Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

X-13

Members
  • Posts

    13,085
  • Joined

Everything posted by X-13

  1. So £119 and £199.
  2. X-13

    Gaming Chat

    .
  3. I'm pretty sure it's a violation of copyright laws. [iANAL] Point them to FilmClub I don't think so... but I think we've been having this discussion for years. [we = edugeek]
  4. X-13

    Gaming Chat

    ^ This. [Though I never really had a problem with the Water Temple.] And if you're grabbing the 3DS remakes, get Majora's Mask as well.
  5. I'm considering a SSD for my laptop [relegating the HDD to a pure storage drive] and thought about capturing the current installation so I don't have to faff aboot reinstalling everything I want. I've got a 2TB external HDD I use for backups [as/when I remember to do them] that I was planning to use to store the image. Planning to use a WinPE boot disk and DISM. Does anyone do this?
  6. X-13

    Gaming Chat

    Tom Nook. I think they toned it down in New Leaf, but yeah... he's basically a loan-shark in the other games. Pok?mon / Nightmare Fuel - TV Tropes
  7. X-13

    Gaming Chat

    Enforced slave labour to pay off a loan-shark [or loan-racoon]
  8. X-13

    Gaming Chat

    Last game I bought: Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus "Let's get physical" edition. [uS import... come on, customs. ] Last game I completed: Infamous: Second Son... I think. I have a bad habit of getting super in to a game, then dropping it near the end.
  9. I have a VeryPC Broadleaf pimpdaddyextreme. [Can't remember the actual name...] i7-3770, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HDD running 8.1 Pro. With a 27" 1080p and 19" 900p display. [Actual area 3360x1080, minus blank spots.]
  10. From the looks of it, we have everything installed from Office 2013... [Yet another thing I'm possibly going to have to sort out] From what I can see, though, all we need is Word, Excel and Powerpoint. We're a Primary school though, so your YMMV.
  11. Yeah, I've noticed that here. It's fun to wind up the art teacher by saying she should use the graphics tablets in class.
  12. Send 'em this. Principle of least privilege - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Side note: I always say "doctrine" instead of "principle"... I dunno why.
  13. I do a bit of informal training as/when people have specific problems. Basically, I get THEM to do it while I'm there directing them. Instead of doing it for them, like they sometimes seem to expect. Ayyyy! I said that! ^__^
  14. ^ These are the ones that annoy me the most. Many a time I've had a quick 5 minute fix turned into something that takes hours to fix [or needs a complete reimage] because they started messing around with things they don't understand. Not having confidence and being scared can be fixed with support and training.
  15. Remote access with heavy authentication requirements. Because one does not simply walk into Mordor.
  16. It looks fine here as well... Have you tried it when you're not logged into bing?
  17. I just got mine... do the old emails still work? I don't think I've gotten any from you guys since the name change.
  18. The "W" stands for something we can't say here.
  19. Nobody had heard of iPhones before 2006 [release was 2007, allowing 1 year for leaks] Therefore iPhones don't real. Checkmate, snooty hipsters.
  20. BatDadBlake. 50 Shades of Tory. EduGeek Jobs [is there a twitter account for that?] Anti-Bully ranger.
  21. Slightly related:
  22. [h=2]o(╥﹏╥)o[/h]
  23. (ง ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)ง ヽ༼ಢ_ಢ༽ノ☂
  24. Spiceworks... Update: removing "Deny log on through Terminal Services" doesn't change anything... The local security settings on the laptop change to allow/deny TS login, but the local login one doesn't change. What a mysterious jogo. Update 2 - The Updatening: Found out what it was... conflicting GPOs. Whoever thought it was a good idea to split standard computer configs into personal/shared - laptop/desktop/tablet needs to be taken out back. Cthulhu's sake... Now I gotta decide if I can be bothered to re-do GPOs in a sensible way.
  25. Not yet, I wanted both... it has to have domain admin rights to work properly. Which, now that I think of it, could be the problem...
×
×
  • Create New...