-
Posts
1,030 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by rickjames
-
[tv show] Fortitude Polar Bear Roams London [Surprises Some Commuters]
rickjames replied to 6Foot2's topic in TV & Movies
Last nights episode...bleedin' 'eck -
Safer Internet Day - 2GB Free Google Drive Storage
rickjames replied to Zoom7000's topic in General Chat
I just ran it but didn't get any notification if I was eligible or not? I imagine I am, anyway. -
Bread making machines - Do you have one and do you use it regularly
rickjames replied to bodminman's topic in General Chat
Nope, make all my bread/dough stuff by hand. Once you get your technique right (with a tip or two along the way) its super easy and a million times more rewarding. You also need a bit of patience. Would like to make more doughnut type stuff where admittedly I'd love a good food mixer, but can't afford/justify one. Sigh. Made this yesterday, turned out pretty well. -
Chromecast as Digital Signage solution?
rickjames replied to catch21's topic in AV and Multimedia Related
Nope, currently our DS requirements are pretty basic. Would like to see if anyone else does use it though, maybe something for the future that we consider. -
[tv show] Fortitude Polar Bear Roams London [Surprises Some Commuters]
rickjames replied to 6Foot2's topic in TV & Movies
First episode had enough about it to be interesting, it's got certain similarities with Twin Peaks when you think about it. -
Also need to join the club, but more in the 'gain weight' category. There's a Pure Gym right around the corner from me, just need to err, sign up. Again as a n00b, would stronglifts be a good place to start?
-
Bloody hell it's cold the last few days. Got some Sealskinz windproofs last week but my fingers are super numb so I'm now having to get a glove liner underneath them.
-
Just noticed that it's the 1st Gen rather than 2nd, I'm put off somewhat now. Also having a half decent camera wouldn't go amiss, I find the Nexus 4 autofocus kinda shoddy, particularly in low light.
-
Has anyone got a Moto G? Couldn't help but notice yesterday that they're down to £99.99 at Tesco (locked, but you can sort that for a few quid), anyone got any thoughts? From reading up it'd be a downgrade on my Nexus 4, but solid for the money. I just wish my N4 wasn't dying
-
Did I win? I'm sure I did.
-
Tiniest bit of snow in London this morning, nothing to worry about. Couldn't be bothered cycling in, mind.
-
Nexus 4 since February 2013. Giffgaff tariff at £15 which is 500 cross network minutes, unlimited texts and unlimited data. Phone has served me very well until now, but all of a sudden I'm getting no signal in areas where I really really should. New sim, new battery and the problem is still ongoing. Wanna fix it but have no idea if anything I do will solve it.
-
That being said reading this has made me think about possibly switching, with HSBC I don't really get anything in terms of perks/benefits etc. Halifax is appealing...
-
Might switch bank accounts just for one of these.
-
Ah, righty, I'll do that then. Legally speaking are we allowed to use the .au and .nz versions of it as well? The more resources for teaching staff the better, obviously.
-
Chromecast as Digital Signage solution?
rickjames replied to catch21's topic in AV and Multimedia Related
Anyone had a go with Greenscreen? Greenscreen -
Ta. I've just signed up and apart from it initially linking me through to the Australian Clickview TV it seems pretty handy. To anyone who's done a little more with it how'd you go about setting this up for staff to use? They don't seem to have any documentation at all which makes me think 'setup a sole account and pass the credentials around to staff'
-
Just for ultimate clarification, but ClickView TV is 100% free right? I don't want to be signing us up only to be badgered about adding things like Exchange and so on, so forth.
-
Snow? What snow?
-
-
I don't know if it's just me but I'm a tad surprised at how many iPads are rolling around, we're in this situation where we really can't see the benefits over them replacing a laptop/workstation in the classroom/work area/wherever.
-
He was quite good
-
A slight detour on this; Our caretakers are looking for their own kind of helpdesk where staff can email issues related to them, does anyone have any ideas/suggestions that are ideally free and dead simple to use? There's only 3 of them so I'm thinking Freshdesk's sprout plan might be handy
