Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

tech-man

Members
  • Posts

    433
  • Joined

Everything posted by tech-man

  1. Hello My users of Office can't connect to help which is online? Anyway of making Office 2013 use a proxy etc? Thanks
  2. Thanks folks - worked a treat, understand it a bit more now!
  3. ignore that, if i do .\create.ps1 - I get this... PS C:\users\user\Desktop> .\create.ps1 cmdlet New-ADUser at command pipeline position 1 Supply values for the following parameters: Name:
  4. Sorted - sorry - more like brain dead!
  5. Hello I have taken a script from here and adapted it for what I think I need... but as a very newbie to Powershell it isn't working (surprise) and I expect I have done something wrong! Wonder if anyone would be kind enough to debug it for me! https://gist.github.com/979a588ae2085657e212 Thanks
  6. Staffcodes.... I just do as i'm told!
  7. Had to remove some old logins out in sql management studio... good to see the gui is effective......
  8. Hello Some trusted logins for SIMS are not working (new user accounts) - does anyone have any ideas why? Thanks
  9. It's been setup on a volume for a while, just moving more data to it and want to force it to run.
  10. Awesome - thanks. Do I need to use any of the other commands first?
  11. Hello I have just copied a fair amount of data on to a deduped drive, how can I force a dedupe to run? Thanks
  12. It seems to work now, no firewall changes or connectivity issues. Can only assume it had issues connecting to something that was down further up the tree!
  13. Does anyone have any suggestion on this?
  14. Just trying to upgrade my FMS but its failing with the following errors - does anyone have any ideas? 2015-07-23 19:00:14.1219|*** 2015-07-23 19:00:14.1219|*** Starting deployment plan FMS Summer 2015 Full Release (6.164.336). 2015-07-23 19:00:14.1219|*** 2015-07-23 19:00:14.1219|*** 2015-07-23 19:00:14.1219|*** Downloading of updates to agents is being throttled at 3 concurrent downloads 2015-07-23 19:00:14.1219|*** 2015-07-23 19:00:14.1219|ds|Info|Verifying deployment plan|Execute() 2015-07-23 19:00:14.1409|ds|Info|Calling proxy for package status check|Execute() 2015-07-23 19:00:19.0589|ds|Error|The creator of this fault did not specify a Reason.|CanExecutePlan() 2015-07-23 19:00:19.0689|ds|Error|The creator of this fault did not specify a Reason.|CanExecutePlan()
  15. Can anyone give me any pointers about why MDT might hang at various stages and what I could do to resolve the issue? I don't think it is a resource issue as the server has enough free resources. Also, does anyone have any pointers around multicast setup? I have tried in the past with limited success. Thanks
  16. Just jumping slightly on the end of this, what else do you guys do to images before you re-capture them? Windows updates? What things do you customise in the default user? Thanks
  17. Thanks - just wondering if other schools/LAs are having issues.
  18. Is anyone having address validation issues within SIMS.net? Thanks
  19. Does anyone have any other suggestions about this?
  20. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks
  21. Hello Our automatic reconciliation screens within FMS seem to be painfully slow. When switching been screens it just waits... all other functions with in FMS/SIMS run at a good pace. Does anyone have any suggestions?
  22. Recently upgraded to SOLUS 3.9 from 3.6.... When using 3.6 my technicians could use there own user credentials to install SIMS/FMS on a remote machine... since upgrading to 3.9 this now doesn't work.... "access denied to the remote machine" they have administrator access on the remote machines. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks
  23. Hello I am trying to install SIMS on a computer which has recently been rebuilt using SOLUS 3.9 via AD browse. The computer wont appear via the AD browse and it reports No Computers Found. I am able to browse and find other computers which have never had SIMS, but SOLUS seems to think SIMS is installed on this machine - the computer is not listed in the agent list. Does anyone have any ideas how I can clear this?
  24. OK - so it now looks like the upgrade has worked... how can I verify that the database upgrade aspect of it has happened? What tables or other bits are new in the DB? I have new GUI (yuck) & agents deployed.
  25. Different error this time: Product: SOLUS 3 Deployment Server Database -- Error 26204. Error -2147217900: failed to execute SQL string, error detail: User does not have permission to perform this action., SQL key: CreateMachineLogin_Trusted SQL string: IF NOT EXISTS (SELECT name FROM master.sys.server_principals WHERE name = 'DOMAIN\SIMSSRV$') BEGIN CREATE LOGIN [DOMAIN\SIMSSRV$] FROM WINDOWS WITH DEFAULT_DATABASE=[master] END
×
×
  • Create New...