-
Posts
678 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by RobD
-
I use these too when working in factories. Wore them for two long days during a wireless survey, really good.
-
All the subnets setup correctly in sites and services so the clients know which site they're in and subsequently which DC to auth against?
-
If you want a quick and easy method with a pretty GUI, then check out PDQ deploy (there's a free version or paid version).
- 10 replies
-
- batch
- coreldraw2020
-
(and 3 more)
Tagged with:
-
I like example of power from an AP: https://twitter.com/MacDeryng/status/1205091433088200705/photo/1 So basically stand under a AP and recieve 0.025Ws of power where as you stand 50m from a FM transmitter and you'll receive 12.6W of power.
-
-
I wrote that article Have a look in the server manager to see if the sizes match. Also you could download treesize and you can see what size your file store should be if it weren’t deduped.
-
My suggestion would be draw it out. You could do something like this? i.e. vlan 10 - between core and LGFL LGFL - 10.24.1.1 Core - 10.24.1.2 Then have a new for you edge switches vlan 100 - between core and the switches Core - 10.24.2.2 edge - 10.24.2.3
-
Hello, My company would like to use a page from our head offices sharepoint site as our home page (intranet) when they open Edge Chromium (Version 85.0.564.68 (Official build) (64-bit)). For example: Head office: https://ContosoGroup.sharepoint.com Our divisional page: https://ContosoGroup.sharepoint.com/sites/Div-landing The users were getting prompted to enter their U&P at sign in. So I added: *.sharepoint.com To the Local Intranet websites and auto logon with the users U&P via a Zone Mappings GPO. Now when users logon they can get to head offices website with any prompt (and then our page if they follow the url). But if they open Edge and and go directly to our page (sites/Div-landing) it propts for credentials: From what I undertand I dont need to add the untire url to the zone mapping. I've also tested with trusted zone with the same issue. Could this be an issue with the page on sharepoint we've made?
-
If you set up a site to site vpn with Azure then it just becomes another server on the network all be it with a potentially different differnet subnet and would probably be an idea to test latency.
-
Could do it in Azure otherwise?
-
Another for Krystal, here's a referal for a £10 off too: 4070f032
-
I have 2008 golf...umm mark something. I love it, I put 80 ish miles a day on it (when in work) and its just a total work horse. I'd love a new one but just cant see the value add at the moment.
-
Maybe build one from new and see what the speed is like. Also test the disk performance with iometer: https://www.itprotoday.com/mobile-management-and-security/using-iometer-measure-disk-performance Could test the network too with jperf: https://turbofuture.com/computers/How-to-Measure-Network-Throughput-Using-JPerf
-
Whats it running as thats pretty beefy, if you oversize your VMs then there can be serious performance issues. The hypervisor scheduler will have to wait for 8 physical cores to be free, I know it sound odd but try and shrink the big VMs and see if that improves performance.
-
Does the VM have 8 cores and 64GB of RAM or the host?
-
Hello, Have you enabled the TCP/IP protocal in SQL manager? You setting up a SQL Availability group? https://www.sqlrx.com/steps-for-installing-sql-server-alwayson-availability-groups/
-
I hate windows 2016 and windows update. Try and download the latest patch and manually installing it, that seems to fix the windows update dlls etc. I also changed my GPOs to get 2016 servers patching from wsus.
-
Glad you found it, I'm guessing you've got a cert authority (this is a pretty good guide).
-
I didn't think network+ covered routing protocols? Personally I'd do the ccna, it'll get you used to the Cisco mentality. I'm really keen to do a ccnp too, can't decide what material to use but I have installed EVE-NG (free one) which is brilliant as a equipment simulator.
-
My guess is it'll depend on the priority you have set up as well as the timeout and idle settings. If you setup the rules to lookup computer account first then user first then I think you'll be ok.
-
I quite fancy a nighthawk, are they good? Which one do you have?
-
Unless you have dead zones in the house I wouldnt bother with Mesh, you're just adding extra hops to the traffic (which can drop bandwidth by half). See if you ISP router covers it and if not then think about a new AP.
-
Use Raspberry PI as Wifi adapter for PC
RobD replied to mdrabble's topic in Raspberry Pi, Arduino & Other SBCs
Is the pi using a built in wireless nic? Otherwise take it out of the pi? -
Is this what you tried: Get-CsOnlineUser | Select-Object UserPrincipalName, TeamsMessagingPolicy | Export-Csv c:\TeamsPoliciesMessaging2.csv -NoTypeInformation Edit: nevermind you sorted it.
-
Says its accredited: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/learn/certifications/azure-fundamentals
