Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

tarquel

Members
  • Posts

    1,891
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by tarquel

  1. Not sure if we (me/mark) mentioned it before but we used to do this via the proxy setup on the 4-5 yr old ngfl email box we had (and still have in my case and a few others) back then. Painfully crap tho, altho it was useful for viewing content accessed - tho the logs were crap with displaying the time & date lol - but it was so slow when it got more and more used. Fun days those were lol Might be a idea again in the future, for checking content accessed and so on - as its a tad hard otherwise. Nath.
  2. Thanks geoff - every munchkin will be breaking everyones wifi neworks now lmfao N.
  3. agreed - thanks for that ric lol Knew i should have installed wins lol PS mark - the router/vpn unit will be happier with wins too. At least, my (trial) one implies that Nath
  4. hehe
  5. lol how true N.
  6. Who remembers Knightmare on ©ITV? I luved it and its still fun to watch lol Watching it right now (Challenge channel on Sky @ 4.30am Sat/Sun night) - fun for the insomniacs among us Nath.
  7. Glad we could be of service Cheers and all the best Nath. Chief Moral officer @ Edugeek (lol not )
  8. hehe I got me own keys :P But a damn good point nawbus - Its something I was discussing with the caretaker a few weeks ago - as the same goes for him too when its just him in the building. Clocking in system would be handy - doesn't have to incude times if your a dosser lol but a sign in and sign out would be good indeed. Hope your cctv got them nawbus Nath.
  9. Should that be "Tell a friend who's a fellow IT Techie in education"? cheers N.
  10. [option added = None] For those ppl who dont get paid enough and/or the school does have the £££ for you to go Regards N.
  11. Good to hear its going well mark DDS4 - DAT72 tapes currently. I need to work on the backup strategy a bit - along with everything else - but curriculum server is a change of tape mon-thurs [full backup of home & "pool" partitons] and admin just back's up the lot each day to the same tape lol [i switch tape config's periodically] Cheers N.
  12. Not that this helps ;) but didn't most old audio drivers - probably pre xp - have that sort of option? I think my creative SB one does at home lol Get a cheap creative card lol or Get a power surge 4-way extention block lmao Regards, Nath
  13. Nice theory. Would indeed be handy to know if this works. Just a shame it would put back all the junk onto the partiton. A digression (start another topic if you know the ansewr please) but would be nice if there is a (virtually) fully-proof way of getting everything off a 2003 AD and then after a fresh install of 2k3 (i.e. a UA 2003 CD install with hotfixes/SPs integrated) import the settings from the old setup? [sorry if that sounds confusing lol] Shame PQ's (now Symantec's) Drive Image / Partition Manager isn't compatible with 2k3 It was well handy on Server NT 4 Regards Nath
  14. Also.... and call me stupid, but is there also a way to get rid of the "Logon using a dialup connection" (or something similar) checkbox on that window? I'll make a adm for ya btw guys Done and done: I've also answered my own question too Have a look at this - I havent tried it yet so pls apply it on a test/single pc to see what you think It might also be of use to make sure the right domain is set as default. You could make up different GPO's with different settings and different rooms and all sorts lol Let me know what ya think too - any changes needed etc Note that the alt default domain does P.S. in a rar as adm ext's are not allowed btw Cheers, N. cust_domain_winlogon.rar
  15. If you've downloaded it already, do so again as the last one had a few temp and un-needed settings in it and stuff. Wont be any different functionality but the reg tweak had crappy settings in it - my early morning testing lol - shouldn't cause any probs but get the newer build I've just uploaded to be sure Cheers Nath
  16. Just so you all know, you can get AR 7.0.3 repacked and automated from my site Check the sig for logon details [yes, I've not long finished making, testing and uploading it to the site lol *points at the time of post* hehe ] Cheers N. PS Theres a adm on appdeploy's website I believe for preventing updates etc that someone had made, tho this one *should* not detect any I think - tho i cant say for multiple users ....yet
  17. completely missed the main chat on his lol @mark - u driving? ;) School wont pay for squat but even so - I'm up for it. Did I miss the LAN party bit? ;) Definately stay-the-night job Anyday in the half-term hol will be fine i think PS @ russ - u might want to add a "cant make it option - its too far away for me" to see whether people are prepared to travel that far. Cheers Nath
  18. hey hey I'll give ya a game alan-d xfire = username: tarquel same in COD too Be on a bit later - havent played it for ages Nath
  19. Good plan - was gonna do the same myself but a colaborative effort will be better no doubt An app that you dont need any dependancies would be useful i.e. a single .exe file would be indeal with perhaps a .ini-style config file that allows you to change paths in it to suit your setup - if you see what I mean You could then have it on a flash drive or network share - anywhere theoretically Ideas for content in it I'll keep thinking of tho Cheers Nath
  20. [sorted mark] Strickly non-term time, tho I havent really asked about it properly hehe Cheers N.
  21. wireless? whats that? lol seriously tho, currently no demand for wireless here, but will mac filter when the time comes as there wont be many laptops/desktops attached wirelessly and the locals would know how to packet capture, let alone do anything with the packets so that aint a prob cheers N.
  22. Is that sarcasm or is it true? lol Much of a load on the system on a 2k3 server? N.
  23. 98 / XP (more XP than 98 atm ) = w/s 2003 and one 2k = server N.
  24. indeed - it could be alot easier to installer to deploy (at least, this is what I'm hoping - not that I'll get to do it for ..oooo... about 4 years when we have enough licenses of it to make deployment setup worthwhile hehe) Nath.
  25. tarquel

    WSUS experiences

    I assume you do know that (apparently) the firewall included with 2k3 SP1 is on by default if you install 2003 with SP1 slipstreamed, where-as it isnt enabled after installing SP1 on a existing 2003 install..? Just a thought to why Attempt 1 didnt work Cheers N.
×
×
  • Create New...