Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

robk

Mod Staff
  • Posts

    1,409
  • Joined

Everything posted by robk

  1. Knowing that eportal can be slightly unstable at the best of times, I would avoid mixing that with other servers certainly not a DC! Any chance of grabbing a workstation and upgrading that as a backup DC? Not ideal but might get you out of trouble.
  2. Very interested! Sccm and vdi would be good adds to the list!
  3. From new posts on the mobile skin clicking "last page" on a thread takes you to the first page of the thread rather than the last.
  4. I beleve the vbs method spools via the server, and is the one I use. The print UI version sounds much more complicated, and could have problems setting defaults.
  5. I would echo mac_shinobi's comments there's alot in Impero 3.
  6. Done them all I think.
  7. Who running this now?I see 9.0.0.0.69 is available. just not sure if its safe to upgrade from 8 yet.
  8. Your minions have been given firing directions and were last seen nerf guns in hand…..
  9. Hopefully I can`t be heard through the floor..... Many thanks to EduGeek for picking up the tab for accommodation etc. Its nice to be part of an excellent team. Will put BETT 2012 my diary assuming everyone can cope with me again! It was a great show.
  10. Fantastic news! looks good to me.
  11. Does the sophos box content filter or just filter for virus content?
  12. But we would! That's our Internet.
  13. Depends on how many mass texts he sends!
  14. Will have to see what we can do. Attempting to grow wings as I sit on this train.
  15. robk

    BETT Passes

    Mine arrived the other day. I do remember having to click a option to request a posted version though.
  16. Oh I know what he's on about! Guess who hadn't turned his phone off.....
  17. @HTCIT Oh dear, you have drawn the short straw here I fear
  18. If anyones short of an oyster card I "think" I have three at home, will bring them with me.
  19. You can also get "switching noise" from the power supply which sounds likes hiss and is digital noise off the PSU. hum eliminators are a really good start.
  20. Oh yes, the hum eliminators work really well. I have found that sometime changing the power supply for a different unit helps, with cheap replacements being worse than the originals. (I am thinking HP laptops with this).
  21. Happy New Year everyone!
  22. Merry Christmas!
  23. Blocked by smoothwall as socal networking, but not by EMBC, will pass on to Derbyshire unless grumbledook gets to embc first....
  24. That sounds like you want to put students on "white list" filtering. Most filtering/classroom management tools should allow you to do this.
  25. Was it Dropbox? Not used it myself but its ringing loud bells with me. Its on my "To Try" list!
×
×
  • Create New...