-
Posts
433 -
Joined
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by tech-man
-
I've just done that anyway. Now rerunning....
-
Seeing a couple of errors in event viewer: Login failed for user 'NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM'. Reason: Failed to open the explicitly specified database 'solus3_deployment_server'. [CLIENT: ] & then Product: SOLUS 3 Deployment Server Database -- Error 1722. There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A program run as part of the setup did not finish as expected. Contact your support personnel or package vendor. Action LaunchSqlPackage, location: C:\Program Files (x86)\Solus3\Deployment Server Database\, command: ********** Any suggestions?
-
Deep joy of joys...
-
Hello I am trying to upgrade my SOLUS from 3.6 to 3.9, the system tells me I need to install 3.7 first. When trying to install 3.7 it fails... does anyone have any ideas why? It fails around 19:59 Thanks
-
Hello I am currently looking at Zoostorm & VeryPC for some replacement computers, always been a Dell house but evaluating other options. Can anyone give me any feedback on the two companies, on here or via PM? I am interested in the quality & after sales support etc. Many thanks
-
Hello We are using Office 365 with our students successfully and account are provisioned with Directory Sync. I now want to convert to using SSO, can anyone offer any advice on converting / migrating to this? Thanks
-
This seems self resolved for us this morning - clearly an issue at YouTube.
-
Does anyone have any further news on this? Thanks
-
Great thanks - any updates would be appreciated.
-
Is anyone else having issues with YouTube for schools not applying? Thanks
-
Hello When adding Cover via Focus, School, Arrange Cover... is it possible make it auto-populate the "Working Days Lost" under the Staff Absences section? Thanks
-
Thanks for this folks. I am seeing that when I reset a users password to say Password1 and force password change at next login the message is coming up about complexity etc. Min password age is set to 1 day.... Most odd..... nothing has changed in my environment....
-
Hello When users try and change passwords the computers are reporting that passwords do not meet the complexity requirements... but they are. Never seen this before, any suggestions where to start looking etc? Domain: Server 2008 R2 function level. Thanks
-
Just looking at migrating student data to a deduped drive... should I be looking to exclude any file exts from dedupe? VHD, PST? Thanks
-
It isn't easy to get a 2 week, 4 period day timetable with 3 rows of data per period to print on an A4 2 panel label. It would be good if you could add more spacing between the two timetables to move the second one down to print in the correct position. Another fine improvement, really disappointing change!
-
Hello Does anyone know if it is possible to change the behavior of the Take Registers button in SIMS? I have been asked if it is possible for the system to display a weeks worth of registers for tutors to look absence etc. Thanks
-
So I have purchased a Promethean projector with a mount to swap out on my +2 boards when we have a faulty one. We have two types of boards which require different mounts and have been told that I can't buy the other mount separately! This is awful... think I will look at other projectors and 3rd party mounts now. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks
-
Did anyone else read about Capita demoing a new version of SOLUS via Webinar? If so, I cant find any info about it.... Might be going mad - which is entirely possible.... Cheers
-
Hello Looking at firewall options here, would be interested to know what people use... Thanks!
-
Hello Can anyone tell me if it is possible to monitor Office 365 email accounts for cyber-bullying or create a list of words to be monitored etc? Thanks
-
Hello Does anyone know any sources of reconditioned iPad 2's? Thanks
-
Has anyone deployed ChemSketch via MSI? I am having a few issues in getting it to work etc. Thanks
-
Thanks guys... given up on this - I created a file in Excel to do them all on a one by one basis.
-
No joy, throws a licence error... This command works: set-MsolUserLicense -UserPrincipalName [email protected] -AddLicenses XXXX:OFFICESUBSCRIPTION_STUDENT I want to be able to do this for all my users - odd
-
That wont work for us as we have already granted Outlook & Office 365 so therefore they are not unlicenced....
