Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

rickjames

Members
  • Posts

    1,030
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by rickjames

  1. Maybe I'm being an idiot, but how do I sort the lock screen so I can reply to notifications without having to unlock the phone for it to open the app up?
  2. Gonna say since we put in Sandisk SSDs around our school in during the summer we've not had any problems, but hey ho.
  3. Normally split time between mum and dad, the former cares far more than the other but I've no idea what to get her. Surprising my dad this year with Ashes tickets for the 5th test, they were not cheap at £80 a pop but hey ho. Can't think of much I'd like/need urgently, maybe some Lego.
  4. Excuse me if I sound like a bit of a moron. Currently we do very little by way of monitoring our printers/copiers across the school ie if there's a problem then someone tells us and we go and look at it. I'd like to be a little more in control of what goes on and want to start monitoring everything through SNMP via our Helpdesk (Sysaid). I should state at this point that my knowledge of SNMP is super super super, minimal. I understand to get things going properly I need to obtain the OIDs for things like toner level/pages printed etc, but I can't see any documentation from Ricoh/Samsung etc about what they are. How on Earth do I go about getting them? Yours truly/frustratingly RJ
  5. Now having these visions of Adam Driver being pure evil, it's exciting.
  6. YOU HAVE PERMISSION TO LOSE YOUR S**T. So excited after seeing that.
  7. Anyone seen any good Lego deals? Could do with sorting a few Christmas presents.
  8. I'm in; you've got my details from before, no?
  9. We bought an SSD as we prep some kind of multimedia machine to put in our staffroom. Might keep an eye out for a monitor or two.
  10. OH GOD http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7bk9glvzXA
  11. Or you could ignore both of them and watch Peaky Blinders
  12. Howdy all, again. Our Head of ICT doesn't want pupils having email accounts, at least not for the foreseeable future. Does anyone else running GAFE have a thing where their pupils just use Google accounts for using Drive/Docs etc? I'm sure it would be fine for the most part, just wanted to see if there were any massive headaches that anyone else might have encountered if so. At least in my head using Classroom might be slightly troublesome without any form of email for teachers to submit homework etc.
  13. Already? Lord give me strength.
  14. Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand we kind of have liftoff. Synced to Google Apps OK with the exception of pupils because they don't have a mail attribute. GAPS set up and after a password change can log into the Chromebook in front of me. Onwards to more stuff.
  15. We don't plan on giving any to teaching staff until we're done playing around with this one. Also subject teachers are always using software specific to what they're doing.
  16. Also highjacking, soz/double soz if I sound like a moron We've a Chromebook we're trialing out which we intend to give out to our caretakers for odds and sods, general web browsing/view a file or two. We're a Windows school so is integrating it with active directory using GADS a true ballache? I was in the middle of watching some tutorial before having to run around doing other stuff. Also you can't do much with network shares and rely solely on Google Drive, correct? Might be problematic.
  17. We have Sketchup here and that was my initial thought, but our ICT Head thinks there's no way they'll be able to get the hang of it; having sat in with the Year 1s all term doing basic mouse/typing stuff I'm inclined to agree with him.
  18. Could we have the kids log in to one Minecraft account and all do it simultaneously?
  19. Hi diddly ho, We've just recently installed a Makerbot Replicator at school and our ICT Head is pretty keen to get things going with regards to getting kids making things, a potential one being Christmas decorations. We're trying to find some software that's super easy for kids (aged 5-8) to use and also isn't a nightmare for us to install. Any pointers? FANX.
  20. I just can't believe that ghosts and the paranormal are all haunting your schools because Linda from Toxeth got a bad grade for French in 1846 and felt the need to torment others afterwards. That being said, please do carry on, it's making my day go by easier!
  21. Nope, all drivel. All of it. Cheers.
×
×
  • Create New...