Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

rickjames

Members
  • Posts

    1,030
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by rickjames

  1. 23 hours later and we're about halfway there. Well, there we go.
  2. Ta. My eyes can barely tell if the progress bar is actually going along at all, hah.
  3. Addressing our WSUS server which just rolls out whatever updates it feels like when we do our imaging process. Had no idea the WSUS Server Cleanup wizard was even available until this morning, selected to clean every item and on it's way. However it seems to just hit a halt deleting unused updates. Server hasn't frozen or anything like that. I should add the WSUS folder is 244gb which could be considered quite large but just wanted to check before deciding maybe something is up.
  4. Because people realise they won't be able to fund their rather audacious pledges. Brand coming out in support of Labour is quite the coup.
  5. Howdy Have a teacher who's phone (we have Yealink T22s across the school) isn't getting a ringtone all of a sudden. There's nothing to suggest on the phone's setting itself that anything is wrong; not in headset mode or anything obvious like that. Can send and receive calls OK and call quality is OK. Logged into the web interface and again, can't see anything different to when I set up almost a year ago. Any ideas?
  6. Morning, We've a wall of Raspberry Pi's we're going to be mounting up soon. Has anyone ever used one Pi with a wireless adapter as a bridge to a small switch to supply ethernet to the rest of them (8 Pi's)? I've seen a few guides floating around but was wondering what degrees of success people on here might have had. I hope I've explained that properly, hah. Cheers
  7. Cool. Stumbled across this guide the other day, anyone think it'll be enough lab wise to get started with when I get around to it? Microsoft Exam Guides How to Build an MCSA Lab - Microsoft Exam Guides
  8. Out of curiosity with everyone doing 70-410, what have you done by way of lab environments? Just thinking ahead of the future once my Network+ is done. Ta.
  9. Unfortunately I'm keen on something a little more portable and whilst replacing a screen isn't necessarily a hard job I can't be bothered risking any issues with it. I'll twiddle my thumbs for a lot longer then, ah.
  10. Bump for this. Off the top of my head are the only other Full HD Chromebooks the Pixel and Toshiba Chromebook 2? I can't afford the Pixel and the Chromebook 2 looks ugly.
  11. Heads up for anyone that might be interested Free Google Apps Training Conference
  12. Oh and the mid credits scene, eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek
  13. Personally loved it for the most part. Spoilers in white below Only issue I kinda had was Ultron being a little too camp, obviously Loki had his moments but for the most part he's a legitimate threat to the Avengers. Also loved seeing a little backstory on Hawkeye, when you think of trying to fit all those characters into one piece it's pretty tricky. Didn't think it was 'too funny' at all, tongue in cheek is what you get with Marvel films! Any scene involving Mjolnir was hilarious.
  14. Tick tock tick tock tick tock
  15. That's pretty neat. Part of me wonders if we could do a similar thing here, but we're one huge six floor building that never appears to end.
  16. I live in a Labour safe seat that's been the case since 1989, but I couldn't help but laugh at someone running on behalf of CISTA | CISTA
  17. CRACKED IT, or so I think. Had to sort the search rules out in user accounts so its only allows users with our email address, so (&(objectCategory=person)(objectClass=user)(mail=*knightsbridgeschool.com*)) Run a simulated sync and it deletes all the users ie parents without it, so happy days (maybe)
  18. The parents mail attribute is their own personal email address, the whole reason we have KS-Parents really is to do with our VLE. Just totally forgotten now it might be a Groups thing, we have a KS-Sec-Parents security group along with the others. edit: actually no thats fine, that security group doesn't have a mail attribute
  19. Both seem right?
  20. Delays on M74 after dog 'drives tractor' on carriageway - BBC News YES
  21. That is the distinguishedName of the OU container above?
  22. OU=KS-Users, DC=camelot, DC=local is our base DN, running a test comes back all fine and good? Argh doing my head in.
  23. More for personal consideration really, but does anyone know where the bloody hell I can possibly order the one in the UK with the IPS display? Only places I can see them are your usual retailers with the lower 1366x768 display
  24. Can't seem to see anything odd looking in the logs, like I say it just shifts them to our root OU which here seems to be ""
  25. Just checked and yup, path is definitely correct! But like I say instead of excluding the OU altogether it puts them all in our GAPPS root OU. Have I got to add an exclusion rule alongside each tab ie GAPPS Configurarion/Org Units/User Accounts/Groups/User Profiles etc?
×
×
  • Create New...