Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

siuko

Members
  • Posts

    787
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by siuko

  1. If you read the care.data - the brief version website it mentions this - Now if that is correct then opting out will not affect your normal treatment I'm going to opt-out mainly because I just don't like the way they do these things - make it opt-in would be fine.
  2. siuko

    World of Warcrack

    Restarted playing this weekend after 2 years away. Just playing for a bit of nostalgia... Really cant believe its 10 years old now! Was there on day one - what about anyone else?
  3. @matt40k I have just tried it with the admission number field and email address - it still doesnt seem to update the preview window with details of the student I'm looking for - guess I must be doing something wrong lol @Skelacia I will pm you now thank you
  4. Sorry matt40k I just read it wrong I guess lol - it just reads that you can import email and information into udf fields. I'm just trying to use it now - it connects to my sims ok (7.156 on SQL 2012) but when I read the csv and choose a few options like admission number, surname etc it does not come up with anyone?
  5. If I read the description right on the simsbulkimport it will only import into udf fields (user defined fields) This wouldn't work if you are using the official sims email field. I'm guessing they do not allow access to official fields using the business objects utility
  6. Depending on what exactly he is playing (as some games require higher specs) Something like this might just about be ok > 15.6" 1080P MSI GE60 2PL-270UK,Core i5-4200H,1TB 7200RPM,8GB DDR3,Geforce 850M 2GB, DVD, Win 8.1 - 9S7-16GH11-270 - Scan.co.uk Gaming and cheap laptops doesnt normally fit very well - and those msi ones seem about the cheapest good gaming ones Not actually got one myself - but if I could afford it I would get msi
  7. I guess I will start looking at putting these on ebay then
  8. Not exactly Edugeek / Tech related lol! Looking at selling my analog synth collection (switching to mainly software synth - easier to use and takes up less space lol!) If anyone is interested - the items are all in full working order I would be happy selling to someone on edugeek for the same price I paid on ebay for them (including the P+P if possible) - before I look to selling on ebay. Korg Electribe EA1 Analogue Modelling Synthesizer & Rhythm Synthesizer £99.50 + £10 P+P Novation Bass Station Rack Analogue Synthesiser (doesn't include power supply - I used the same one from the A-Station - but they can be purchased cheaply on ebay) £130 + £12 P+P ROLAND SH-201 SYNTHESIZER £166.82 + £25 P+P Novation KS Rack Synthesiser £137.55 + £13.19 P+P Novation A-Station Polyphonic synthesiser £103 + £13 P+P You would need to be able to collect from Kirk Hallam (About 8 miles from Derby) Buy separately or we can discuss a bundle price. Anyone interested?
  9. If that is the correct password are you trying to log on with it locally onto the server or using the domain login? As they can be different? eg domain name\administrator is different to computer name\administrator Sorry if it sounds obvious
  10. I cannot really answer related to wordpress and proxies But whenever I have setup ubuntu for squid/dansguardian behind our LA proxy I always have issues with getting wget to work. So I always set server wide proxy settings in /etc/environment See example details here Everything then seems to work fine after that!
  11. Hehe yeah I had noticed that after I posted. I think I rush posted the first time as it was a bit of a surprise seeing the job offer, and that I hadn't noticed it before lol!
  12. Hi, Is this job still open? What is the closing date for applications?
  13. Had a quote from Virgin Media for a new connection and they have added in the Palo Alto Firewall / Filters
  14. Generally we dont clean them out here on a regular basis... But every few years if we notice any 'OMG how much dust is in this computer' we will then do clean of all the computers in that room lol
  15. The only thing I can say is... wait... I'm sure I read somewhere that the Hero 4 was coming out very soon! Might be an even nicer present to yourself
  16. As an update to this I have at least worked out how to ban the chrome webstore. Our Google Apps console is split into User OU's and so I can enforce settings on just students. Under the Chrome > User Settings I was able to add url's that arent allowed - so added https://chrome.google.com/webstore - worked a treat to stop students installing apps from the webstore I can then force pre-install apps of our choosing. Still not found any way to sort out the Files App! Or stop them disabling wifi etc in settings
  17. Hi All, School is looking at rolling out some chromebooks We have 1 for testing - and it is enrolled onto our Google Apps Management console 1) I can choose to only allow certain Apps to run which is good - but Google Store, Get Help and Files Apps are still appearing even though they are not in the allow list - anyone know how to remove them? 2) Is there a way to lockdown access to settings - for such things as wifi were it can be turned off, and for chrome browser settings The google management console just doesn't seem to go quite far enough to secure the chromebooks for student use.
  18. We use Booking System Web Site. It doesnt look overly nice... But it is one of the quickest to setup and add bookings too (faster than mrbs) We use it for a 2 week timetable (which is easily setup) and have about 7 rooms on it. Uses IIS
  19. LanTopolog Automatic physical network topology discovery Worked well for me Edit: Just realised that isnt freeware anymore... search for Lantopolog 1.3.2 which is freeware and works fine Edit 2 : Looks like softpedia have it > http://www.softpedia.com/progDownload/LanTopolog-Download-89837.html
  20. Are you trying to run these startup scripts on Windows 7 or above? If you are then I don't think it will work as the startup script works with the local computer system account and probably does not have permissions to do what you require I've never fully got my head around why exactly it doesn't work (but I know when I was trying to get bginfo working on Windows 7 - this caused me lots of issues)
  21. Half term here.... And I've got a decant spreadsheet to fill in!! What and where is all the old equipment in the old school - and what and where is it going in the new school in october.... omg its taking aaaaaaaaaaaages lol
  22. Thank you Zag - any details on who you contacted? Looking on the capita website there is contact info for a Services Team?
  23. Hi, We are looking at purchasing a new Sims server and planning on having Windows Server 2012 and SQL 2012 on it. (to keep up with the technical roadmap) Can any recommend any companies who offer the service of moving Sims from one server to another - and also migrating Sims from Windows 2008 R2 and SQL 2008 to Windows 2012 and SQL 2012? Ta!
  24. I think I may have found it > Custom Support | Crown Commercial Service
×
×
  • Create New...