Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

X-13

Members
  • Posts

    13,085
  • Joined

Everything posted by X-13

  1. You can act like the cool guy when you can do O&S solo without a shield. Where are you [both] up to?
  2. Here you go. Really bad VeryPC Voltron.
  3. Dubstep Song of Storms is awesome.
  4. One VeryPC branded voltron coming up... possibly.
  5. Really? Have you already forgotten what they tried to pull with the Xbone?
  6. TBH, I can barely remember what happened with secure boot. I do remember a lot of *nix devs were annoyed with it. It involves a threat, but not always of violence.
  7. Secure boot so you can't boot to anything other than Windows unless Microsoft allow your keys. [iIRC, these discussions WERE a year ago.] Microsoft accounts so you have to have a persistent internet connection. Subscriptions for the OS so you have to continuously pay to use things you've bought, for no reason. Don't pay, nothing works. Totally no extortion.
  8. Windows subscription? Mmmmmm.... nope. Sticking with 8.1, if it's all the same. I'm not having my computers becoming unusable because I didn't keep up with their demands. Also, isn't this basically extortion?
  9. X-13

    Spare Laptops

    I have a Dell Latitude D630 sitting in my office... I think I just found a use for it.
  10. IIRC the last one I saw was a kid claiming to be in a boarding school asking how to bypass restrictions to watch "adult entertainment". Was pretty easy to figure out where it was... it's the only boarding school in that area.
  11. This actually brings up a point... What are people's stances on "heads up" emails? I've seen a few threads like this across the internet and I've been tempted to shoot off an email [from my work account] to let the school know.
  12. Show him that link. Tell him you were serious. £4k per robut, per class, 1-off < £Teacher, per year, until they leave. Double it for a TA-bot/spare and you're still saving money. Hire a couple more techs for teacher repairs... STILL saving money in the long run.
  13. I dare you to put something in about replacing teaching staff with robots. Welcome to Nao, your robot teacher - Telegraph
  14. This needs to be a thing.
  15. I've also seen a petition to remove 50 shades of grey and for Target to change its name because violence. Also: "We don't want to take your games away, we just want [thing that already exists]" "We're not Jack Thompson" Petitions to have GTA removed from sale. LITERALLY what Jack Thompson did. Le EDIT: Just seen on teh twittars "Target needs to stop selling Mario" petition.
  16. Took ages to load... and I'm getting 3 fps. I've got no way of choosing which gpu to use...
  17. Just did a quick google search, it's not HTTPS... RM Safetynet is still triggering as well. [Google images "bloop"... not sure WHY it's getting flagged.]
  18. Downloading it now. [5 minutes remain.] Le EDIT: Loading it, it doesn't like switching to a different window when it's in fullscreen...
  19. This is dumb... I love it. ^__^
  20. I was expecting a Simpsons reference... I was pleasantly surprised.
  21. True... may be time for Coffee 3:The reawakening. Also, I'm trapped in TVTropes now. No work is getting done today.
  22. That's the joke.
  23. Profile says they're 16, providing it's accurate. Le EDIT: Saying that... If it IS accurate, I'm worried for future generations. Problem: Unable to access network drives. Other information: Administrator account used for credentials. Access denied error message. Permissions issue. Diagnosis: That account doesn't have access to the network drives. Other credentials are needed. It aint rocket surgery.
  24. It looks like you're mad. Y U mad tho?
  25. It looks like you're trying to make a joke. Would you like some help with that?
×
×
  • Create New...