Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

tech-man

Members
  • Posts

    433
  • Joined

Everything posted by tech-man

  1. Thanks
  2. Has anyone setup an iPhone to sync with Exchange? If so can you make it sync calendar items? I am having issues doing it! My head teacher really wants it to work!!!! Any help/advice would be most welcome! Many thanks
  3. Yes, I had a similar issue and a BIOS update made things better
  4. Pay is very low, considering your a large school.
  5. have a look at DIY CCTV, DVR Digital Video Recorders, Home CCTV security, security cameras,
  6. I got a whole £22 back!
  7. Yes this is a problem for me too! I am watching with interest! Stuart
  8. OK if you have RM I spose!
  9. Hi, Does anyone use Ranger Outpost? How does it work for you? Any issues? How does it work technically, does it use WebDav? I am thinking of using it for remote home working and also making it available to students on our wireless network so they can access files.... Thanks for any comments/help. Stuart
  10. Only issue we had was with Edexcel, with students that have joined from other centres, and Edexcel using the previous UCI and not the one we sent them..... none of the other exam boards have this issue, they use the ones we send them. Any ideas? This is a yearly annoyance...
  11. Yup, we have 3 people in the finance office. FMS runs on a MSSQL database, same as SIMS - some operations in FMS may require exclusive access(but I can't say for sure)
  12. Research Machines 380Z - We don't use it, however I think it will still works!
  13. peh... mind you - I will think of you when I am on holiday at the end of September! for 2 reasons: 1. you will be at work while students are around and I am on holiday 2. I will be on a cheaper holiday as it is term time!
  14. Also have a look at http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=d00e3eae-930a-42b0-b595-66f462f5d87b&DisplayLang=en
  15. I did robocopy o:\ednet o:\ednet /E /COPYALL is that ok? Stuart
  16. Thanks, where can I get this from?
  17. Hi I have not had much success in setting up a iPhone 2 with Exchange, has anyone managed this yet? How do you get the calendar function working? What configuration details did you use? Thanks
  18. Hi I need to move student files to another server, how can I copy them to another server and retain NTFS permissions? Thanks Stuart
  19. Hello, We recently disposed of our last 2 Kyocera 8000c colour laser printers. We have some toner left over and would be interested in selling it. If interested please PM me. Thanks Stuart
  20. It's great.... so what project has everyone got on?
  21. YEEEEEEES! Now I can get on with someone work! Jumps for joy, peace from students and staff....
  22. I can 'hang' off all my cabs! They are all raw bolted to the wall. Who on earth signed that work off as complete?
  23. We use Secure Computing SmartFilter which has recently gained Becta accreditation - a very good product. We purchased it from Brightfilter - Delivering online protection for Enterprise, LEAs, Business, Education and the Home. I understand they supply it to some LEAs for RBCs. Support is first rate and the response filter list changes are very fast. Well worth a look.
  24. Do you have exchange 2007 installed on a 32bit server?
  25. Well the server seems happy 'ish, for some reason when placed under any load it goes belly up...
×
×
  • Create New...