Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

siuko

Members
  • Posts

    787
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by siuko

  1. All drinks are rubbish besides Titanic Dark Strong Plum Porter OMG The flavour is amazing.... sooooo plummy
  2. Should it be '\c$\Program Files\Renato\senso.cloud' - with the slash in?
  3. In september we went through a merge of 3 schools into one MAT domain with Virtue Technologies It was a scary process but I definitely like how they handled it and the after support has been good too!
  4. DefaultPrintByOUStaff.vbs - Map and set default printers by OU or computer name - all I changed was our FQDN as it had our MAT name in it RemovePrinters.vbs - Clear all network shared printers on logoff
  5. We ended up going back to VBS scripts We have one on logoff that clears all printers The logon script also clears the printers (just in case they restart the pc rather than shutting down) This has been the most reliable way for us
  6. We have a strange problem here that if you insert a table into a Master Slide and enter some text into it When you next re-open the file and go to master slide view and try and edit the text in a table cell it automatically selects all the text contained in that cell (so typing as normal overwrites each letter with the next) A text box in master slide view doesn't have this issue And a table in normal view doesn't have this issue either It is only tables in the master slide view Anyone seen this before?
  7. Currently we are testing mapping the printer via GPP (but don't set it as default as it seems to try setting default to quickly which fails and then proceeds to stop the whole GPP mapping randomly) We then set the default printer using a VBS login script based on the computer OU or computer name Seems to be working well so far - but the test will be on monday when everyone is back from half term
  8. Thanks for the help everyone I managed to get it to show up by clicking the update button shown below (check for updates on the update library didn't help)
  9. I've installed the SIMS Summer 2018 Full Release (7.182.49) I'm looking at installing the SIMS Summer 2018 Release - Consolidated Workstation Patch 1 via Solus I can't seem to find it on solus though Has it been removed or do I just need to request it from my support provider?
  10. No you don't have to have seen resolution But watching The Endless will spoil the mystery of resolution
  11. Resolution (2012) The Endless (2017) I don't want to say to much as it would spoil the films - they definitely aren't blockbuster film quality but I did rather enjoy them and especially like how they tied the first one into the second (it added an explanation for what happened in the first film) Watch them in chronological order (if you order from amazon currently you get a special edition with both films on the bluray release)
  12. I have run the V4 script and it only shows 2 issues Can I take it that is all that is affected? Is there anything else I should be doing or should I wait for the 24157 patch to confirm?
  13. For us it was putting docs.google.com into the custom allow list (which doesn't have decrypt and inspect done on it)
  14. No worries - thanks for replying We are moving away from Smoothwall in the summer so I will likely just leave it as it is for the 3 weeks left
  15. Sorry to raise an old thread Did you ever find a fix for this @markwilfan I am just dealing with this issue now - adding docs.google.com to the custom allowed list fixes it - but as you say it isn't ideal Edit : Also on Leeds1
  16. Try using Roguechecker Should show up any other DHCP servers on your network
  17. Virgin Media and Smoothwall here too - no problems to speak of
  18. OMG LOL!!! I still hadn't twigged when I got as far as the naughty or nice list and thought 'omg what is this person doing!!' lol
  19. The trailer looked quite interesting to me - reminded me of Roadside Picnic / Stalker
  20. Do you have offline caching of the shares turned off? It has been so long since we set this up I cannot remember the exact reason why we do it (but there is something to do with profile corruption) But we have a batch file in each folder of profiles (we have a folder for each year group) It contains the code below FOR /D %%G IN (*.*) DO NET SHARE %%G /CACHE:None And we schedule it each evening to run This will turn all caching off for all folders within the specific directory PS this is on Windows Server 2008 R2 and Windows 7
  21. I voted £100 Its a raffle so if I don't win it's no surprise - but if I do win I'm winning BIG!!
  22. Hehe nice one! Glad it helped Thanks for the coffee offer Just help others on here when you get chance that will be enough for me
  23. Couple of things to try On my ultra wide monitor my Display port isn't picked up unless I have a DVI cable plugged into the monitor too (doesn't need to be plugged in the other side) - wierd but works for me Also searched and found this to maybe try > Windows 10 or GTX 970 does't detect 144hz Monitor HELP! (Also Display port issues..) - [solved] - Displays
  24. Best prices I have been having lately is from Amc Computer Supplies They always come in quite a bit cheaper than most other suppliers My account manager is Kye
  25. I've just checked and the backups are done daily using a batch file that contains and inside the backupsims.sql it has It was setup by someone else quite some time ago - is this not the best way to do it?
×
×
  • Create New...