-
Posts
767 -
Joined
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by PeterW
-
From intel Processors - How Do I Know Which Processors Support Dual Processing? Might be worth checking the dell support site just incase.
-
Fun for a few minutes... Until you end up upside down
PeterW commented on localzuk's blog entry in Wandering lonely as a clown...
Yes I was being sarcastic, badley executed by the looks of it. -
Fun for a few minutes... Until you end up upside down
PeterW commented on localzuk's blog entry in Wandering lonely as a clown...
What makes you think he/she was speeding? -
320MB/640MB is the G80 512MB is the G92
-
Some models from Old Maxtor, Samsung & Western Digital all have NCQ. I have a 3 year old 200GB Maxtor at home with NCQ.
-
All Maxtor RMAs are handled by Seagate now and goto the UK forwarding center.
-
You wont be able to fire the boards up without any ram installed
-
Never had any real issues with the Adaptec 3805 8 port drive hardware RAID card Adaptec - Adaptec RAID 3805 although they have recently launched a new 5805 model.
-
heres a question for ya, whats the strangest thing......
PeterW replied to davyboi's topic in General Chat
Copper coins in DVDRW drives -
You ship to a UK forwarding centre so whatever royal mail charge to send the weight of the hard drive? Depends if you send it recoreded or standard parcels.
-
As far as I'm aware the is no expiry planned for downgrade rights.
-
No tape backup support without 3rd-party software
PeterW replied to SteveMC's topic in Windows Server 2008
No your not wrong, spot on actually. -
Were they the VAIO ones? I wouldnt trust any of the Ebay sticks these days they all have modified firmware which normally work great upto about 1GB
-
Hmm I think there is a South Park episode where everybody gets them and they create a big cloud of smug.
-
Sounds like windows update, had this with the Realtek HD Audio on a work machine recently. You could try rolling back the driver.
-
There are two versions of that board one has the ADI 1888 codec and the other is Realtek ALC655, are you able to look at the board and confirm it is the Realtek one you have?
-
Have you got a spare HDD you can hook up and do a clean Windows install to confirm the hardware is ok?
-
You explain you have purchased a system with Vista Business pre installed and you have installed XP Pro via your downgrade rights they will let the machine activate. From MS
-
Some card reader chipsets have windows drivers (normally a patched usbstor.inf) giving card icons and descriptions instead of the generic removable drive.
-
LOL http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbbBqZyjkiE
-
Sorry my bad that one does run Aero but doesnt carry the associated Vista Premium certification. For the price difference I would go with the Intel chipset every time.
-
Yes the E2160 is a good CPU generally. No Pentium D was the first Intel Dual Core but it was based on 2x Pentium 4 CPUs making them hot and power hungry. They were phased ut some time ago.
-
I thought I had but perhaps I'm thinking of a different forum. That game is one of my all time favorites, SWOS is also legendary.
-
http://www.ebuyer.com/product/131182 Get this board instead its a bit better, Intel Chipset GB Lan will run Aero. Would then look at maybe 1GB of ram if your budget could stretch (looks like the budget is tight). Also for a couple of £ more you could have a Celeron Dual Core E1200 which is as good as any in its price range http://www.ebuyer.com/product/139975
