-
Posts
13,085 -
Joined
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by X-13
-
You can act like the cool guy when you can do O&S solo without a shield. Where are you [both] up to?
-
-
Dubstep Song of Storms is awesome.
-
One VeryPC branded voltron coming up... possibly.
-
Really? Have you already forgotten what they tried to pull with the Xbone?
-
TBH, I can barely remember what happened with secure boot. I do remember a lot of *nix devs were annoyed with it. It involves a threat, but not always of violence.
-
Secure boot so you can't boot to anything other than Windows unless Microsoft allow your keys. [iIRC, these discussions WERE a year ago.] Microsoft accounts so you have to have a persistent internet connection. Subscriptions for the OS so you have to continuously pay to use things you've bought, for no reason. Don't pay, nothing works. Totally no extortion.
-
Windows subscription? Mmmmmm.... nope. Sticking with 8.1, if it's all the same. I'm not having my computers becoming unusable because I didn't keep up with their demands. Also, isn't this basically extortion?
-
I have a Dell Latitude D630 sitting in my office... I think I just found a use for it.
-
IIRC the last one I saw was a kid claiming to be in a boarding school asking how to bypass restrictions to watch "adult entertainment". Was pretty easy to figure out where it was... it's the only boarding school in that area.
-
This actually brings up a point... What are people's stances on "heads up" emails? I've seen a few threads like this across the internet and I've been tempted to shoot off an email [from my work account] to let the school know.
-
Show him that link. Tell him you were serious. £4k per robut, per class, 1-off < £Teacher, per year, until they leave. Double it for a TA-bot/spare and you're still saving money. Hire a couple more techs for teacher repairs... STILL saving money in the long run.
-
I dare you to put something in about replacing teaching staff with robots. Welcome to Nao, your robot teacher - Telegraph
-
This needs to be a thing.
-
I've also seen a petition to remove 50 shades of grey and for Target to change its name because violence. Also: "We don't want to take your games away, we just want [thing that already exists]" "We're not Jack Thompson" Petitions to have GTA removed from sale. LITERALLY what Jack Thompson did. Le EDIT: Just seen on teh twittars "Target needs to stop selling Mario" petition.
-
Took ages to load... and I'm getting 3 fps. I've got no way of choosing which gpu to use...
-
Google Moving to SSL Searches
X-13 replied to Boredguy's topic in Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall
Just did a quick google search, it's not HTTPS... RM Safetynet is still triggering as well. [Google images "bloop"... not sure WHY it's getting flagged.] -
Downloading it now. [5 minutes remain.] Le EDIT: Loading it, it doesn't like switching to a different window when it's in fullscreen...
-
This is dumb... I love it. ^__^
-
I was expecting a Simpsons reference... I was pleasantly surprised.
-
True... may be time for Coffee 3:The reawakening. Also, I'm trapped in TVTropes now. No work is getting done today.
-
That's the joke.
-
Profile says they're 16, providing it's accurate. Le EDIT: Saying that... If it IS accurate, I'm worried for future generations. Problem: Unable to access network drives. Other information: Administrator account used for credentials. Access denied error message. Permissions issue. Diagnosis: That account doesn't have access to the network drives. Other credentials are needed. It aint rocket surgery.
-
-
