Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

X-13

Members
  • Posts

    13,085
  • Joined

Everything posted by X-13

  1. The WTF factor was doubled after all this talk I've seen about how touchscreens are cheaper... ATM [with correct lamp life] I'm looking at around £900+ every 4 years for projectors. [~£675 is just the lamp cost] Jesus Christ... Factor in the amps, DVD players and whatnot... yeah, I can see touchscreens are so much cheaper.
  2. I know. The site I was using for reference put 3000, but i couldn't read it properly. Sometimes I can't parse properly if the same thing is repeated multiple times.
  3. I noticed afterwards.
  4. I'm trying to work out a legit cost-over-lifetime comparison between projector+IWB and touchscreens, it isn't going so well... Lamp life: 30k hours Assuming 7am - 5pm usage [i've seen them still on at 5pm] 10 hours per day. 50 per week. ~2050 hours per year. (per week * 52) - (per week * 11) [it's about 11 weeks off, if I've counted right.] 1 lamp should last around 14 - 15 years. This HAS to be wrong... Le EDIT: Just realised the error. 3k lifespan, not 30k. I can't read things properly... especially if the same thing is repeated [like a string of zeros.]
  5. How long before loads of people are complaining that they can't post at all without it thinking they're drunk...
  6. X-13

    BETT it is!

    SHODAN Sympathiser is, and always will be, the best job title. GLaDOS Wrangler is equally awesome.
  7. X-13

    BETT it is!

    "once". You've done it twice so far. Apparently, you can't keep your hands off of me.
  8. X-13

    BETT it is!

    I'm fine with this.
  9. X-13

    BETT it is!

    Can confirm.
  10. X-13

    BETT it is!

    TFL decided to be bros. I'm sure you could if you really wanted to. Step up your game, son.
  11. X-13

    BETT it is!

    FTFY.
  12. X-13

    BETT it is!

    My body is ready. I'll guide your hips into life. Also I get a bus. Takes ages. Do you think we'd be allowed to go if there was a fee? Pizza, beer, jokes, magic tricks...
  13. I know... it's just hard to get people to see further than the initial price tag.
  14. From the future, in a TV show from the past, presently being pushed in education [for no raison]. The time stream done bork'd.
  15. .
  16. Actually... It's about humour in forum posts.
  17. That's no moon...
  18. hmm... sound like we're currently at where a lot of you are aiming for.
  19. Personally, I'm looking at interactive tech. Giant screens and whatnot... or I was until I saw the prices.
  20. After chatting with some teachers about what they need want in their classes [if I hear the word "iPad" one more time, I'm likely to do something naughty...], it got me thinking about upgrades. We, as far as I know, don't have any sort of development plan for IT. So, in true Bond villain style... Tell me your plans!
  21. *PC Mustard Rice.
  22. apng. But you've probably never heard of that.
  23. What? It's got Christmas in the title, it's a Christmas film. Deal with it.[/8BitGlasses]
  24. But uploaded it to imgur instead of just attaching it...
  25. You should totally buy it though.
×
×
  • Create New...