-
Posts
678 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by RobD
-
Microsoft Direct Access stuck on connecting
RobD replied to swarohi's topic in Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall
This is pretty interesting: https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/ripom/2014/07/25/direct-access-status-always-connecting-on-windows-8/- 7 replies
-
- direct access
- directaccess
-
(and 3 more)
Tagged with:
-
Microsoft Direct Access stuck on connecting
RobD replied to swarohi's topic in Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall
Its either not building the DA tunnels or DA is actually working in the background and the probe that tells the NCA is just failing. If DirectAccess is actually not working, then try a reboot or restart the IP Helper service on the client computer. Also a hotfix for Windows server 2012 R2: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2883952- 7 replies
-
- direct access
- directaccess
-
(and 3 more)
Tagged with:
-
I was just about to suggest some Powershell instead: Install-WindowsFeature -Name UpdateServices -IncludeManagementTools WsusUtil.exe PostInstall CONTENT_DIR=C:\WSUS
-
I used to package in my last job until i found PDQ Deploy.
-
I like this, You could run a scheduled task to watch for the "network link is disconnected" event (on my laptop its event 27 in system) which in turn runs a batch script (or something else) to lock the computer: rundll32.exe user32.dll, LockWorkStation or pops up a message start "" cmd /c "echo Hello world!&echo(&pause"
-
Are they wireless phones or wired phones? If you're using Cisco kit then you could try some auto QoS.
-
These are patches released for wannacry: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/security/ms17-010.aspx
-
Server Patching - Schedules & Automatic Reboots
RobD replied to CyBeRkId2002's topic in How do you do....it?
We patch most of our servers (few hundred) using a similar method to this: WSUS – Auto Patching Servers | Tech Blog -
I use these guys (UK based) and are pretty good: https://krystal.co.uk/
-
If its not the ISP (probably is) then what about your firewall? Does it not handle multiple TCP connections to a single IP well??
-
I love LanSweeper, we often use it on PCs we're about to migrate to our domain after we've bought a company (private sector) so we know how they'll aline with our corporate standards...Deployment works after quite a bit of fiddling but isnt as good and easy as PDQ Deploy (or SCCM I guess).
-
What I would do then is turn the PC's off, remove them from DHCP (and anything else in the scope) then turn them on in the order you want then reserve them as they the IP.
-
Reserve them in DHCP i.e. let them get an IP then reserve them.
-
I really must buy one, anyone know the delivery times?
-
CCNA routing and switching was the best course I've ever done and for me one of the more difficult. I'd recommend anyone in IT do it regardless if you use cisco kit or not.
-
What did you do after leaving Educational IT Support?
RobD replied to flyinghaggis's topic in General Chat
There's definitely life after Education and actually having a broad skill set put me in really good stead for jobs in the private sector. I've worked in Education twice, once for a school near the beginning of my career and once as a contractor via a company who works closely with Schools and I find the tools you use in Schools is almost the same as large private companies just on a different scale. I currently work for a massive corporate which is a world away from a School, they invest heavily in IT, and I couldn't see myself going back to Education although I do miss the two course lunches. -
For the same reason as Google Drive, Windows 7 or 10 isn't designed for file sharing on a large scale. Also I believe there's a limit to the number of concurrent connections, 10 maybe?
-
A few years ago I used to work with Extreme switches, I believe they were a spin off from Cisco so the commands etc are really similar but I've no idea on cost sorry. Extreme Networks ? Connect Beyond The Network
-
This makes me so sad.
-
I love them...especially home made ones. Send some over!
-
Happy St David's day!! I'm celebrating by eating welsh cakes in front of my English overloads.
-
No dont, start it now as you're learning. Everything you learn then check how you'd PS it!!
-
I actually quite like Dell Sonicwalls but I may be the only person.......Juniper are awesome but confusing.
-
If they had dual screen input I'd definitely use them.
