-
Posts
5,017 -
Joined
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by powdarrmonkey
-
I don't have the exact figures to hand, but I think we decided high volumes of black and white were a whole magnitude of cost cheaper on a photocopier.
-
No, I don't believe so. They'll replicate all across the domain in case you log in to a machine elsewhere geographically but attached to the same domain.
-
Ultra short throw projector recommendations?
powdarrmonkey replied to gshaw's topic in AV and Multimedia Related
We also favour the Hitachi A100. -
IME, as long as you both agree where the boundaries lie, they will respect you much more for making the time for them and trusting them not to use their new-found secrets against you. After all, if you deflect them you stand a good chance of them just breaking in out of curiosity anyway.
-
[pics] Look what you have done to my car !!
powdarrmonkey replied to mattx's topic in Jokes/Interweb Things
I hope you're ashamed! -
[pics] Look what you have done to my car !!
powdarrmonkey replied to mattx's topic in Jokes/Interweb Things
Thanks for the gore warning.... -
Translation: put it there and we'll do what we like with it, unless you delete (but if you shared it with someone else first, tough). (my emphasis.)
-
Roaming Profiles going screwy
powdarrmonkey replied to solitaire89's topic in Windows Server 2000/2003
No, change \\server\sharename\username\ntuser.dat to \\server\sharename\username\ntuser.man. -
If the power in that room is any good and the laptops are a bit more spread out, you could try these or similar.
-
Roaming Profiles going screwy
powdarrmonkey replied to solitaire89's topic in Windows Server 2000/2003
Mandatory profiles solve so many problems. -
Roaming Profiles going screwy
powdarrmonkey replied to solitaire89's topic in Windows Server 2000/2003
The ntuser.dat and ntuser.log files are the user part ('hive') of the registry, and they're delivered with the profile. They form the HKEY_CURRENT_USER part, whereas system.dat and friends from the workstation's Windows folder form the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE part. If that's what they meant by database, they explained it very poorly indeed; they shouldn't get merged though, that is really screwy. -
Roaming Profiles going screwy
powdarrmonkey replied to solitaire89's topic in Windows Server 2000/2003
This is all lies (sorry to be blunt, but fobbing customers off is one thing I cannot abide). -
First seen.... I don't remember. Ages ago.
-
classroom faceplate vga terminology
powdarrmonkey replied to sandeep2504's topic in AV and Multimedia Related
They vary wildly, check the description carefully. -
classroom faceplate vga terminology
powdarrmonkey replied to sandeep2504's topic in AV and Multimedia Related
vga faceplate - Google Search -
Oh, this is also one that's got me before: when you're done, change any passwords you've set to random values, and formally issue them to the client along with confirmation of any that they gave you, and make sure they know you have destroyed all records of them. This serves two purposes: you can't be accused of changing things after the event (for example, when there's a Joomla security notice in a year's time and the site is vandalised as a result), and when you're asked to make changes you do can't anyway.
-
Hence, 'blueprints'.
-
I also suggest you make sure both parties are absolutely clear on what's going to be done, and have it set down in writing. I've spoken to many, many people who were taken for a ride by companies or individuals who expected a lot and bullied them into delivering it (the guilt factor, "you said you would but you haven't" is a classic).
-
"Your honour, you should let me off because him over there, he mugged someone with a gun and I only used a knife." Yes, a ridiculous analogy, but that's what you're saying. And since I've made my point, I'm done here.
-
If you mean laws enforced in a court, of course not; if you mean rules, they are part of the standard. When you claim to adhere to the standard, you are asserting that you followed the rules in it, otherwise standards are useless. No, he's talking about a general attitude of "I got close, that's good enough", whereas you are pursuing argumentum ad ridiculum.
-
Why wouldn't they ask Wikipedia in the first place? Every kid I know does this already...
-
whut? .
-
I still won't trust it. Only when I can see the source and I can run it on my own server will our data even get near it. edit: Hmm, I see the source to elgg itself is open. I might set it up...
-
Note: if you don't have Windows 7 Professional, Ultimate or Enterprise you need a separate XP license to do this. If you do have an eligible version, you still need a separate license to do it this way; the only way you are automatically licensed is through the Microsoft way.
-
Why would you use a HTML redirect when you have a scripting language available and can send a 301 Moved Permanently, which the client is expected to cache for next time?
