-
Posts
241 -
Joined
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by badders
-
Not now, I've removed them all apart from one range of 254 addresses, which still leaves of 1500 addresses available.
- 12 replies
-
- blue exclamation
- dhcp
-
(and 1 more)
Tagged with:
-
It's now back to the blue exclamation, anybody have any ideas of what else I can try?
- 12 replies
-
- blue exclamation
- dhcp
-
(and 1 more)
Tagged with:
-
Just deleted some exclusion ranges and stopped and restarted DHCP again and now have a nice green tick, still not sure why I didn't when the exclusion ranges were present. I might try re-adding the exclusions and see if it breaks again.
- 12 replies
-
- blue exclamation
- dhcp
-
(and 1 more)
Tagged with:
-
There were a few bad_addresses but only about 5 or 6. There are plenty of ip addresses still available, 617 used 1687 available.
- 12 replies
-
- blue exclamation
- dhcp
-
(and 1 more)
Tagged with:
-
We have a strange problem with our DHCP server (Server 2008 R2), in the DHCP console the IPv4 icon is displaying a blue circle with an exclamation mark. According to Microsoft this means that our scope is fully used up, but looking at the statistics 73% of addresses are available. I've stopped and restarted the DHCP service on the server but it has mad eno difference. Is there anything else I can try?
- 12 replies
-
- blue exclamation
- dhcp
-
(and 1 more)
Tagged with:
-
We're looking at replacing our old CCTV system with a new IP based sytem, can anybody recommend any suppliers or installation companies in the north west? We're looking at a 32 camera system using indoor and outdoor cameras with motion detection, would prefer low light/night cameras and would need a storage server for the recorded footage.
- 2 replies
-
- cctv
- installation
-
(and 2 more)
Tagged with:
-
We have several Canon copiers and I'm trying to setup scan to email on them, this worked fine with a iR1133iF all I had to do was enter the ip of the mail server (exchange 2007), but when trying to setup the same function on the other copiers (iR-ADV-8085,iR-ADV-6065i and iR-ADV-C5030i) I cannot get it working. If I check the logs I can see error #752 which I think is related to SMTP. I am able to ping the mail server from the various copiers. Has anybody else managed to configure these or similar models to scan to email.
-
We've used KPMS for spare remotes, prices vary on the models required but the ones we purchased did the job.
-
If the user locks the PC then clicks the ease of access icon in the bottom left hand corner, they can then untick any of the settings and apply then log back on. Sometimes the settiings need to be selected and then unselected before they appy.
-
Windows 7 32 bit Driver for HP Colour Laser Jet 3600
badders replied to speckytecky's topic in Windows 7
We've also had problems with these printers and Windows 7, and we're slowly replacing them. We have got them working by using the Vista drivers and not setting them to mono but we still sometimes have the odd problem. -
We have just purchased a Thecus 1U4600R and need to know which link aggregation type to use. These are the options available Load Balance/Fail-over/Balance-XOR/802.3ad/Balance-TLB/Balance-ALB. It is currently plugged into a Netgear GS724TP which has been configured with a Link Aggregated Group of two ports. Will one of the options provide load balance and failover?
-
We have 30 Terminal Server/RDS CAL's for our current terminal server (2008) and will be building a new terminal server (2008 R2)during summer, can these licences be migrated or do we need R2 licences?
-
Showing user profile sizes without taking ownership
badders replied to Pyroman's topic in Windows Server 2000/2003
Don't think there's any way to access the current profiles and keep the permissions, but there is a group policy setting for newly created profiles located at Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\System\User Profiles "Add the Administrators security group to the roaming user profile share". -
We use GPP for all our network printers and have a delete line that is applied before the printers are reconnected depending on the targeting used. Been using it for XP for the last year with no problems, just about to move to W7 and so far that has been fine aswell using the same method.
-
While updataing one of our ESX hosts the updates failed and the host now doesn't boot. The only way to fix it is a fresh install from CD, I've heard that in the next version of vsphere ESX hosts will no longer be supported and this seems like a good opportunity to start migrating. Should I install ESX or ESXi? VCenter is currently at release 4.1.0 258902.
-
Anybody having any email problems with CLEO today?
-
I backup to a couple of external hard drives. One is just a copy not stored on the PC but kept at home, the other I keep at work.
-
Default Save As location for applications other than Office...
badders replied to kennysarmy's topic in Windows 7
I've been looking at this aswell, just set H:\ and when clicking File\Open or Save As in worpad/notepad it seems to work ok. -
Think I'll get a w7 vm installed and start looking at how the current GPO's apply and then create duplicates and tweak.
-
We will hopefully be moving to Windows 7 workstations in the summer, has anybody got any tips on the best way to create the GPO's for W7 workstations. Can we just use the exisiting XP GPO's or is it best to duplicate the GPO's with WMI filtering for the different OS's, checking which of the XP GPO settings will no longer apply to W7. Thanks.
-
Recall message works for messages sent to a distribution group, used it last night for the first time.
-
Who uses what proxy server inside their network?
badders replied to DCS's topic in Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall
Smoothwall UTM-1000 and Smoothwall Express for guest wireless. -
The problem is that they haven't been taught how to use Outlook, if they suddenly had to use it in an exam they may panic a bit.
