Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

mullet_man

Members
  • Posts

    2,035
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by mullet_man

  1. Thanks for this Dave, I've got another few under my desk which I need to log with Dell and see if they will fix or replace them.
  2. I haven't seen the error since I reimaged student machines nor I have seen it on staff machines. I think having the latest updates does solve the issue. Although just because I've not seen it doesn't mean it doesn't happen, still getting printers that are not installing but it's not as often now. Each update makes it a lot more stable it seems.
  3. Do you have wait for network at computer startup GP set? We have mostly 5550s and some 5570s but never noticed this issue here.
  4. I rang them myself and they said from Monday you can book exams for Office 2016. Saves me having to roll out 2013!
  5. Ohh that's interesting and could be great timing. Although a collegue was told yesterday by them it would be December. I'll see if someone in school has recieved the same email!
  6. It's a joke it really is @3s-gtech I love giving Microsoft nearly 10k a year to stay on 3+ year old software. Getting conflicting information now, @forkies are you saying the email confirms Office 2016 support via a new plug in? Can you share the URL? A colleague was told just today support won't be available till December? Totally confused!
  7. Am just running into this issue, we need to run some ECDL tests over the half term and my 3 IT rooms all now have Windows 10 and Office 2016. @FN-GM I remember you saying they'd told you September and I assumed it would be sorted. Someone from BCS told us that IT can just easily change it back to Office 2013, like it's a click of a button and flash it's sorted. Can Office 2013 and Office 2016 be installed side by side?
  8. We've got the parent/guardian issue with Y7s. Has anyone had an update on this matter as I remember seeing it mentioned here. Also got parents listed as "--" too.
  9. That's great news thanks for the clarification. That's good they are honouring the offer for you too [emoji106]
  10. Is EES classed as software assurance? Got some aging VMware servers which are due to be replaced next year and the plan was to move to Hyper v. Would be interested to know if we could get these via EES.
  11. Had no problems here with IE11. Make sure you sign up to their support alert emails, they've had some issues in the last few weeks and they email out notifications on fixes and timescales etc. Good to pass onto SLT if people query why they can't access it etc.
  12. I added this to my Windows 7 image a few months back and to be honest I haven't noticed any difference in login times. That's not to say it's not increased boot times or login times it's just nothing that is immediately noticeable.
  13. Can you still use the various bits of software that pulls data from SIMS? Bio store? class charts, show my homework we've got loads.
  14. Thanks for this as it's fixed a laptop I had stuck at "Installed Queued"
  15. It does say on their website it's compatible with Google.
  16. Thanks Liam. I contacted Salamander and now have this and a few other tweaks implemented. We've also got our SIMS photos syncing with O365. Can't praise Stuart and Gareth enough for their hard work in getting everything we needed in place and so quickly and efficiently. Thanks. Stephen
  17. Thanks Liam, might harass Stuart at some point to see if we can get this setup for us. Liam do you still receive email notifications for new starters, is welcome letter is additional or instead of that?
  18. I had to request a list of usernames so I could reupload to match our computer account usernames, took a few emails to finally get the right person so I could the data. Hopefully it doesnt take them too long to process the data as the new year 7s don't have their logins yet.
  19. Hi Liam, That sounds awesome, we have a welcome sheet with all the users passwords on etc but had no idea Salamander could be used to fill in their network details etc. What did you have to do to do this? What format was the form in etc? Thanks.
  20. We've had this for a few years but I've found their support lacking in the last few months. I need to investigate SSO or O365 as we are struggling with usernames which I've tried to match our AD ones but they seem really intent on not allowing me to get them to update them in bulk.
  21. Do you use the program MISsync to upload the data? I did mine as pre admissions and so far haven't had anyone tell me anything is wrong.
  22. Day 2 for us too and not had any issues with my 3 and bit IT rooms so far, it is early days though. Our image is relatively small office and cs6 plus a few apps and that's it. My main issue has been with staff laptops, had a couple of laptops just drop and then refuse to connect to the network restarts seems to fix it but not sure what it is. We've introduced bitlocker, and we seem to get an error when trying to change the pin on a few of them, I haven't made a note of the error as it's only effected a few so we've left it on a default pin until I've got a spare five mins to take a closer look. Once the WSUS issue is fixed I'll be happier, I've also noticed with windows 10 it seems to like to download and update graphics drivers so when the teacher comes to dock their laptop it won't duplicate the display as a reboot is pending and we know teachers refuse to reboot their laptops. I haven't looked at the power options to be honest, if I get a minute I'll have a look tomorrow. Thanks everyone for their updates
  23. Thanks for the update Pete, out of interest do all these machines have the latest cumulative updates installed? The black screen issue was apparently fixed with the last patch. I've found with all the latest updates applied the user profile error goes away. We had no major issues today too but tomorrow will be main big test when all years are back in.
  24. Yes today new staff member with password change on logon, the laptop then came to issue with no desktop as abaxter mentions above. Log out and back in and it's fine. I've seen the no desktop error a few times now and don't know if it's exactly to do with a password change but I've not seen it on laptops with all the latest updates. Am hoping a rebuild isn't needed and it's due to the missing updates.
×
×
  • Create New...