Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

ICT_GUY

Members
  • Posts

    2,543
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by ICT_GUY

  1. http://wykeregisjun.co.uk/camstudiodemo.wmv low res proof of concept. Full res is lossless. Works a treat.
  2. how about a screen capture bit of software, that is free and will convert anything on your screen to an AVI file that you can then convert to a smaller file? Keeps all the effects and timings ect. http://camstudio.org/ It will take a little getting used to but it works great!
  3. NOTE This seems to be an OKI specific problem with refilling. It has knackered 6 printers so far including my home one.
  4. I would ban them from the computers for deliberately trying to get around measures implemented by the admin to insure the good running of the network. Couldn't possible argue otherwise in a case like that.
  5. Refilled mine, from various toner refill companies. The fake toner gums up the drum units and produces very poor results. I have had to retire all of my b4100s after 10 - 12k because of this. Our C5600n had to have all its drums replaced, the refill company coughed up a refund of £200 for that. We now by proper re mans from IJT.
  6. I wonder how long Apple & Jobs can keep the clueless public blind to the fact that apple products are in fact not that great. Sure they look nice but so they should for twice the price. It makes me cringe when I see people in general walking around with white ear pieces sticking out of their heads wearing a rather smug look on their faces. I refuse point blank to speak to people who will not remove them when talking to me. And I have lost count of the number of people who come to me after buying a mac, then finding out it does not "work" the same way as their PC did, and tell me the problems they have had getting used to the os. One mouse button? Don't even get me started on that. Its not that I am anti apple, Its just another big corporation with a huge amount of spin. Selling expensive goods when you can buy mp3 players for £5 in Tesco and £200 laptops that work well.
  7. http://www.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/3353784c7a.jpg
  8. Yup, supports all that and more. Take a look under the hood and you will find a whole host of ways of tweaking it. Multiple users & events that are private/public ect. Also you can make it private too, so you have to log in to be able to view it.
  9. Its a windows update problem, well documented. Install all the latest MS updates, which should cure the problem. Cure all website. http://www.technibble.com/how-to-fix-svchost-using-100-cpu-memory-leak/
  10. Yes been on my list for a while, girlfriend likes it too. The death one about the death of the creator of D&D is priceless. so much so, i will post it here. http://www.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/1902a304a4.png
  11. CCleaner does a very good job of getting rid of junk files including windows update crud, and I am pretty sure it can be run from a command line with "%ProgramFiles%\CCleaner\ccleaner.exe" /AUTO Not that relevant but ccleaner does a damn good job of cleaning up the detritus that xp leaves scattered around your hard drive and its free. (very good for pre ghost images too)
  12. We use the google apps calendar it works well and can me integrated into a normal web page. http://www.wykeregisjun.co.uk/calendar.php
  13. ICT_GUY

    Xbox360 or Ps3

    I have mine running through a VGA cable, amazing quality.
  14. http://www.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/956a337daa.jpg Same image (one that comes with xp) different colours, the right background comes up for the right login.
  15. ICT_GUY

    Xbox360 or Ps3

    I had one of those back in the 70's. I have a 360, its great, the games are cheap and it works. Locally you can buy pre owned games for it from £5 upwards. FTW!
  16. Saw this. Basically we follow guidelines, such as not putting names and photos together. plus using small pics for the web typically 300 x 225 so that there is no detail for group pics but enough to give an idea what's going on. Now I wonder how many of their kids have pics (and not demure ones at that) and a ton of personal information (enough to track them down) on at least one social network?
  17. I have wmv & mpegII I can also convert it to AVI.
  18. Like other occult techniques of divination, the statistical method has a private jargon deliberately contrived to obscure its methods from nonpractitioners. Thats the one that got me in trouble.
  19. ICT_GUY

    40" Tv

    Buy an xbox 360?
  20. I had this as a quote script on our website, That is until I had one parent complain that she didn't understand them. and why did the quote of the day keep changing. ooopppss The text that you have entered is too long (44930 characters). Please shorten it to 10000 characters long. ok go here
  21. LMFAO. I have 1700+ unread spam emails in my website contact account. Got to love Gmail, it filters and deletes them automatically after 30 days. Its interesting to see that the email address is getting around the spammers lists as the number per 30 days is growing by around 200 per month. The trouble is they all refer to the s!z3 of my p13n1s! And something about putting a large piece of field artillery in my underpants, which quite frankly would be impractical and damned inconvenient.
  22. Thanks, but we have £15 left in our budget and I just spent £10 on batteries. Its going to end up as a VCD at this rate, its not even a good video.
  23. Top Price £200, Fair price £100 - £150. Based on the fact that you can buy brand new ASUS laptops from ASDA for £299 that are of higher spec and come with a warranty.
  24. I had thought of buying another card. I will however try plugging it into a wired connection next time it goes wrong along with doing a nslookup on the server.
  25. I have that but it wants a prepared video folder with the vob files ect in it, which is the bit I am having trouble with. (having a huge head ache is not helping either).
×
×
  • Create New...