Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

rickjames

Members
  • Posts

    1,030
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by rickjames

  1. Howdy, In the stages of getting ready to book my A+ 802 exam (scraped my 801 last week), does anyone have any advice/pointers in regards to it? The simulations in 801 threw me off a little and whilst I'm expecting there to be a command line thing to carry out I've no idea about the rest. Cheeeeeeeers.
  2. Part 1 of Comptia A+ out of the way, thank God
  3. Currently Sky with Sports package, Netflix, NHL Gamecenter for hockey and use Unblock.US to deal with geo stuff (prefer watching stuff on the Xbox) Sorted out my RPi with Kodi and the NBCSN addon to watch that stuff on a Saturday afternoon at 3pm, a buffer or two aside it's getting more tempting to can Sky altogether, even more now Champions League is moving to BT.
  4. Odds and sods, general classroom stuff I've been meaning to get around to but not had time etc. Also have the first of my Comptia A+ exams, kinda bricking it even after cramming the last few weeks/reminding myself about stuff I'm just never going to come across in the field ever.
  5. Can't seem to find that registry value?!?!
  6. Don't wake him up, he's 'dead' tired
  7. Worth noting this with the OnePlus One https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/android-lollipop-update-official-release-dates.282330/
  8. Yeah I found out about ShellExView yesterday, did as you've suggested and it that appears to be OK on the surface, but what could I do to sort it across the school? Can't really walk around installing this and disabling the property handler. Many thanks on this/
  9. Actually, ignore that entirely; removed all 3 updates from a few machines (various array of desktops) and it's still happening. ARGH.
  10. I have a 1.83ghz Core 2 Duo Macbook from about 2006 I use at home for general browsing, odds and sods. Putting in an SSD over Christmas made no world of difference.
  11. Yeah, reinstalled/uninstalled again just to check and that seems to be it. Approved it for removal on WSUS anyway.
  12. RIGHT. Pinned this down to KB3013769 after all it seems.
  13. http://download.lardlad.com/framegrabs/4F15/032.jpg
  14. Same version as you. Just uninstalled that update and my profile on various machines, still having the same issue. Eurggggggggh. Thanks so far, though.
  15. Just uninstalled both of those on mine now and it's still happening. Checked the logs and it related to that system file, anyway...
  16. We've had a few users today having an issue trying to access folders containing .MOV files: upon opening whichever folder that contains them, the wheel will spin for a few seconds before closing the Explorer window completely. Tested it across a few of our workstations with the same results. Any idea what might be doing this?
  17. I've done it a few times, replaced the battery and was halfway through replacing the screen (no touch at the bottom of it) before realising I'd probably need a heatgun. One day...
  18. Just replaced the speaker/antenna part in my N4 and first impressions are: IT LIVES. Screw buying another phone for now, if I can get another year out of this I'll be chuffed!
  19. I see the Nexus 6 32gb on Amazon.fr for just under £400 and want to bite. Still can't justify ever paying that much for a phone...
  20. Also on a hunt for a new phone; for two years I've had a Nexus 4 with increasing signal issues, particularly indoors. Gone and replaced the battery which was a fault to no avail, ordered a new antenna for it this week and if not that's it. Really want a Nexus 6 but can't justify the price when I paid just a smidgeon under £300 for my N4. Constantly tempted by the OnePlus but reading people having all sorts of issues (that do get fixed, it seems) followed by a shoddy looking customer service makes me wonder if it's worth forking out.
  21. I for one am excited to see what Night Mode has to offer
  22. Sounds like a stick and poke job
  23. Whilst this is a thing up the top of the tree... Is there any way of figuring out which updates supersedes another? Our install process involves our workstations pulling various Windows Updates for 8.1 that total to about 3gb worth, a lot of which I'm sure is completely unneccessary
  24. I'm currently ordering about 20 boxes of A4 (5 reams in a box, 2500 sheets of paper) and we're going through them in about 2/3 weeks, mostly between three main photocopiers. Blows my mind.
×
×
  • Create New...