Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

siuko

Members
  • Posts

    787
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by siuko

  1. Opened for me in Powerpoint 2010. We have been having quite random issues today with some PPTX and PUB files crashing on opening. We are still looking into this - but it is looking very like a recent windows update that fixed a font security issue is causing it. The Network Manager here added another new windows update today that 'might' have fixed it (he's gone home now for the weekend so sorry I cannot provide kb numbers etc) All I can say is we had about 27 updates wednesday to install (and this update that seems to fix it is a new one today) Sorry if its a little vague - as we haven't had chance to fully verify the fix yet
  2. I always follow this rule as well - it all depends on the game I'm playing at the time. If it isn't as smooth as I'd like it then I research if an upgrade will help and buy it if I can afford it
  3. Meru here - was setup by the company who kitted out our new building - but so far its been good
  4. I would have paid £3-4 a month to have no ads on youtube (whilst also supporting the channels I like). But I'm not interested in any way to paying $9.99 for some music streaming service!
  5. Wow! That is amazing
  6. Watched Tomorrowland on Bluray yesterday I quite enjoyed it even though it seems to be getting slated in reviews a bit It was a little cheesy in places but overall it was a nice film (just hope I get to have a pin! )
  7. When you install Lansweeper it is a trail version but will revert to the free version - it does have limitations - but just for scanning computers we have found it useful Read this > Freeware and trial limitations
  8. I switched from Spiceworks to lansweeper free version It isn't as feature rich - but just for inventory of the network its perfect
  9. What are your excel macro security settings at? Trying lowering them to medium if they are higher - it will then ask for confirmation when opening files with macros in
  10. Yes this is possible - well it must be because that is what finance have been doing for quite a while.
  11. We have to buy multiple copies of the same book. If you require it on 60 kindles - buy 10 copies and send each copy to 6 kindles. (It is a bit of a headache - especially considering the american Amazon has a way to administrate this much easier.) Our internet isn't an RBC as far as I understand - its a local authority based connection (we did use to be with EMBC but moved away years ago). As to JaNet access - I haven't got a clue.
  12. We have 310 kindles at our school. We have them all on one account so the finance staff can add books to them. Most books can be sent to upto 6 kindles at one time (certain books may state a higher or lower number). It is also possible to remove a book from a kindle and reallocate to another kindle. This was all checked with amazon. The two biggest issues we had were 1) Due to the way our internet works we had to get a separate adsl line for the kindle to connect to unfiltered (we lock down the browser etc on the kindles using parental locking) 2) Initially the Manage my kindle page for the account had some issue with handling 310 kindles on it! They have updated this page since then and it seems to work ok.
  13. Can recommend these ones! We have about 60 of them in our school
  14. siuko

    Gaming Chat

    Last Game bought : Grav - Early Access SciFi Sandbox game - quite enjoyed playing it and looking forward to updates Last game completed: Portal 2 - (I've complted it twice now just becuase I enjoy the story)
  15. There are newer chrome ADM templates that have the safe search and safe mode split. We have them installed but they still do not seem to do what they are supposed to. It is as if they have updated the chrome browser but the chrome adm templates do not match the settings.
  16. You can either buy directly from google themselves (which I haven't done personally) Or If your chromebook supplier is a google partner they should be able to sell them to you. (I don't think there are many google partners)
  17. Hi, I am trying to create a php webpage from the Sims report csv output. Initially I was thinking of using python to clean up my data for easier import into mysql. Below is an example of the content I can get out of Sims. "Adno","Forename","Surname","Year","Class","Room","Period" "033514","Joe","Bloggs","Year 10","10A/Gw1","S21","2Th:1" "033514","Joe","Bloggs","Year 10","10A/Gw1","S21","2F:5" "033514","Joe","Bloggs","Year 10","10A/Gw1","S27","1M:1" "033514","Joe","Bloggs","Year 10","10A/Gw1","S27","1F:5" "033514","Joe","Bloggs","Year 10","10A/Gw1","S27","2M:1" "033514","Joe","Bloggs","Year 10","10B/Fr1","N13","2W:2" "033514","Joe","Bloggs","Year 10","10B/Fr1","N13","1Th:1" "033514","Joe","Bloggs","Year 10","10B/Fr1","N14","1M:2" "033514","Joe","Bloggs","Year 10","10B/Fr1","N14","1W:2" "033514","Joe","Bloggs","Year 10","10B/Fr1","N14","2M:2" "033514","Joe","Bloggs","Year 10","10C/Bs1","1MS","1T:1" "033514","Joe","Bloggs","Year 10","10C/Bs1","1MS","1T:2" "033514","Joe","Bloggs","Year 10","10C/Bs1","1MS","2T:1" "033514","Joe","Bloggs","Year 10","10C/Bs1","1MS","2T:2" "033514","Joe","Bloggs","Year 10","10D/Dr1","DRA","1W:1" "033514","Joe","Bloggs","Year 10","10D/Dr1","DRA","1Th:2" "033514","Joe","Bloggs","Year 10","10D/Dr1","DRA","2W:1" "033514","Joe","Bloggs","Year 10","10D/Dr1","DRA","2Th:2" "033514","Joe","Bloggs","Year 10","10Y1/En","N13","2M:4" "033514","Joe","Bloggs","Year 10","10Y1/En","S11","1W:4" "033514","Joe","Bloggs","Year 10","10Y1/En","S11","1W:5" "033514","Joe","Bloggs","Year 10","10Y1/En","S11","1Th:3" "033514","Joe","Bloggs","Year 10","10Y1/En","S11","2W:4" "033514","Joe","Bloggs","Year 10","10Y1/En","S11","2W:5" "033514","Joe","Bloggs","Year 10","10Y1/En","S11","2Th:3" "033514","Joe","Bloggs","Year 10","10Y1/En","S12","1M:5" "033514","Joe","Bloggs","Year 10","10Y1/Ma","N22","1M:4" "033514","Joe","Bloggs","Year 10","10Y1/Ma","N22","1T:5" "033514","Joe","Bloggs","Year 10","10Y1/Ma","N22","1F:1" "033514","Joe","Bloggs","Year 10","10Y1/Ma","N22","1F:2" "033514","Joe","Bloggs","Year 10","10Y1/Ma","N22","2T:5" "033514","Joe","Bloggs","Year 10","10Y1/Ma","N22","2F:1" "033514","Joe","Bloggs","Year 10","10Y1/Ma","N22","2F:2" "033514","Joe","Bloggs","Year 10","10YMIX2/Pe","NC","1F:3" "033514","Joe","Bloggs","Year 10","10YMIX2/Pe","NC","2F:3" "033514","Joe","Bloggs","Year 10","10YMIX2/Pe","NC","1W:3" "033514","Joe","Bloggs","Year 10","10YMIX2/Pe","NC","2W:3" "033514","Joe","Bloggs","Year 10","10YT1/Gw","N28","1Th:4" "033514","Joe","Bloggs","Year 10","10YT1/Gw","S21","1T:3" "033514","Joe","Bloggs","Year 10","10YT1/Gw","S21","1F:4" "033514","Joe","Bloggs","Year 10","10YT1/Gw","S21","2M:3" "033514","Joe","Bloggs","Year 10","10YT1/Gw","S21","2T:3" "033514","Joe","Bloggs","Year 10","10YT1/Gw","S21","2F:4" "033514","Joe","Bloggs","Year 10","10YT1/Gw","S27","1M:3" "033514","Joe","Bloggs","Year 10","10YT1/Gw","S27","1Th:5" "033514","Joe","Bloggs","Year 10","10YT1/Gw","S28","2Th:4" "033514","Joe","Bloggs","Year 10","10YT1/Gw","S28","2Th:5" "033514","Joe","Bloggs","Year 10","10YT1/Pc","N26","1T:4" "033514","Joe","Bloggs","Year 10","10YT1/Pc","N26","2T:4" "033514","Joe","Bloggs","Year 10","CLS D1", , "033514","Joe","Bloggs","Year 10","HCL Dovedale", , "034143","Tim","Another","Year 8","8B/Da","DAN","1W:4" "034143","Tim","Another","Year 8","8B/Da","DAN","2W:4" "034143","Tim","Another","Year 8","8B/Dr","DRA","1F:5" "034143","Tim","Another","Year 8","8B/Dr","DRA","2F:5" "034143","Tim","Another","Year 8","8B/En","S13","1M:1" "034143","Tim","Another","Year 8","8B/En","S13","1Th:4" "034143","Tim","Another","Year 8","8B/En","S13","1F:1" "034143","Tim","Another","Year 8","8B/En","S13","2M:1" "034143","Tim","Another","Year 8","8B/En","S13","2W:2" "034143","Tim","Another","Year 8","8B/En","S13","2F:1" "034143","Tim","Another","Year 8","8B/Gg","N14","1F:2" "034143","Tim","Another","Year 8","8B/Gg","N14","2F:2" "034143","Tim","Another","Year 8","8B/Hi","N01","1Th:5" "034143","Tim","Another","Year 8","8B/Hi","N01","2Th:5" "034143","Tim","Another","Year 8","8B/Pc","N12","1W:3" "034143","Tim","Another","Year 8","8B/Pc","N12","2Th:4" "034143","Tim","Another","Year 8","8B/Re","N01","1F:3" "034143","Tim","Another","Year 8","8B/Re","N01","2F:3" "034143","Tim","Another","Year 8","8B/Sc","S23","1M:4" "034143","Tim","Another","Year 8","8B/Sc","S23","1Th:2" "034143","Tim","Another","Year 8","8B/Sc","S23","2M:4" "034143","Tim","Another","Year 8","8B/Sc","S23","2T:3" "034143","Tim","Another","Year 8","8B/Sc","S24","2Th:2" "034143","Tim","Another","Year 8","8B/Sc","S26","1W:2" "034143","Tim","Another","Year 8","8X3/Ar","1A2","1T:5" "034143","Tim","Another","Year 8","8X3/Ar","1A2","2W:3" "034143","Tim","Another","Year 8","8X3/It","2LM","1W:1" "034143","Tim","Another","Year 8","8X3/Mu","1MS","1M:5" "034143","Tim","Another","Year 8","8X3/Mu","1MS","2M:2" "034143","Tim","Another","Year 8","8X3/Tc","S01","1M:2" "034143","Tim","Another","Year 8","8X3/Tc","S02","1T:3" "034143","Tim","Another","Year 8","8X3/Tc","S02","2W:1" "034143","Tim","Another","Year 8","8X3/Tc","S02","2T:5" "034143","Tim","Another","Year 8","8X1/Fr","N11","1T:4" "034143","Tim","Another","Year 8","8X1/Fr","N11","2T:4" "034143","Tim","Another","Year 8","8X1/Fr","N14","1M:3" "034143","Tim","Another","Year 8","8X1/Fr","N14","2M:3" "034143","Tim","Another","Year 8","8X1/Fr","N14","1F:4" "034143","Tim","Another","Year 8","8X1/Fr","N14","2F:4" "034143","Tim","Another","Year 8","8X3/Ma","N24","1T:1" "034143","Tim","Another","Year 8","8X3/Ma","N24","1W:5" "034143","Tim","Another","Year 8","8X3/Ma","N24","1Th:1" "034143","Tim","Another","Year 8","8X3/Ma","N24","2T:1" "034143","Tim","Another","Year 8","8X3/Ma","N24","2W:5" "034143","Tim","Another","Year 8","8X3/Ma","N24","2Th:1" "034143","Tim","Another","Year 8","8XG1/Pe","GYM","1T:2" "034143","Tim","Another","Year 8","8XG1/Pe","GYM","1Th:3" "034143","Tim","Another","Year 8","8XG1/Pe","GYM","2T:2" "034143","Tim","Another","Year 8","8XG1/Pe","GYM","2Th:3" "034143","Tim","Another","Year 8","CLS W8", , "034143","Tim","Another","Year 8","HCL Wyedale", , I am wanting to do the following in python (if anyone can help as I'm not good with programming) 1) Use python to remove the rows that have no room and period - such as the 2 below. "033514","Joe","Bloggs","Year 10","CLS D1", , "033514","Joe","Bloggs","Year 10","HCL Dovedale", , 2) Collate all the data for a student with the same admission number onto one line. It would need to be able to read each line with a matching Admission number - and write out one line that had the students information contained. It would also be good if I could get it to read the period in order (1M:1, 1:M2 etc) and place the room for that period in the correct order. All of this would then make it simple to import the one line into mysql. Any help would be very appreciated.
  18. An extra £15 above that is one of the best recommended and quietest 970 http://www.amazon.co.uk/MSI-GTX-970-Graphics-Express/dp/B00NOP536Y/ref=sr_1_1?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1429087396&sr=1-1&keywords=msi+970 Listen to some of the coil whine on some of them when they are under load (also notice at idle some dont need to spin their fans) -
  19. Predestination Really enjoyed it! What a crazy mess with your head film that was lol Probably not everyones cup of tea but if you like SciFi you will probably like it.
  20. Yeah glad it's back up and running... Hadn't really noticed how much use we get out of it when we are doing maintenance in the holidays
  21. Yaaay!! And we are back up also!! Thanks to @jonimpero
  22. I am still having trouble re-registering my impero. It says that my code has already been registered
  23. Our impero since yesterday seems to think that it isn't registered. Was given similar information from support about it when I emailed them yesterday. Bit of an OOPS! moment on their part I think lol Its making maintenance work in the holidays rather irritating! I have to actually walk to computers now!
  24. OMG!!! You lot going on about it has got me interested and I've gone ahead a bought it now!! I don't normally like city building games either lol - but you lot made it look so much fun PS for anyone thinking of getting it - the standard version is £22.99 on steam. You can buy it for £17.99 off amazon (as pc download version) - and it just provides you with a steam key lol
  25. We got around this by allowing our staff to logon to youtube using their google accounts. The school has google apps for education email accounts already setup. I just enabled youtube for staff on our domain. It allows them to login to youtube and set the safemode to off - its account wide once its set once. Students still are not allowed to logon to youtube.
×
×
  • Create New...