-
Posts
433 -
Joined
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by tech-man
-
Yes - refreshing page & yes more than one DC.
-
No errors - just doesn't replace what is already in the job title field. Thanks
-
Not having much luck getting this to work? Powershell frustrates me!
-
Hello Could someone help me with a Powershell script? I need to update/replace job titles in AD from a CSV. The format of the CSV is: username, jobtitle. Thanks
-
ActivBoard +1 - Intermittent loss of interactity
tech-man replied to DavR's topic in Promethean Direct Support
We had issues with USB on AB+2's and converted them to serial & now we experience some lagging issues on boards from time to time. -
+1 CodeTwo offering
-
Need some advice... I have been asked by SLT to set up some kind of online form on iPads for a data collection. Can anyone suggest a way of doing this? We use Office 365. They want the data added to some kind of collated stack. Thanks
-
We have ours done by: Ifsol Home - they've served us well for a number of years.
-
Thanks username & command need to be enclosed in "" how can I do this?
-
Add different amounts of credit to users worked out by a excel formula....
-
I dont think the command line para's are being passed in the format that I need.....
-
Hello Can someone help me debug this script? Need a script to read a CSV and run a command to add print credit to users. I've given an example command line which works. Thanks $Users = Import-Csv -Path "$env:USERPROFILE\Desktop\credit.csv" ForEach ($User in $Users) { $Parameters = @{ Credit = $User.Credit Comment = $User.Comment User = $User.Username } Write-host @Parameters # "c:\Program Files\PaperCut MF\server\bin\win\server-command.exe adjust-user-account-balance" @Parameters # EXAMPLE command with parameters "c:\Program Files\PaperCut MF\server\bin\win\server-command.exe" adjust-user-account-balance "TESTUSER" 1.00 "Add £1" }
-
Thanks both for your help - @pcstru is it possible to set a base & subcontainers OU for lookup?
-
I'm slowly getting my head more around PS - how do I get an export of all AD users with UserPrincipalName & homePhone? Thanks!
-
I did a bit of reading.... and changed the line to: Get-ADUser -Filter "UserPrincipalName -eq '$($User.UPN)'" | Set-ADUser -Replace @{homePhone=$User.AdNo} This worked for some reason.... powershell - Get-ADUser -Filter fails when comparing to an object's property - Stack Overflow
-
PS C:\users\user\Desktop> .\UpdateAdNo.ps1 @{[email protected]; Adno=A123456} Get-ADUser : Property: 'UPN' not found in object of type: 'System.Management.Automation.PSCustomObject'. At C:\users\user\Desktop\UpdateAdNo.ps1:5 char:1 + Get-ADUser -Filter {UserPrincipalName -eq $User.UPN} | Set-ADUser -Replace @{hom ... + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ + CategoryInfo : InvalidArgument: ( [Get-ADUser], ArgumentException + FullyQualifiedErrorId : Property: 'UPN' not found in object of type: 'System.Managemen t.Automation.PSCustomObject'.,Microsoft.ActiveDirectory.Management.Commands.GetADUser
-
This is what I am seeing: $UserDetails = Import-CSV C:\user.csv foreach ($User in $UserDetails) { Get-ADUser -Filter {UserPrincipalName -eq $User.UPN} | Set-ADUser -Replace @{homePhone=$User.AdNo} } CSV: "UPN","Adno" "[email protected]","A12345" Error: Get-ADUser : Property: 'UPN' not found in object of type: 'System.Management.Automation.PSCustomObject'. At C:\users\user\Desktop\UpdateAdNo.ps1:4 char:1 + Get-ADUser -Filter {UserPrincipalName -eq $User.UPN} | Set-ADUser -Replace @{hom ... + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ + CategoryInfo : InvalidArgument: ( [Get-ADUser], ArgumentException + FullyQualifiedErrorId : Property: 'UPN' not found in object of type: 'System.Managemen t.Automation.PSCustomObject'.,Microsoft.ActiveDirectory.Management.Commands.GetADUser
-
Sorry I meant UserPrincipleName - [email protected]
-
Hello I need to update all my student users on AD adding there Admission Number... can anyone help me out with a powershell script? I have a CSV in the following format: UPN, AdmissionNumber I probably want to populate the pager field. Thanks
-
I gave up with a FMS speed issue with support.
-
Hello Does anyone have any social media policies or guidelines that they would be willing to share? Thanks
-
Not a wildcard cert, but there is a valid global sign cert on the server and seems to be assigned in NPS correctly.
-
I think it's fair to say that most Cashless providers are swamped this time of year...!
-
Hello Currently out BYOD SSID is configured to use 802.1x and some windows clients (not all) have issues connecting to it. To get around the issue we have to manually create the connect and uncheck the "Validate server certificate" this enables clients to connect. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks
