Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

robk

Mod Staff
  • Posts

    1,409
  • Joined

Everything posted by robk

  1. Nothing sad about that... Having done that tour I know exactly what you mean! Enjoy the others you have booked.
  2. I have been asked to install the software for the Meccanoid Robots from here... Welcome to Erector by Meccano ® The original inventor brand! I have the Package installed, but theres a UAC prompt at startup... At the moment it seems completely un-usable as a student app. Has anyone got this working? If so could you share how?
  3. I have several hosts running Vmware ESXi 5.5 (the free version, not with Vcenter etc). Which I need to update to the latest version to keep the OS compatibility etc. Whats the best way of doing this? Can I jump straight from 5.5 to say 6.5 or do I need to do the intermediate releases as well? I need to deploy the odd Windows 2019 server (RD gateway) so want to get this done asap, but only have a couple of days where I can have some down time... Any advice?
  4. The coils in the meter block the high frequency power line signal that the units use to communicate.
  5. I can certainly recommend them if you can actually get tickets. They tend to sell out very quickly.
  6. @atcoates would you mind pm'ing me who you moved to? Looking to do something similar!
  7. Just a thought I think those aps have lifetime warranty so may be worth contacting ruckus. I know there's no sla on return time.but might be worth a shot.
  8. Now I did look at our install files earlier, and found the install script but couldn't for the life of me remember where I found the info for the unattended install. That manual sounds like it. Fingers crossed all goes well with your install!
  9. Not a dumb question, but no we are not using the quick scan units (which seem to be less useful the more I hear). We have two standard screens that we are trying to use. One question I have been asked is what our apireference is, but advanced don't know and InVentry don't know what the field does it seems.
  10. Eportal restarted after checking. We copied the API.xml changes back during the upgrade.
  11. Thanks @TJD0712 the IP address of the screen is in the API.xml file, but still no attendance right back.
  12. Starting to wonder if InvEntry can actually write back to Facility... After several remote sessions from InvEntry support we still do not seem to be any further forward. Could anyone who has this working please get in touch? I suspect it could be our eportal install, rather than InvEntry.
  13. I have had a ticket open with inventry all week for this one. Though timing could be better as they are really busy.
  14. I should have said, licence has been purchased and Inventry did the install, but eportal has been updated since the install. During the holiday it was a bit difficult to test write back, so not sure where the problem lies.
  15. We have a brand new Inventry system installed over the summer holiday, which should be writing back marks to Facility. This is not happening, but I can't work out why. Could anyone who is using this combination let me know what changes are needed to get this working? I suspect I have missed a setting in eportal.
  16. Are they stored as PDFs or report format?
  17. This is the key bit of info. Yes it means that lockdowns etc may be less effective than you might like, but does mean that in the event of a system fault evacuation can still take place. From memory Paxlocks should open on fire, but they do rely on a internal battery so if the battery is flat... I also can't remember if they are reader on one side only therefore leaving is a standard door handle (meaning it fails safe).
  18. Thanks @Arthur & @lewisVeryPC trying to keep the costs down... I can get a U11 life "for free" but a U11 or U11+ is going to cost I suspect. I think I am going to have to find somewhere that has them in stock and have a play as you suggest. The U11 life has a lower screen res than the standard U11.
  19. I am about to "upgrade" my phone from a 2year old HTC 10. The HTC U11 sounds like a good replacement but I am not sure if the "life" versions screen is any good for RDP work... What are others comments? Need to stick with Android, ideally HTC as I am used to their software.. Apple and Windows phone a def NO!
  20. @Dramaschool it is easy to do, though I would be careful with taking the entire mis database off site. On a school owned encrypted laptop no problem. Installed on the timetablers home PC is a different problem with GDPR etc. Do you have access to advanced support? There used to be a very good guide on this. I suggest installing sql rather than. Msaccess if you want to test extracting and intergrating from scheduler...
  21. I was told that unless Doc storage was in use it was a cache of the last few print jobs on a ricoh format disc. So unless yoh knew what you were doing difficult to get to. I think you can encrypt the drive though?
  22. On windows try OBS, free and seems to work quite well.
  23. There used to be a demo app, but it didnt store credentals, and needed admin access to net2..
  24. Absolutely, thats how all ours have been done. Its just doorbell wiring effectively. You CAN do this in software, but the net2 client is a bit complex for most receptions, and the C++ client needs strange permissions, I did get it going some years ago, but we gave up. Door bell button works when the computer is turned off etc.
  25. It doesnt look like the frame is bend, but again thats why I am looking for a reputable repair centre to give it the best shot.
×
×
  • Create New...