Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

tarquel

Members
  • Posts

    1,891
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by tarquel

  1. Handy to know - thanks russ N.
  2. [sticky'd] Nice one ajbritton Good to see another msfn user on here [aka it_ybd = me] Alot of sites familar to me on your list - been peeking at my favourites list? Cheers N.
  3. Yep, I've installed it in the past. Oddly, i havent needed to on all machines. Think it was just on the 2k3 servers as i recall - but it was last year i think so my mind is a little fuzzy here Cheers, N.
  4. lol - i think spliting was easier than that Regards, N.
  5. Should change this to a different topic btw ppl Technet subscription discussion now lol N.
  6. With 2000 now pretty-much discontinued, I would suggest everyone (where possible) upgrade to Server 2003 really. Regards, Nath.
  7. Presumably you mean you dont allow any "roaming" profiles? I cant think of a way to do it off-hand except have a list on a internal website as I mention. Cheers N.
  8. You got a msdn/technet subscription? Wowser I gotta get a new job lol Nath.
  9. I (should when it turns up) be getting the beta of visual studio 2005 soon, but cant fork out (surprise surprise) to buy a Visual Studio license. I got VB 6 Pro nice 'n' legally tho lol [400th post yay!] Cheers Nath.
  10. Alot of stuff that the SMT knows about, then a whole host of stuff that they wouldn't even fathom (if thats how its spelt lol) Nath.
  11. 26 soon, but voted 25 ...cause I'm just so keen on being honest lol Regards N.
  12. Nice one Ric - I'll give that a go sometime [like everything else I'll "give a go soon" hehe ] Ta, Nath.
  13. I was gonna suggest IRM but ya beat me to it - not hard as i cant access edugeek at work atm [ ;) @ mark] I'll give you a hand mark as soon as I finish off the setup of the helpdesk webserver Nick seems to think its dead easy to setup, so we should be fine Hope theres a upgrade option for v1.x to version 2 Ric Regards Nath
  14. To those that do use Bromcom, have you setup a vpn for Bromcom support/helpdesk, and if so, does the vpn connection you've setup require them to use a VPN client piece of software? I highly doubt they are gonna want to use the VPN user client i have to use to access the school network [woot woot - cant believe it works btw ] Regards Nath
  15. I guess tho, that the good thing about limiting login is that if someone else is logged in to a users account, then the user who holds the account wont be able to log in lol ITs going to be especially useful when teachers logon for kids - for whatever reason (yes yes, i do tell them not to, but then again, who am i to tell them anything? lol) Cheers Nath
  16. ditto... Cheers, Nath
  17. You could allow them to create their own favourites in their own profiles and have GP add a default list (but not remove existing ones - or their saved ones will disappear I'd think ) or just have a useful links section on a internal webserver / school website Regards, N.
  18. Not that I know of Anyone managed to get VNCon to work through a Remote VPN connection? [yes mark - got it to work about an hour ago Gonna work from home tomorrow afternoon ] Regards, N.
  19. [split thread - moved vnc/remote desktp discussion to new topic] http://www.edugeek.net/index.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=310 Cheers, N.
  20. lmao I gotta try this one *slaps himself for not coming up with that sooner* A bit of tweaking I shall do tho Need to sort out my logon scripts anyhow Will let ya know if i come up with any improvements to this Cheers Nath
  21. http://unattended.msfn.org/ ...but it all depends how you are gonna use the source remember Nath
  22. lol @ Ric... ...you have spare machines that you can use for a test network?? Throw a few my way Nath
  23. This is exactly what I was getting at with having roaming profiles :) ...so that if a user messes up his/her settings, its only their profile that they will effect. (Laptop's included ) Cheers Nath
  24. You are sooooooo right DB cudn't agree more Its exactly how I felt when I was learning the basics Still learning as always Nath
  25. hmmmm looks like mixed views here. I cant say for sure what the teachers these days should be doing regarding discipline - only that I wish they would have "some" control on the pupils they teach. I thought this would be in their training surely lol Maybe its another role they aren't allowed to do anymore (joking btw) Whether we can or cant shouldnt matter - its whether we should have to do it is more the point lol Cheers Nath
×
×
  • Create New...