Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

tech-man

Members
  • Posts

    433
  • Joined

Everything posted by tech-man

  1. If I search for KB4012212 in WSUS and view status report it is not approved and it says it is needed by 0 computers. If I download it manually and try to install, it will install. Can anyone else shed any light on this?
  2. I am still confused by this: We have KB4015549 (April Security Monthly Rollup) installed everywhere on all devices. However it will allow me to install KB4012212 (March 2017 Security Only Quality Update) Please can someone shed some light on this...?!
  3. Which is the March one.....
  4. Just to be sure if I have kb4015549 April Security Monthly Rollup am I protected and patched against ms17-010. I'm sure the answer is yes... just for my own peace of mind and sanity!
  5. Hello Can anyone point me in the direction of some simple how-to-guides on migration of on-premesis Exchange 2010 to Office 365 using the migration tool? Thanks
  6. Hello A bit of a discussion: Thinking about reviewing our internet filtering and re-evaluating the market... Has anyone considered how many different languages different products filter against as part of the evaluation process? e.g. a terrorist related site written in a different language - how many products would block/filter this? I would be interested to hear peoples thoughts... Cheers
  7. For information: we have had performance issues with reconciliation in FMS for AGES and finally Capita have released a miracle patch 22697 "Auto rec slow" - our screens now open instantly.
      • 1
      • Thanks
  8. We have always used Allied Telesis switches with no issues & great service. PM for more info.
  9. IT Technician - King Edward VI School Permanent Full-time, 37 hours per week, 52 weeks Grade 3 – £15,823 – £17,169 Required as soon as possible an IT Technician to join our team delivering IT services across the school. You will be a part of a proactive and experienced support team. You need to have excellent organisational and interpersonal skills and be able to relate well to both adults and young people. Your knowledge will include Microsoft operating systems, networking and you will have the ability to learn new skills. If you are confident, proactive and undaunted by working within a fast paced and challenging IT environment we would love to hear from you. For an informal conversation about the post, please contact Stuart Whiting, IT Manager, [email protected] or call 01284 716186 Closing date: 12 noon, 20 March 2017
  10. Hello I have a Server 2008 R2 box which has the Certificate Services roles running on it... if I do an in place upgrade will it migrate this over and continue to work as normal? Thanks
  11. https://www.paessler.com/ - PRTG all the way! Great product.
  12. Watching this post with great interest!!! Same issues going on here.....
  13. We use http://www.cmtc.co.uk for our Mac stuff - haven't looked back. Managed solution, works great.
  14. We have a managed Fortinet firewall and use McAfee Web Gateway for filtering (very flexible / extensive product). PM me for more info if of interest.
  15. This is very sad ... this tool has saved people hours of work.
  16. Can you point Office to a proxy?
  17. Hello How can I make Office 2013 work behind a proxy server e.g for help / connecting to Office 365 services etc? Thanks
  18. tech-man

    Mac issues

    Check DNS is all in order Inc forward and reverse lookups.
  19. Does anyone know - what would happen with above if we issued temp UPNs to about 15 students then changed them to correct perm once we have them? Would all accounts auto re-align etc?
  20. As far as I'm aware this has always been the case.....
  21. What cloud backup solution are you using?
  22. Please see link below for details: King Edward VI School - Staff Vacancies
  23. Does anyone have anymore feedback on this?
  24. Thanks - got it sorted. Didn't have headers in the CSV.
×
×
  • Create New...