Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

round2it

Members
  • Posts

    2,107
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by round2it

  1. round2it

    iMac issue

    dodgy ram?
  2. I had something like this and changed out the wifi card and everything worked again. Tested the faulty wifi card in another machine and got the same results. Possibly try another wifi card.
  3. zoo storm support was awful, if you can afford it use someone else
  4. We issue cards to staff as they are dual purpose (door Entry). All student print jobs goto a hold/release system (papercut) the staff logon to print release https:\\servername\release they log in and they can release the work for students. this keeps the students in the classroom until 5 mins towards the end and then they release all the jobs. Well thats the idea.
  5. No sure if this has been posted before but emco have a few good free tools that i am using at the moment. the server ping tool is useful Freeware - EMCO Software the free versions do have limitations EG the server ping monitor will do 5 devices. but for free you cant complain. We purchased emco remote shutdown and it has been rock solid for 377 days now great piece of software at a reasonable price (not advertising)
  6. Will have a look at transport rules. Just moving from exchange 2003 to 2010
  7. though so but its nice to check ah well gonna brush up on my script creation now where has that book gone
  8. is robocopy part of windows 7 theses days? was just looking for a quick way to get this done as it is only a few users that need signatures at the moment
  9. it is a possability, but would only think of doing that during the holidays, would like a simple fix for now. Would this work robocopy "U:\signatures" "c:\users\%username%\roaming\appdata\microsoft\signatures" /MIR U: being the users own home folder would need to put a if exists section first though to stop any errors
  10. Hi All I have a small issue with using mandatory profiles and outlook 2010 When a user sets a signature it is lost upon logoff (by design due to mandatory profliles) As the signature is created in c:\users\%username%\roaming\appdata\microsoft\signatures I would think a log off script to check if a signature has been created or present if so copy to the users homefolder for use later I would then need a logon script to copy the signature if exists from the home drive to c:\users\%username%\appdata\microsoft\signatures Has anyone done this if so can you share a script or any other way to do this GPP. I really do not want to put our staff on roaming profiles if I can help it but the outlook issue is a deal breaker at the moment Any other ideas of getting this working would be a real life saver at the moment.
  11. Ditched it and went with iamlearning. Never looked back.
  12. we are having the same issue our council helpdesk told me that our provider has been blacklisted by microsoft. so all schools using microsoft mail products 365 for example are getting bounced back try sending an email to a google account and they should get through.
  13. i ditched net support as it was way too exspensive and it crashed older machines. i went with lan school as it just works. if you get a quote ask for migration pricing (i got a huge discount)
  14. Software for playing bells is kirby alarm system its free for older version. plays wav files only pro plays mp3s we have used it for 9 years never failed.
  15. yes i looked at that this morning and I think we should be using it. - - - Updated - - - I wish it worked like that here
  16. You asume that they actually read the guides that I produce age old problem of getting staff to do as instructed
  17. my problem is that they do not email reception. so we get allstaff emails (who rung so and so) this seems very unprofessional to me.
  18. I agree communication should be recorded in sims (i will bring this up with management) I will look at google forms to see if I can work something out. The reason i wanted web based pref hosted on site is because of the 2 click rule (any more than 2 clicks and teaching staff will not understand or use it) Thanks
  19. Hi everyone I am in need of a web based simple database that staff can input who they have tried to contact via telephone. Ideal would be Date/time staff name parent called. no other info needed something simple that could cun on my wamp setup reason behind it is I am sick of the did you ring such and such all staff emails any ideas
  20. Yea got that one locked down thanks. Kms now counting activation requests just need to fire up 25 machines now. Thanks everyone.
  21. Do microsoft have meetings to come up with dumb ideas like this Thanks sted
  22. Was not trying to use workstation key on a server just wanted to add a win 7 kms key to the kms server so that it will activate my clients. The servers own key should not be in this equation. As the point of the kms server is to let you activate your products from a central point. Adding various keys for products that you require activating. Unless i am up my own a@@ tonight thats how i see kms working. I will shut up now talking about things i dont understand. Again thanks for they replys.
  23. slmgr /ipk xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx Should do the trick then I will add windows 8.1 license and see what happens Thanks for the replys Really tired and its only tuesday
×
×
  • Create New...