Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Boredguy

Members
  • Posts

    4,103
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Boredguy

  1. Shame that's not a feature of our current filter provider unless we upgrade and change everyone password as it does not have proper AD integration Check Shucks, another thing that we wouldn't be able to do. If only I'd been allowed to change our provider *sigh*
  2. any cable that is not externally rated with have issues over time. Cat5e is fine for that distance upto 1Gb, just make sure it's external (normally in a nice thick black sleeve) and its best to put them either into a socket or patch panel as it can be a pain getting the RJ45 connector on them at times.
  3. That's just the Solus 3 installer, not SIMS/FMS installers.
  4. Our staff laptops update happily when they come in after I do an update, and you can also just click on the S3 agent on the station and tell it to check for updates... redeploy is not always required.
  5. Well my score of 16 isn't too bad I suppose.
  6. I think the steam has gone out of some of the posters.....
  7. Well I think it's a bit late as someone already derailed this thread
  8. That was an alternative current to his thought patterns
  9. I also watched Pixels this weekend... mainly as there was not much else on TV Friday night. Wasn't too bad but certainly not one that was worthy of a cinema release. Also watched Enders game and tbh I was glad when it ended.
  10. Plus he can't be grounded by his parents
  11. We've had to change it when renaming users who have gotten married otherwise 365 still expects them to login with their maiden name even though everything else has updated to their married name. Even though the UPN suffix is the same (although I admit the MS example above also changed the suffix as well as the initial username) you do sometimes need to perform this step. Maybe Azure AD sync does it now, but the previous version of DirSync never updated the logon name.
  12. Boredguy

    DiRT Rally

    Thrustmaster 300RS over here on the PC (although it is the PS3/PS4 version in case I want to do racing on one of them too) It is plunger compatible. For fellow PC players, there are car setups available via Steam Workshop if you've not yet had the fun of tweaking it to your own liking.
  13. Once you have changed the users details on the local network and it has synchronized with 365 do the following Login to 365 via powershell Set-MsolUserPrincipalName -UserPrincipalName [email protected] -NewUserPrincipalName [email protected] User can then login with their married name
  14. Boredguy

    DiRT Rally

    With controller, keyboard or wheel?
  15. Free to a good home, 1 technician with bad taste in puns. Does pay his own way.
  16. I've sent him out of the office as punishment
  17. no, no, no... I didn't let him have the Dell we just bought from you either
  18. We've been running it for over 15 years and it works. Not as fancy as Smoothwall, but also not as expensive. We have transparent proxy enabled so there so iPads etc all work happily (assuming users install the Google SSL certificate that is) Not tried the new version that has user level filtering, so still stuck on the previous single level filtering (although there is a bypass proxy you can set station to so staff can have an account to disable some of the filtering functionality for that browser session)
  19. Boredguy

    DiRT Rally

    Na, you'll still slide off in corners, especially in Wales
  20. Yes we got the same e-mail so I've pencilled it in for May half term since it should be straight forward enough
  21. Boredguy

    DiRT Rally

    It has Pikes Peak hill climb event, and some rally cross tracks. While it's ok to play with a controller, it's even more fun with a wheel as the amount of steering inputs you have to put in (even with the 1960's mini) gives you a workout by the end of the first stage
  22. Clients will only update once you deploy the SIMS update from Solus 3 to the server... you could have the files downloaded by S3 for a month before you choose to run the upgrade, and then the clients will pick it up
  23. See I've seen Kingsman twice now and tbh I never even noticed the section at the end as being a joke until you mentioned it.
  24. I copied the original XML file into a properly formatted version, then used a script to go through each entry and add the e-mail option, then converted it back into the XML format that Impero wanted, and imported that... needless to say that the Deputy Head in charge of the PROVENT now gets around 30 to 40 false positive e-mails a day from it *whistle*
  25. Wonder if there is much difference between the Beta version of the list and the final release, if so I should get round to upgrading. It was a pain the first time round adding the e-mail notification to each entry. Thankfully not had any issues with Impero v5.20.0 since we updated it in the half term, even with the server only having 2-3gb of Ram available instead of the 4Gb
×
×
  • Create New...