-
Posts
2,035 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by mullet_man
-
Pearson onscreen platform installation woes
mullet_man replied to IT_Man_Dan's topic in Educational Software
Thanks Dave. Fingers crossed you get it sorted, I know how stressful those exams can be. -
Pearson onscreen platform installation woes
mullet_man replied to IT_Man_Dan's topic in Educational Software
Just messaged you Dave. -
Pearson onscreen platform installation woes
mullet_man replied to IT_Man_Dan's topic in Educational Software
You need to press ALT+Shift+F12 and access the secret menu ( with the password, do you know it?) I think there you can choose configure and am sure can change the invigilator pc. -
No restrictions here, but staff know they aren't allowed to send all staff emails. We have a weekly bulletin for notices and staff know messages go in this.
-
What steps were needed to be removed?
-
Have you tried this? Looks like it's the same error you are experiencing? http://mickitblog.blogspot.co.uk/2016/05/windows-10-windows-could-not-parse-or.html?m=0
-
I am the same remove all apps that can be removed and then block the others with applocker. Just wondering if blocking certain apps break the start menu
-
Am not sure but it would be what I'd check next, have you imported drivers into MDT? I'd maybe tell your TS to not install drivers or if you have access VMware or Hyper V maybe try deploying to a test VM. Or even try a different machine. I had a strange issue when deploying windows 7 to Fuji machines where it would fail if I kept the same computer name, could never pin down what the exact problem was just had to make sure I removed the computer from AD if I needed to reimage. So i wouldn't rule anything out.
-
No idea what's happening. Is it a psychical machine or virtual your a testing with? Have you imported any 3 party drivers?
-
I've never deployed an OS only, always captured ones. But I guess it's worth a shot. Although the latest MDT doesn't even let you do a sysprep and capture due to a bug.
-
Ah OK I think this is your issue then. You need to open the WIM file in Windows System Image Manager and create a catalog file, but you'll need to do this on a 32bit machine with Windows System Image Manager installed on it, and make sure .clg file is saved in the same folder as your captured wim.
-
Is it 32bit or 64bit?
-
Have you deployed other versions or is the first? Never had that issue before.
-
They are created when the pupils login. Do you block any modern apps with applocker?
-
Have you got the very latest Windows ADK installed?
-
Am on local profiles, with redirected documents folder, desktop and start menu. With it giving up on admins who don't have redirected start menus am guessing it's not profile related.
-
Is anyone finding the start menu just refusing to work on machines? Its only on pupil machines, am not sure what it is that is breaking it. Re-image the machine, pefect working start menu a few weeks later get calls about start menu being broken. It doesn't even work for admins. Not sure if it's after updates? Online seems to point at applocker and blocking cortana. Other than the start menu issue I've had no other issues.
-
Windows 10 Education Version 1067 - no updates?
mullet_man replied to kennysarmy's topic in Windows 10
You've hit a known bug with Windows 10 WU and WSUS. You need to follow step 4 from this link, and import the latest Cumulative update into your MDT. http://deploymentresearch.com/Research/Post/540/Building-a-Windows-10-v1607-reference-image-using-MDT-2013-Update-2 That should fix the issue. -
[ms office - 2016] When to upgrade to Office 2016
mullet_man replied to kennysarmy's topic in Office Software
The UI changes are minimal, if you are moving from 2013 obviously. We moved most of the school baring some staff laptops in the summer to 2016 from 2013. I used SCCM and created a task sequence that uninstalled 2013 via the Office Scrub script and then installed 2016. To be honest it wasn't as smooth as I'd have liked, think some devices failed due to them having pending office updates/restarts. -
I had a similar issue recently, which was down to permissions. The drive would only appear on a restart, coming from sleep would lose connection. Check this link. https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/kb/2512089
-
Microsoft offers free Windows Server 2016 licenses to VMware switchers
mullet_man replied to FN-GM's topic in IT News
Ah OK. No worries I'll make sure I get prices. -
Microsoft offers free Windows Server 2016 licenses to VMware switchers
mullet_man replied to FN-GM's topic in IT News
@FN-GM out of interest how much does this add onto your EES? We already pay like £8000+ a year. I've just started the ball rolling with this, with the EES agreement if we add the licenses on this year then we don't start paying for them until next year if we've already paid for this years agreement? -
Yet again want to praise Gareth and Stuart for all their help getting all our requests sorted. Amazing support.
-
Agreed. Are the clients Windows 7? Often find it would take a good few mins at applying group policy files policy if a machine wasn't shut down correctly, although no where near 10 mins.
