Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

rickjames

Members
  • Posts

    1,030
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by rickjames

  1. Hi. We've shifted to AB Tutor v7.3.2 after spending several years (to my knowledge) on v6. I've got around to installing the client across the school fine and can log on/control workstations OK. However I'm having trouble launching any application and get an error of 'You are not authorized to open this path'. Any clues on what I might be doing wrong? I can't see why I wouldn't have the permissions in the first place? Thanks!
  2. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.
  3. Have my headphones in to drown out the rather substantial noise levels I come across. Wouldn't survive without them.
  4. These are back on sale on Wuaki at £19.99 delivered https://chromeshop.wuaki.tv/uk/checkout/index.html? Really hope they introduce support for NHL Gamecenter.
  5. Any Simpsons episode not made in the 90s = meh
  6. Here we go
  7. Post screenshots and favourite moments here... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pqcESS0gRc
  8. A bump. Doing my head in!
  9. When you have so much music and you don't want to pay for a subscription streaming service then there will always be a need. I have a 160gb that goes around with me everywhere. Also smartphone battery life is rubbish.
  10. They still have faith in their start screen then.
  11. Not really, although I've stopped the whole nap after getting home from kinda thing I used to do. PROGRESS.
  12. I was going to link you to the deal Wuaki were offering of £23.99 delivered for a Chromecast plus a season of a TV show, took season 1 of Game of Thrones. Had mine a few weeks and love it, way easier than having to turn on the Xbox, fiddle around with the controller, signing in etc. Use it mostly for Netflix and MLB.TV which are great, shame I can't seem to get a workaround for sorting Hulu otherwise I'd be golden. It'd be nice if they offered support for NHL Gamecenter when the new season starts.
  13. Are those Thinkpad XE140's? We already two trolley's full. Thinking about it those keyboards with big hands are likely to drive them insane, they certainly get to me after a few minutes. Maybe 13" would be a better idea.
  14. Hi de ho, We need 3 laptops/netbooks, two for our caretakers to just do general email and check CCTV and one for one of your Read Recovery people for general teacher work. Around 11-13in, well built, good battery life etc. Budget of around £400 per machine, I'm sure there's something out there that'll do the job and be a little bit cheaper. Oh, must be Windows based/ So, anything out there worth a thumbs up? Cheers
  15. My housemate got some limited edition thing the other day, he's got two days to complete the campaign as he'll hog the living room TV otherwise. Sure he'll be fine.
  16. I've been where I am since January and not once have I had 'the Internet isn't working' or 'the Internet is really slow'. Compared to where I was beforehand where I'd be dealing with nonsense every day, it's wonderful.
  17. Morning all, We moved over to 8.1 this summer across the school and have this odd issue with a bunch of computers in our staffroom when printing to the photocopier in there. Upon trying to print (it takes awhile connecting to said printer at times) it just hangs before saying it doesn't have enough memory, then seemingly leaving you no choice to shut it down and try again. However after doing that pretty much all of the fonts wind up disappearing. I've printed a couple of webpages OK and printing from Excel seems OK. We also have a 'follow you' system in school and when printing there with Word it's absolutely fine. Printing to there from a couple of other desktops (exactly the same) in other rooms using Word also seemed absolutely fine. Any clues/help as to what might be the problem? I can't think of anything too obvious.
  18. Yeah, can't move anything at all. Eurgh this is going to be a long one.
  19. Network location, no permissions issues or anything.
  20. Right. Created an entirely new start screen on a local admin account. Created shortcuts to the programs themselves in Program Data/Windows/Microsoft/Star Menu/Programs and exported it. Change in GPO and it's still missing about 20 or so. ARGH WHAT AM I DOING WRONG.
  21. Oh and here's the XML file for old times sake. The rest of them are fine, just the network drives!
  22. Yeah, done that and nothing helpful there either. This is driving me mad now as I can't really image 150 machines without having the correct layout. ARGH.
  23. Permissions seem absolutely fine. I do my layouts logged in as admin on my own machine then try them on a test one. Worked fine after fiddling but now I cant get these network folders up!
  24. I do indeed mean that, sorry. I've right clicked each one and pinned it to the start screen accordingly, but after exporting my layout and doing a gpupdate /force on my test machine I'm not getting anything.
  25. Anyone have any idea why I can't get our network drives to boot into our start screen? They're set to point in the right direction but I'm not getting a peep out of it.
×
×
  • Create New...