Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

HarryMonkey

Members
  • Posts

    3,858
  • Joined

Everything posted by HarryMonkey

  1. Mugs (especially nice ones) disappear off to the art or DT department where they hide on window sills full of paintbrushes. They also get covered in paint which, unlike permanent magic marker, is impossible to remove without a chisel.
  2. My local Morrisons yesterday ...
  3. Just an idea ... if you have photoshop, the new "Generative Extend" feature will put a top on that mountain for you.
  4. It would appear that Seabrook have discontinued theirs as well.
  5. Well, I went into the shop and all they had was a silver one (But I ordered a blue standard 15 anyway). Apparently in another (reasonably local) shop, they had all been stolen within a few hours of being installed.
  6. Had another visit from this little critter over the weekend. He/she has become a regular visitor now along with a friend. (I've since given them a different dish that they cant tip over).
  7. I need to go to the O2 shop at the weekend to get a proper look at colours before I decide which one to get. My 2yo 13 will then go to my partner and her 4 year old 11 will be traded in or sold.
  8. I had this pop up on Facebook today ... https://bighedgehogmap.org/holes-for-hedgehogs-home/map-hedgehog-sighting
  9. Had some success myself with strawberries in a small trough. Most pleasing after 10 years without a garden
  10. It be that day again ahaaaarrrgggh
  11. That reminds me of this ...
  12. What did you think to it?
  13. Nothing planned for the weekend but we do have tickets for Peter Kay at the O2 on Wednesday so we're stopping over and making a trip of it.
  14. Well I've got the whole week off. I don't care too much about the weather. It will just be nice to be off when everyone else is running round like mad things on the last week of the holidays.
  15. Wfh today with the patio doors open looking out onto the garden with the flowers waving gently in the sunny breeze . Happy days. (Context ... up until Feb this year we were in a one bedroom, 2nd floor flat with no outside space. whf meant sitting hunched over my laptop on a coffee table).
  16. That was my point. Being the registered keeper does not mean that you are necessarily the owner. This has some useful info ... https://www.dvla-contact-number.co.uk/the-differences-between-the-registered-keeper-and-owner-of-a-vehicle/
  17. Why can't you be a part owner?
  18. I've worked in a few scenarios. One where staff laptops were replaced by desktop PCs connected to the board/projector. I would say that around 80% of staff gave their laptops back. They didn't want to cart them round every day, they rarely took them home and thought it was great that they could walk into a classroom and just log in without having to worry about HDMI/DVI/VGA connectors. If they needed a laptop to take home at some point they could book one out. Another place installed USB docks that connected to the laptop and board/projector. They were met with mixed feelings. The final scenario was each teacher having a laptop and having to carry it with them and have IT support provide them with a never ending supply of chargers and HDMI adapters and cables where they'd left them at home. Personally, I favour the first option but it will all depend on the teachers in your school as well as the local politics.
  19. I go into town for (basically) two things ... Specsavers and haircut. There's nothing there for me. I can get most of what I want at the out of town retail park(s), including Wilko. Interestingly our local council has just introduced 4 hours free parking each day in order to encourage people back into the town centre.
  20. When I was at ICl, we had a room with half a dozen or so line printers, enormous great things about 7 foot wide. Get them all printing at the same time and all with the lids up and you couldn't hear yourself think.
  21. Aahhh, mainframe computer rooms. Happy days.
  22. I use them regularly, so does my OH. It would be a shame to see them go. I guess they're up against the likes of The Range and B&M so competition is probably quite stiff in that area of the market.
  23. Looks like Wilko might be about to hit the wall. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-66395824
×
×
  • Create New...