-
Posts
678 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by RobD
-
Everyone should encrypt their laptops. The whole disk is encrypted and the keys stored in RAM, the files are unencrypted on the fly. Passwords are cached locally as are security tokens so you could in theory remove a disk from a laptop and try and extract passwords. Test, take the heads disk out and see what info you can get off it.
-
Always on VPN - Device Tunnel Auto-Connection
RobD replied to Manny-Tech's topic in Windows Server 2019
It'll be the client, try hot spotting from your mobile. -
This says you can do it: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/client-management/mdm/enroll-a-windows-10-device-automatically-using-group-policy
-
If its P2P traffic as the MS link above suggests then do you dont need a bigger internet pipe. Setup a vlan, setup QoS via a GPO for the windows clients, set up QoS on the switches (depending on the brand you could use autoqos if you use standard qos ef and af), give it a test with iperf and by making some p2p calls. Remeber QoS only kicks in when it needs too and doesnt work over the internet (as at hop the a router could drop the QoS/queuing tag, the internet is more a best effort).
-
I bet its the translation from IPv6 to IPv4 and ipv6 addresses that causing an issue, we have the same issues with sccm remote client. Check this out: https://www.itexperience.net/2017/01/16/enable-remote-management-remote-desktop-rdsrdp-and-eventviewer-eventvwr-for-direct-access-clients/
-
Its designed to work with intune i.e. device is delivered to a user at home, user logs on with school/corp account, laptop is joined to azure, computer "gets ready" and intune delivers apps and policies. I've not done it but its meant to be very good although intune isnt as complete as Group Policy and SCCM (yet). You'll need to ensure you have itune licences. Info: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/business/manage-windows-devices?view=o365-worldwide
-
I'd do this, otherwise as other have said, veeam or turn off the VMs and move the files over.
-
I use krystal for my hosting, £40 a year. Been very happy with them, good support. I'd get email as it always looks good on advertising etc. I'd build with wordpress, dead easy.
-
Yep, the clients are basically on the network. Have you seen this, SCCM over the internet https://www.systemcenterdudes.com/internet-based-client-management/
-
Its not too bad if you take your time. This is good: https://www.petenetlive.com/KB/Article/0001399
-
You could stick in a Always On VPN and just use a device tunnel. Then use the rules on the xml to just allow access to SCCM server and AD??
-
Hello, Been doing some online training for Azure Fundermentals today and found out you can get a free exam voucher if you go on a "Microsoft Azure Virtual Training Day Fundamentals" virtual event: https://azure.microsoft.com/en-ca/community/events/ The free training I've been using is here: https://www.udemy.com/course/microsoft-azure-fundamentals-training-bootcamp/ I've actually got a lot out of this course. Rob
-
[1809, ou] Mapped Drives are hit and miss after connecting to the VPN
RobD replied to Silica's topic in Windows 10
Change the refresh time of the GPOs? https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/previous-versions/windows/it-pro/windows-server-2003/cc758898(v=ws.10)?redirectedfrom=MSDN -
[1809, ou] Mapped Drives are hit and miss after connecting to the VPN
RobD replied to Silica's topic in Windows 10
Put a batch scipt on their desktop (that runs gpupdate) and if they dont have drives then they double click the script. -
[1809, ou] Mapped Drives are hit and miss after connecting to the VPN
RobD replied to Silica's topic in Windows 10
I'd say this is a GPO syncing issue. I.e. you connect to the VPN then 15 mins later the GPO updates and boom you have your drives. How are you delivering the VPN? Can you run a script post connect to gpupdate? -
From that screen you have three addresses to give out, 171 to 173. I think 192.168.8.168 is just the broadcast address, i.e. it wont use it but thats where addresses start from i.e. 192.168.8.168/30 or /29.
- 1 reply
-
- 1
-
-
- remote access
- rras
-
(and 2 more)
Tagged with:
-
If you're going to the effort then I'd put a printer vlan in too. Dont forget IP helpers and new DHCP scopes.
-
Have you enabled split tunneling on DA? I.e. force all work traffic over the DA tunnel and then everything else just goes local. Its what I'm doing, seems ok.
-
With DA, you do need IPv6 support on either end of the communication, but the network in the middle can be IPv4. Some of our services dont support IPv6 so we had to give users VPN as well.
-
Test the network itself by running iperf: iPerf | Tech Blog That way you could potentially narrow the issue down. Also I've had issues in the past with indexing on the file servers.
-
WSUS Server Clean Up Wizard Crashes - Reset server node?
RobD replied to abillybob's topic in Windows Server 2012
If you copy to clipboard what does the error say? You can re-index the db: https://gallery.technet.microsoft.com/scriptcenter/6f8cde49-5c52-4abd-9820-f1d270ddea61 You could clear off old updates using a script: https://bohemiangrove.co.uk/wsus-update-services-error-connection-error/ Or the error may come from a duff bios from a machine: https://bohemiangrove.co.uk/wsus-error-unexpected-error/ -
Free version of PDQ running from any old pc will do as long as you have admin credentials for the remote machines.
-
For blocks of text I use a add on in FF to read the text out to me, that way I can make notes while listening. Do the same in the car sometimes, listen to documents that maybe helpful.
-
Buy some cheap scooters for staff to scoot between rooms?
-
I'll probably be up in Ballyclare sometime next year, apart from that I go to Dublin a few times a year, I love Ireland. Congrats on the job.
