugeek Users - Introduce yourself here :)
powdarrmonkey replied to tarquel's topic in General Chat
I *really* hope you meant 'here'....- 4,290 replies
-
- 1
-
-
- assistance
- background
-
(and 2 more)
Tagged with:
-
New Edugeek Users - Introduce yourself here :)
powdarrmonkey replied to tarquel's topic in General Chat
now now, play nicely...! Anyway, James hasn't been letting the grass grow: EduGeek.net Forums - View Profile: Danielle- 4,290 replies
-
- assistance
- background
-
(and 2 more)
Tagged with:
-
Sorry, I should have been more explicit: removing the faceplate to test the line with the engineer's socket is generally accepted, but tampering is not. The article linked advocates re-wiring it, which is (probably) illegal, and certainly will result in a bill from BT if they ever find out.
