-
Posts
4,103 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by Boredguy
-
We installed the RSAT tool on the teachers workstations and created a MMC shortcut that was limited to the OU where the Controlled Assessment accounts are in the AD. We then deligated access rights within AD for enabling and disabling accounts to the specific teachers. It's worked well for the last few years.
-
Checked your Point and Print permissions as we had similar on our Windows 7 stations recently but updating the GPO fixed it
-
Alas no, they are people I've spoken to in chat while modding other twitch streams
-
I've got a few twitch followers and I don't even stream!
-
I would have thought something like https://www.amazon.co.uk/LiNKFOR-S-Video-Converter-Computer-Monitor-Black/dp/B071774TBV/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1504782290&sr=8-4&keywords=bnc+to+vga+converter is more what your after. It's similar to the BNC to VGA adaptor we had to get when our DVR decided to kill it's VGA output
-
Yes you can get BNC to VGA converters
-
I'd put my money on dead
-
Before I go and poke the SWGfL support team, has anyone else in the last week or two started getting security Alerts when launching Outlook client to connect to their Office 365 Tenancy? Seemed to co-inside with SWGfL updating their DNS hosting but all the records are coming back ok, but the certificate is not matching the autodiscover domain as expected.
-
Logically having staff users login with their fullname does not appear to be a good idea, but depends how the school wishes to interact with students (assuming OP is referring the staff and not just students) You can rename users in AD so you could create a powershell script to rename the accounts. If it's just referring to e-mail display names it depends on what system you are using. If it's gmail or Office365 that is AD synced then it should pick up the display name field which again is easy to alter via script.
-
We try to ensure that we have a seperate power circuit in new rooms for cleaners equipment/low level sockets so it does not effect the computer ring if something blows.
-
Things you haven't said/thought in quite some time...
Boredguy replied to Dos_Box's topic in General Chat
Yes no problem I keep a stock of bulbs equal to all the projectors in the school just so I can replace it in your classroom for the last week of term -
The graphics card is what normally defines which output is the primary one. The Activpanel is just a display device as far as Windows is concerned (or at least it is for our v4 panel)
-
To be honest, it's more of a windows/PC issue that the ActivBoard. Have you tried switching over which output from the PC goes to the board and which one goes to the monitor as one is always the default (which should be your primary display device)
-
Yep we have the cat5 running directly from the switch and I terminate straight to a RJ45. I've also put the gland on it so it has a waterproof cover over the connector as well as it being inside a waterproof housing @Jobos
-
I ordered some DS-1280ZJ-DM18 for the 2 domes that I've got to mount outside so that the rj45 connector is hidden under the camera itself, and protected by a 25mm round conduit from where it will come out the building and to the camera location the same as our security company did with our old analogue cameras
-
HTTP SSL Cerificate Error
Boredguy replied to Theldron's topic in Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall
@sadams1980 it is the SHA384 version of the SWGfL certificate you have installed isn't it? Are you using the User Based Filtering or still on the old single level filtering? -
well they've increased the length of the rear locating pins (and implimented a new headrest in the event of a race red flag) so should be ok for the rest of the season.
-
Customise Home Access Plus+ Text to School Name & Tabs
Boredguy replied to Whistler's topic in Home Access Plus+
I changed the Title via the strings.xml previously- 40 replies
-
- 1
-
-
- hap
- home access plus
-
(and 1 more)
Tagged with:
-
they are also going at lower speeds with a SC compared to the VSC which is just a series of "earliest time of arrival" indicators. Due to the length of the Le Mans track, most of the recovery this year was done using the the slow zone, with the SC only coming out over night due to gravel being dumped on the track and to ensure the safety of the cleaning crew. Even when they repaired the barriers it's was with a slow zone, as they have a maximum speed they can do instead of a time limit. It's certainly made F1 the talking point for the last week compared to normal you have to admit.
-
If they have to take equipment onto the track (to removed a stricken car) they have to do it under SC and not VSC.
-
Regardless of Vettel/Hamilton wheel banging, you have to admit that at least this years race at Baku had the excitement that we were hoping for last year.
-
Have your boss tell you all the good deals: Check!
-
Stephen Furst Dead At 63 After Animal House Actor Passes Away...
Boredguy replied to 6Foot2's topic in General Chat
They have all passed beyond the rim to join the other first ones on their journey -
Stephen Furst Dead At 63 After Animal House Actor Passes Away...
Boredguy replied to 6Foot2's topic in General Chat
As requested -
RM SafetyNet Filtering Price Increase
Boredguy replied to FragglePete's topic in South West Grid for Learning (SWGfL)
@FragglePete I know I'm a bit late to notice this, but the price hike was due to the fact we're all being moved to the User Based Filtering regardless so that users activities are logged (since the cheaper version only logged users site visit if they used the staff proxybypass, otherwise it was all anon.) I just got confirmation of when SWGfL want to remote connect to install the Unify client/password sync on the DC's during the holiday so it's already ready for users when they get back as I'd heard nothing since the initial letter back in March.
