-
Posts
1,718 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by Quackers
-
We do not limit any users as such, we give all teachers and staff unlimited quota. If we then (like i did yesterday) find 800meg of MP3's in 1 students account i manually add a one of quota to them and delete the MP3's. Staff i just ask them nicely to remove anything they do not need. With storage being so cheap now i do not see the need to force quota's on everyone, just those that take the piss.
-
http://www.codeplex.com/Wiki/View.aspx?ProjectName=SLK link is on the right hand side at the top. I'm going for moodle, i was not that happy with it after playing with it a bit more. Moodle seems more feature rich.
-
We have a promo video for the school now, and SMT want it on the website. Its 10 minutes long and they want it in a nice box on screen. I've seen some sites have there video as a flash file, any free converters?? or any other ideas other than using flash? I'm not keen on using realplayer or quicktime.
-
I've downloaded it and got it running. I'm in too minds now, its defo better than just sharepoint.
-
Anybody seen it yet? Its coming out in 2007, its the replacement for class server by the looks of it, but more beefed up. We were going to use Moodle, but i think i'll hold off. The part i like is you can import all your old Class Server assignments, which i think look much better than moodle quiz's.
-
I've got this feature installed and turned on, it's detecting the spam, but not doing actions. I've tried, delete and move to junk mail, as the action setting on exchange 2003 but all that happens is they still go to the inbox with {spam?} added to the subject line. Why is it being lazy?
-
Thanks kingswood, it helped, its in config.php in the same folder. You pointed me in the right direction.
-
When i first installed moodle it asked for the url path that we would be mostly accessing the server from, which at the time i just put in the servers name so "http://jupiter " Problem is when you access the site offsite via the internet its missing loads of graphics because its trying to access "http://jupiter. " My question is where the hell is the option to modify this setting? As it was set in the inital setup, i cannot find it anywhere in the admin options.
-
I've been given the money to buy laptops and a trolly. Any recommendations on the trollys? They confuse me. Do they just come as an empty shell for you to sit for hours wiring the mains adaptors in ? Any good places to buy from? The trolly needs to hold 30 laptops.
-
I recommend you get the newer version, Ejay for schools network edition. Works a bit better than the old version. Does not need the cd to run either! you can just install in to a shared network drive and create a shortcut to the exe.
-
Grrrr, i spent ages in contact with microsoft with this glitch when SP2 first came out. In the end i just got rid of roaming profiles and used a mandatory one with the redirection hard coded into the profile.
-
I think the problem is your have a virus on your network called RM Connect. Remove it and printers might allocate correctly Sorry, could not resist.
-
We've just changed all our colour printers in the School to HP K550N Printers due to there speed, full A4 Photo out in 5 seconds, built in print server and the cost, 3p a colour page it keeps working out at (consumables devided by pages). Much cheaper, faster and better prints than our colour laser printers. Were very happy.
-
Switch off the servers? E-Mail?!? how can the mail server recieve if there is no power? how would i look at my mail from home, staff remotely working in Sims (such as head), website with parients wanting to view for questions.....
-
At the minimum there should be a trust in my opinion. One domain is the better solution. How are staff suppost to communicate and share easy if they are seperated. I would have staff unable to put documents in the Admin shared area, and other staff unable to put documents in the curriculum staff area. The LEA still want 2 domains so a 2 way trust is in place, so i just joined the admin machines to the curriculum network and now people care share easy.
-
Thanks webman, deleted what you said and it works now I've stopped smashing things in my office now.
-
I'm being really thick here (HTML and Web stuff is not my speciality) but are HTML tags just anything in between and ? So should i be modifying the menu or the default.asp?
-
http://www.chesterton-high.net/new/default.asp is the "merged" page. http://www.chesterton-high.net/new/menu.htm is the menu page by its self. http://www.chesterton-high.net/new/defaultown.asp is identical to default.asp but without the first few lines of code out telling it to load menu.htm If you load menu.htm or defaultown.asp they load as i want. Load the "merged" copy and some of the menu fonts go bigger and stuff. I'm only playing with it at the moment, but i'm not going any further content wise until i can stop it changing the font!
-
Does this ASP thing make a meal out of style sheets? I have my menu.htm and my default.asp. Load either one (both have the same style sheet in use) and it looks as it should correct font sizes. Merge them using the ASP thing and certain fonts go bold or bigger text. I do not understand why, as they are both using the same .css file! I've tried just have the menu.htm with a style sheet, just default.asp with a style sheet. Nothing seems to fix it. As soon as i pop this code in the default.asp both pages are in the right position, just not the right font sizes!
-
Got it working now thanks, now i can spend the rest of the day locked in my office with dreamweaver.
-
So lets say i'm using IIS6. All the menu stuff save as .txt instead of a .htm file, then at the start of every web page i make put include_once("path/to/menu.txt"); ?> and save as .php instead of .htm? Simple as that? I do not have to turn some settings on IIS on to allow PHP or somthing?
-
I've found some nice navigation menu's, but the problem i cannot get my head around is how do have the menu on everypage? Its a horazontal menu, so first i thought how about a frame,so the top of the page does not change. Then a problem comes that when the menu expands its covered up by the other frame. I cannot put the code in the body of everypage as when i update a link on the menu i would have to change it on every page on the whole site. How should i go about it?
-
You are joking? 8O We've had Aircon in the server room for 6 years now, and got aircon in 3 of the 8 IT suites this year and were only a 500 pupil high school
-
If your users are waiting an eternity for group policys to apply there is either something very wrong, or badly designed. The only place i use loopback on PC's is the staff laptops. I have 1 OU for the workstations with an ALL Workstations Policy., then a sub OU for each IT Suite. Then 1 group policy for each IT Suite to do unique to that room things. Same for Users.
