-
Posts
1,891 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by tarquel
-
I may be way off here, but wouldnt you need to alter the mand profile in order to accomodate the changes for IE7? That would be my first port of call really. We have no issues like with any of our roaming profile users, but we dont have mand profiles so I'd guesstimate that this could be a point to look at. Nath.
-
sparkeh.... what agreement(s) were the currently licensing bought under? If its a mis-mash, and theres no real record, it may be advisable to either consider a School's agreement type of setup [as mentioned above] or buy a set of licenses (with or without SA) and keep a good record of it I guess.
-
Ditto. tbh I doubt anything else external to the machine would be causing it to reboot. Its most likely drivers, spyware, or something physically wrong with the machine thats the cause. Nath.
-
Adsiedit Overview: Active Directory (built in when your install the domain services role in 2008 i think - or something like that - fire a mmc console up and you should be able to find and add it ) Worth a look if you're careful to check some of the config. Nath.
-
An initial thought or two... a) is the alias and setup of that target users' mailbox / settings correct? b) are you getting disc space issues which are causing these periodic delivery options? i.e. the transport queue needs to have 4GB of space or odd things will happen. I would "assume" that this means 4GB of space at all times i.e. dont just leave 4GB space free on the disk that the queue is on. If you need to change the transport queue(s) to a different disk, take a look at the following: Unable to send mails through OWA on Exchange 2007. Hope it helps [i'll know more about all this quite soon - see my sig] Nath.
-
I'm fairly sure I remember something similar that happened with some of our systems [could even have been on a TS] but with IE6. From the distant memory in my head, it was something like VBA [the common runtime type thingy] needed reinstalling or a XML issue. Are you on about one machine, or multiple machines, and has something changed on your network recently that may have affected it? i.e. Group Policy etc Nath.
-
I would probably wager that they arent geared towards locked down user's, and most likely, arent designed with non-admin users in mind. As a start, try giving the install location INTERACTIVE = Full Control [you may need to use Everyone instead] permissions - along with any Application Data, and appropriate key in Local Machine & Current User registry hives. Nath.
-
Sounds like a NTFS [or SHARE permission] has changed for some reason at the root level of the share [or a folder within] and thus the prompting possibly Nath.
-
Running Microsoft Security Essentials [beta] with no probs. Glad to see the back of AVG Free since the bloating, although most home users I help out end up with it [which to be fair to it, is still pretty good for most people]. Also have the usual apps like Spybot & SpywareBlaster on the machine too. [on Win 7 RC, Vista and XP FYI ] Cheers Nath.
-
I suppose one question to ask to get more of a clearer view is how do you get users to map their home drive [whether it be a network share mapped to a drive letter or not]? If you dont use a logon script, check in case somehow someone has been able to do this without your knowledge. Also, even if its only specific machines [or not], its worth checking the various "startup" locations on the local machine to see if u can see anything that is there that shouldnt be. Cheers Nath.
-
um.... look at the appropriate Group(s) in Active Directory?
-
Plenty of posts on here about this really: This might help you out though: USB drive letter manager - USBDLM Nath.
-
Sometimes, the perms within it get a bit "borked" as I've found. If it doesnt self correct, I *believe* the agreement reseller should be able to help you....or the MS licensing team too possibly Nath.
-
Hi KWestos This is from a oldish School's Agreement doc, but I think [tho MS licensing does tend to change every now and then] it still applies: http://download.microsoft.com/download/4/e/3/4e3eace0-4c6d-4123-9d0c-c80436181742/OSLicQA.doc Although you already have the Schools Agreement, there's also this in the pipeline too it seems: Microsoft UK Education - Types of Educational Licence - SESP agreement A bit more info on it here: Microsoft UK Schools News Blog : UK Pilot of new Microsoft licensing scheme for schools To be 100% definate though, give either your MS Schools Agreement reseller a call, or call the MS Edu team on 0870 60 70 800 Hope that helps. Nath.
-
barney... it might be worth you getting a consultant in if you can to explain the options available to you. We'll be likely looking at some of the features that you mention in Exch 2007 so failing consultancy, stall them for a couple of months perhaps ;) Nath
-
Also... if the HDD isnt readable in another system, its feasible that the user has "somehow" used a boot CD / some install to encrypt the hard drive Nath.
-
SCCM is fun fun fun, and yes, along with some helpful guides over at windows-noob, its pretty easy to get your head around - if it dont work the first time, scrap the lot and set it up again For those thinking that SCCM is hard, try SCOM for a challenge of getting any info that you actually want out of it. For anyone that has, gimme a shout asap cheerz Nath.
-
Indeed... may well be a 5 day course but does seem steep for a educational price really. Nath.
- 12 replies
-
- configuration
- exchange 2007
-
(and 1 more)
Tagged with:
-
Indeedy Like when I did some Citrix PS courses...were very good, but dont exactly help us learn what to do when something goes wrong hehe and yes, Edugeek is the best of course P.S. if i dont reply, its because I'm AFK [obviously hehe - popping to the shop briefly] Nath.
- 12 replies
-
- configuration
- exchange 2007
-
(and 1 more)
Tagged with:
-
Yeah... setup Exchange 2003 in a different job [school IT tech ] about 4 years ago, but not having used it for ~2 years, kinda forgotten bits n bobs really, and we are needing to get it setup here pronto so if I can do without a course, that's preferable really The other difference is that when i setup Exchange 2003 back then, it was a single server affair [due to the domain size, requirements and funding available at the time] whereas this setup needs to be a multiple server setup i.e. a CAS/HT server and a MBX server with the db storage on a iSCSI drive [it will eventually be made into a CCR setup in the future - but im just trying to get my way around it as this two server test setup stands]. Probably should have explain this a bit better initally PS feel free to grab me on msn should it be easier ;) Nath.
- 12 replies
-
- configuration
- exchange 2007
-
(and 1 more)
Tagged with:
-
Hi James Thanks for the quick reply Probably a bit overkill for what I was after. Some of it I would already covered on the "overview training" that I had really, but thanks for info. With that course, it would be the configuration sections that I'd especially be interested in.... installing Exchange and fixing all the bits and bobs after a Best Practice Analyzer scan is simplez. Nath.
- 12 replies
-
- configuration
- exchange 2007
-
(and 1 more)
Tagged with:
-
Hi all Just a little question for you. Is there any worth to doing a Exchange 2007 training course that deals primarily with configuration? The reason I ask is that installing Exchange 2007 is pretty easy and with their Best Practices Analyzer tool, you can get pretty much everything as far as setup goes sorted, but where I'm a little worried is the actual config of Exchange goes i.e. how do I know if i configured everything correctly? are the send connectors setup correctly and do i really understand how they work? did i manage to move all the databases and files to the appropriate iSCSI storage places? etc, etc.. Naturally there is a wealth of info out there but I'm that sort of paranoid kind of person that makes me doubt whether everything I've setup is correct and safe from problems. I found this: MCTS: Microsoft Exchange Server 2007, Configuration - Microsoft Certification Training - SEEK Learning UK that looks to be the kind of thing that would echo what I was after. Has anyone been on one of these courses or anything similar? Was it worth doing? Incidentally, I've had a bit of training that covered the overall stuff i.e. various scenario's, do's and dont's and general stuff, but its the configuring side of things that I'd want to know whether its worth it [or not]. Cheers Nath.
- 12 replies
-
- configuration
- exchange 2007
-
(and 1 more)
Tagged with:
-
@Michael: FYI - Download details: Exchange Server 2007 SP2 Nath.
-
Installed on my Exch 2007 SP1 test bed I'd only just knocked up. The very last thing - one of the services didnt restart automatically - but that was a simple reboot of all the exchange boxes [a test bed so no one is using it but something to be mindful of if u attempt this on something live - probably best out of hours ] and it all came up nice. Yeah... sounds good dont it? Nath.
-
From what I gathered, they have "kind of" done away with Front End and Back End roles as such. There is a EDGE server that can be used in the DMZ, or I believe you can use a ISA server to act as a go between, or have a CAS server setup perhaps (thats just configured for OWA external access might do the trick). Unfortunately, my overview training is a little lost in my brain as it was a few months back now and I've had the pleasure of learning SCCM (and SCOM as far as setup goes) to deal with between the training and now I'm in the middle of setting up a Exchange 2007 setup right now - initially in a test lab to try and work out various configs and the like, before we go for the full monty. The install processes are really good - Best Practice Analyzer is a godsend too, that EVERYONE needs to run on their Exchange setup hehe The only thing I'm having issues with myself is the whole config side of things i.e. did i configure everything correctly, are the send connectors correct, did i manage to move all the databases to the appropriate iSCSI storage places, etc. Its those sorts of questions that make me wonder whether or not there is some course to learn the answers to the above questions really, and I guess that its the kind of questions you'd be asking in your mind too perhaps. EDIT: Started this thread that might be of help: http://www.edugeek.net/forums/windows/40609-exchange-2007-training-there-any-worth-doing.html Dont know if any of that helps at all. Nath.
